US Politics Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

I can't get my head around a system where many of the most powerful men in the world aren't elected. Is he really allowed to just put anyone in any position he wants? Many have no experience in the role they are now expected to do.

He's got three members of Goldman Sachs in his cabinet, after criticising Hillary for being too pally with the banks.

You really couldn't make this up.

US and Russia - two peas one pod - they're twins and do exactly the same thing but apparently one is good and one is bad. When will the world realise - both arseholes.

Glad Trump's post win behaviour has been raised though, what was it he said about crooked Hilary - oh yeah it played well - and his crowd having chanted crooked Hilary sill cheered him.

It's the fucker leading the nuggets and I feel sorry for the fucknuggets because they are being marginalised and have some sense!

JPA - US coverage I've seen lately they aren't playing it down, bits I've seen they remain in shock are truly fact checking him now and just boggled. Maybe they'll start crying when they realise their promotion of him helped.

sirdennis - 4/12/2016 12:59

What really winds me up about Trump is that circle he makes with his thumb and forefinger when he is speaking.

What really winds me up is the fact that no one has put a bullet through his brain yet, it would take a highly skilled marksman to hit such a small target though :81:

Was just thinking we don't have enough nuclear bombs in the world then I read Putin and Trump both want more.

What a relief.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38410027

Surely the last thing two very wealthy men (Trump & Putin) want is nuclear bombs to actually drop anywhere on earth?

For all of what Trump is, Hilary would've started a war with someone in the Middle East at some point and provoked the Russians all the way to arming up to edge of the Baltics or Alaska.

We'll never know what a Hilary presidency would've looked like, but she was just as bad a candidate just in very different ways.

I read an article in the summer about how Trump will be quite insular in his views if that makes sense, building walls on he border and imposing high tariffs. Hilary would've spent four years playing chess in the Middle East against the Russians. For all what trump is, Hilary was not far off an equally shit candidate.

One thing that I am slightly surprised at, I had America down for race riots in the days after the vote. We had issues with the polish community here, I thought it would kick off there big time between Whites and pretty much everyone else (AA'a, Latinos, Indians) unless it just did and didn't make the news here

Still to come I think dan, we'll see how he settles in and if he starts to be a bit more diplomatic (diffciult for a fat racist big mouth sexist pig one would think)

The Fear - 1/1/2017 18:01

Still to come I think dan, we'll see how he settles in and if he starts to be a bit more diplomatic (diffciult for a fat racist big mouth sexist pig one would think)

It could work out a negotiation master stroke for the US, the last thing any country wants including China is for the US to close their borders to trade, every country is now expecting the worst though trump isn't that stupid, surely

Hopefully those around him aren't, I truly think he is. But then look at the hardliners he's brought into his cabinet.

Fascinating times. He's also, as I said earlier in the thread, made promises to the far right that I don't think he can/intended to keep. They'll not be happy if they aren't followed through on though.

That is sort of my point from an earlier post, for me, Trump could spend the first half of his term focussing on internal US issues - either promises he's made or through problems created from promises made.

Hilary would've been straight on the backs of the Ruskies & Assad if she got in, Trump may be a bit of timeout for the US -Russian relations.

Or he might want to continue with his Alpha male, I'm the boss, look at me stuff and want to show everyone.

Interesting times, truth is none of us know. As you know, there are a good few within his own party who seem to have disdain for him, I'm not sure there are many who will cross him though. Just a shame the Republicans control both houses, that might make Donald's life easier, whereas no matter how much they moan about Obama not being radical enough, they blocked half his policies or held up his attempted reforms.

Sure is an interesting time for politics isn't it!?

(Good to see you around mate, always miss you when not around, which is strange because when I've met you in the real world I've not liked you at all ... :17: )

You lot were distracting me too much from my international playboy lifestyle :3:

Is murph still alive, haven't seen him post for years on here?

danvilla2 - 1/1/2017 19:32

That is sort of my point from an earlier post, for me, Trump could spend the first half of his term focussing on internal US issues - either promises he's made or through problems created from promises made.

Hilary would've been straight on the backs of the Ruskies & Assad if she got in, Trump may be a bit of timeout for the US -Russian relations.

Trump can't keep his nose out of anything. He'll be on Twitter sometime soon, causing another International incident. He's to egotistical to stay quiet. At some point, Putin will wind him up, and he'll respond.

Hillary had relaxed her views on the Russians and Syria, on the back of her advisers input. We'll never know, but the intention was to carry on with the plans in place now.

Someone hide this fuckers phone, either that or shove it up his arsehole.

Trump you shit.