US Politics Thread | Page 335 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Yep, don’t get me wrong I can’t stand the bloke nor the fact that he will be afforded such an honour.

But it just makes me smile that the general outrage is not reported or shown in respect of other equally if not more despicable people given state visits. I know there were protests in respect of others previous but they will not be the same scale as this .

No one should have a state visit. If they come on official business, great come over, get on with it and fuck off again.

If they want to come as a tourist or whatever and go to see Buck House or Windsor Castle, fine, but do it at their own expense and with their own security.

US President Donald Trump has sued two banks in a bid to stop them handing over his financial records to Congress. The lawsuit against Deutsche Bank and Capital One was filed after Democrat-led committees issued subpoenas for information on his finances.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-48102647

Why the panic Donny?

Yes, if he has nothing to hide, he should have nothing to worry about :lol:

Mueller says Barr was a bit misleading in his letter about the report.

“The summary letter the Justice Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this office’s work and conclusions,”

Kamala Harris asked Barr if he or Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein had reviewed any of the underlying evidence of the Mueller report before reaching their conclusion that the president had not obstructed justice. "No," admitted Barr, before adding that he "accepted the statements in the report as the factual record."

In short, he didn't look at the evidence before he cleared Trump.

I love this argument that the President can effectively stop an investigation into himself.

I wonder if this is what the Founding Fathers had in mind?

Is there a stronger example of obstruction?

Still all lends itself nicely to 'what don't you want us to see you orange blob.'

Both sides of the aisle represented here. The names are at the bottom, and the list keeps growing.

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/statement-by-former-federal-prosecutors-8ab7691c2aa1

We are former federal prosecutors. We served under both Republican and Democratic administrations at different levels of the federal system: as line attorneys, supervisors, special prosecutors, United States Attorneys, and senior officials at the Department of Justice. The offices in which we served were small, medium, and large; urban, suburban, and rural; and located in all parts of our country.

Each of us believes that the conduct of President Trump described in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s report would, in the case of any other person not covered by the Office of Legal Counsel policy against indicting a sitting President, result in multiple felony charges for obstruction of justice.