US Politics Thread | Page 6 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

I think he was referring more to, where do you draw the line on the abortion talk?

Complete "free choice", even to the extent of termination last minute, Which is what HC wants - in that the choice (no matter how far gone in pregnancy) should always be of that the Mother.

From what I gather he is pro life and he believes the fetus has rights.

It is a popular choice amongst many Americans, especially in the religious areas/circles.

Vile man for pro life stance and highlighting what HC wants to allow? Not so sure!

Managed to get an abstract from that topic;

“I’m going to give you a chance respond but I want to ask you Secretary Clinton I want to explore how far you believe the right to abortion goes. You have been quoted as saying that the fetus has no constitutional rights. You also voted against a ban on late-term partial-birth abortions. Why? ” moderator Chris Wallace asked Clinton.

“I do not think the United States government should be stepping in,” Clinton said in defense of the partial-birth abortion procedure. [i/]

So when Trump replied 9 month abortion, you can clearly see the question surrounded "late term partial birth" abortions.

A woman speaking on abortion will always have more importance than any man. It's their body, and men have been imposing their draconian measures on them for far too long.

In this case, all she said was that she would support late term abortion if there was a health risk to the mother or foetus, or in cases of rape and incest. She does not ask for a blanket change in the law.

I know facts are something you and Trump struggle with, so I am sure you will both just ignore this inconvenience.

Even so, we have to realise life is not that important. We are not that important. A foetus is not that important. It's time to stop thinking we're special.

Talk for yourself Heathfield. I'm always being told I'm special. Not sure why but they also use the word needs in the sentence.

The Fear - 20/10/2016 17:39

Talk for yourself Heathfield. I'm always being told I'm special. Not sure why but they also use the word needs in the sentence.

Now there J, calm down and take your medication, like a good boy!! We don't want you getting all worked up. :135:

Green Tea - 20/10/2016 16:28

I think he was referring more to, where do you draw the line on the abortion talk?

Complete "free choice", even to the extent of termination last minute, Which is what HC wants - in that the choice (no matter how far gone in pregnancy) should always be of that the Mother.

From what I gather he is pro life and he believes the fetus has rights.

It is a popular choice amongst many Americans, especially in the religious areas/circles.

Vile man for pro life stance and highlighting what HC wants to allow? Not so sure!

Like any doctor is going to rip into a womb and kill a baby at full term. It's just hysteria for the ignorant and blimey plenty of the ignorant over there have bought it.

I am actually pro life, however I do believe it is the woman's right to choose, without judgement. In certain cases I would agree that abortion would be right such as rape, or/and when the woman or baby are unlikely to survive or/and a quality of life.

I think it is a question of balance. I trained with REFLECT which is part of the Christian faith BTW on crisis pregnancy where we give women the freedom to explore there options without judgement on our part, allowing them to come to there own decision.

I decided not to go on and become an adviser for family reasons at the time, as Mom was very ill, however it taught me alot.

I was always pro life even before becoming a Christian. For me now I am less judgemental of women who choose to abort than before I was a Christian.

It' the person choice to live with. Not anyone elses

Well, whilst I'd be on the pro-life side of the discussion, I think there may be those hard cases (serious danger to the health of the mother, rape) where it may be justified.
However, I disagree fundamentally with HR on the notion that life is unimportant.
As for Trump, it's a bit scary that he has so much support.
But then, 52% of those who voted, plumped for Brexit.
And both the DUP and Sinn Fein are in "government" in Northern Ireland.
Yes, we may not be unimportant but more than a few of us follow strange causes.
Why, I hear that Aston Villa (Aston Villa!!) has some of the best supporters in English football.

I don't think in this incidence that it is about "the man" imposing "draconian" measures.

Reasons being, There are Women whom have the same pro life, anti abortion views as Trump & they can be found in many anti abortion rallies/protests(more so than men). Also, It cannot be classed as draconian when the view is shared by many circles that exist "here and now", plus all over the planet & not just in USA.

I don't care if they are male or female frankly, the way he talked about it last night was total ignorance and hysteria.

Green Tea - 20/10/2016 18:17

I don't think in this incidence that it is about "the man" imposing "draconian" measures.

Reasons being, There are Women whom have the same pro life, anti abortion views as Trump & they can be found in many anti abortion rallies/protests(more so than men). Also, It cannot be classed as draconian when the view is shared by many circles that exist "here and now", plus all over the planet & not just in USA.

