US Politics Thread | Page 353 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Now this: when you think the lunatics cant get anymore lunatic, watch and wait. I thought this story was in the newsthump and satirical. Then I read it was in The Independent. This is even more off the Richter scale

Trump ‘suggested firing nuclear weapons at hurricanes to stop them hitting US’, report claims

Donald Trump suggested firing nuclear weapons into hurricanes to prevent them hitting the US, reports in Washington claim.

The president is said to have raised the idea of bombing hurricanes with senior Homeland Security and national security officials on numerous occasions, dating back as far as 2017.

I got it. I got it. Why don’t we nuke them?” one source told US news website Axios the president had asked during a hurricane briefing at the White House

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...hurricanes-nuclear-weapons-disrupt-storm-bomb

Now this: when you think the lunatics cant get anymore lunatic, watch and wait. I thought this story was in the newsthump and satirical. Then I read it was in The Independent. This is even more off the Richter scale

Trump ‘suggested firing nuclear weapons at hurricanes to stop them hitting US’, report claims

Donald Trump suggested firing nuclear weapons into hurricanes to prevent them hitting the US, reports in Washington claim.

The president is said to have raised the idea of bombing hurricanes with senior Homeland Security and national security officials on numerous occasions, dating back as far as 2017.

I got it. I got it. Why don’t we nuke them?” one source told US news website Axios the president had asked during a hurricane briefing at the White House
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...hurricanes-nuclear-weapons-disrupt-storm-bomb

That has to be fake news surely? The link doesn’t work, have the independent been duped? Surely no one is that stupid, even Trump?

As someone who lives on the southeast coast of the US I hate hurricane season, it is a time filled with anxiety and stalking the weather reports. The last two years we have evacuated and gone up to Ohio due to storms heading right for Charleston and mandatory evacuations. Thankfully we had no damage and Charleston missed the storms. I wish there was something that could be done to stop these hurricanes but for fecks sake dropping a nuke on them would be a disaster.

He's not the first, unfortunately.

"the idea keeps resurfacing in the public even though scientists agree it won't work. The myth has been so persistent that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the U.S. government agency that predicts changes in weather and the oceans, published an online fact sheet for the public under the heading Tropical Cyclone Myths Page, titled "Why don't we try to destroy tropical cyclones by nuking them?"

He's not the first, unfortunately.

"the idea keeps resurfacing in the public even though scientists agree it won't work. The myth has been so persistent that the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, the U.S. government agency that predicts changes in weather and the oceans, published an online fact sheet for the public under the heading Tropical Cyclone Myths Page, titled "Why don't we try to destroy tropical cyclones by nuking them?"

I can only think that there is often a trade opportunity in a roundabout way, no doubt these politicians have their fingers in the pies of the defence companies and an opportunity to drop some nukes means government money gets sent to a private business to then pay a certain shareholder, who happens to be a mate of the president.

Two new stories that I am sure will shock you all.

Deutsche Bank say that many of Trump's loans were co-signed by Russians close to Putin.

He's also told Aides that they can break the law in trying to get the Wall built, and he'll pardon them.

Drain that swamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!