What warped logic. So some Women are pro-abortion, but go on anti-abortion rallies, so that's it? I would say they are a bit confused!!

The subject is pro choice. Every woman should be allowed to decide for themselves.

And wow. Many men are anti abortion over the planet. Let them force a rape victim to keep a child. That's just swell.

BBJ - 20/10/2016 18:02

However, I disagree fundamentally with HR on the notion that life is unimportant.

I knew we wouldn't agree on this, but that doesn't mean we don't respect each others view. :129:

I just think we are another animal. Millions die every day. In fact, with high rates of death we wouldn't have evolved at all. To say we are more important than a Wasp that people are happy to swat away is extremely conceited. (In my opinion) :91: :91: :91: :91: :91:

Well, whilst I'd be on the pro-life side of the discussion, I think there may be those hard cases (serious danger to the health of the mother, rape) where it may be justified.
As for Trump, it's a bit scary that he has so much support.
But then, 52% of those who voted, plumped for Brexit.
And both the DUP and Sinn Fein are in "government" in Northern Ireland.
Yes, we may not be unimportant but more than a few of us follow strange causes.
Why, I hear that Aston Villa (Aston Villa!!) has some of the best supporters in English football.

I agree with all this BBJ but I also believe you can "also" change the name Trump to Clinton and get away with that same line.

As for Heath's claim that life is not important, where would you even start to rip that apart?

If life wasn't important, then why doesn't it cease? Why does life even in it's simplest form still go through great lengths to survive? Life's very duty is to procreate, reproduce and yet we are going against the code by "killing" our young? Surely on this concept alone, a sensible debate on abortion and acting humane & sensitive should apply?

I think the point is Fear - how far do we take it? I know we would all like to think that there is no such human on the planet that would terminate a pregnancy in it's final days. But if it is up to the Mother & the Mother alone to make such decisions, then she cannot be prosecuted or stopped if deciding to terminate late on. Trump is just highlighting the fact that under Hilary a Mother would be in her full rights to make that decision.

Green Tea - 20/10/2016 18:36

I know we would all like to think that there is no such human on the planet that would terminate a pregnancy in it's final days. But if it is up to the Mother & the Mother alone to make such decisions, then she cannot be prosecuted or stopped if deciding to terminate late on. Trump is just highlighting the fact that under Hilary a Mother would be in her full rights to make that decision.

And it's a more humane way to look at this. It's a Mother's decision, not yours, or Trump's. Trump said that Hillary supported ALL abortion. He was wrong. She doesn't.

Life is an accident of nature. We are a miniscule part of a massive Universe, and putting this much value into it makes no sense.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 20/10/2016 18:27

Green Tea - 20/10/2016 18:17

What warped logic. So some Women are pro-abortion, but go on anti-abortion rallies, so that's it? I would say they are a bit confused!!

The subject is pro choice. Every woman should be allowed to decide for themselves.

And wow. Many men are anti abortion over the planet. Let them force a rape victim to keep a child. That's just swell.

I don't think you understood my post;

you implied that "man" is imposing "draconian" measures upon women;

I simply replied that it is not the case as;

1, "Women" also support anti abortion and pro life. = so its not "man" at all.
2, The pro life protests are happening in the "present" all over the World. = so its not draconian.

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 20/10/2016 18:30

I knew we wouldn't agree on this, but that doesn't mean we don't respect each others view. :129:

I just think we are another animal. Millions die every day. In fact, with high rates of death we wouldn't have evolved at all. To say we are more important than a Wasp that people are happy to swat away is extremely conceited. (In my opinion) :91: :91: :91: :91: :91:

Well, from where I stand, wasps are part of God's creation so I hope I'd be respectful towards them and the rest of the animal kingdom.
In our house, drama ensues when a spider is found. I have a policy (like many others) to remove the offending arachnid from the scene rather than execute it.

I was really drunk when I made my supportive trump post so please ignore. The bloke is a twat. Should've stood down months ago and let the solid Pence take over. Whatever happens I think Pence will be the man at the next election.

BBJ - 20/10/2016 21:34

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 20/10/2016 18:30

Well, from where I stand, wasps are part of God's creation so I hope I'd be respectful towards them and the rest of the animal kingdom.
In our house, drama ensues when a spider is found. I have a policy (like many others) to remove the offending arachnid from the scene rather than execute it.

Have you bought one of those special devices for catching them, or do you play the brave man of the house and just pick them up? :19: :19: :19: :19:

I wish there were more people like you on the Planet, BBJ. The World would indeed be a better place.