US Politics Thread | Page 310 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Illegal voters, after having already cast their ballots, head to their cars and change outfits in order to vote again, according to President Donald Trump in an interview released Wednesday. The president also stressed what he believed to be the necessity for voter IDs in elections.

“The Republicans don’t win and that’s because of potentially illegal votes,” Trump said in an interview with The Daily Caller, a conservative news and opinion site. “When people get in line that have absolutely no right to vote and they go around in circles. Sometimes they go to their car, put on a different hat, put on a different shirt, come in and vote again. Nobody takes anything. It’s really a disgrace what’s going on.”

:lol:

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-illegal-voters-republican-disguise-1215632

I read that interview in The Daily Caller, which is a rightwing sheet, that never asks Trump, or any Republican, difficult questions.
That bit about illegal voters was aimed specifically at California, to start with. Later on he expanded it to include people voting in Chicago then driving down to Miami to vote again, then again he claimed that people were being bused into Maryland to vote and not going back to whichever state they were from originally. His diatribes on voting fraud all came in response to questions about things that had nothing to do with voting. The man is clearly unable to concentrate on anything for more than 10 seconds and is most definitely paranoid.

I read that interview in The Daily Caller, which is a rightwing sheet, that never asks Trump, or any Republican, difficult questions.
That bit about illegal voters was aimed specifically at California, to start with. Later on he expanded it to include people voting in Chicago then driving down to Miami to vote again, then again he claimed that people were being bused into Maryland to vote and not going back to whichever state they were from originally. His diatribes on voting fraud all came in response to questions about things that had nothing to do with voting. The man is clearly unable to concentrate on anything for more than 10 seconds and is most definitely paranoid.

The good news is that he perjured himself in that interview. He admitted he appointed Whitaker to get rid of Mueller. The minute he does, that's Obstruction of Justice.

The good news is that he perjured himself in that interview. He admitted he appointed Whitaker to get rid of Mueller. The minute he does, that's Obstruction of Justice.

I think its Whitaker individual states are asking the Supreme Court to remove from office because he was appointed without the backing of the Senate, or the House, whichever one it is has the final say.
Trump obviously has absolutely no idea about how the office of the President works.

I love the way he goes on about 'fake news' being used against him, when he invented and still uses 'fake news'.
Like the stuff he comes out with about the wall he promised his supporters would be built between Mexico and the USA. According to Trump the wall is coming along well but, people on the ground report that nothing has been done.
He also, in that Caller interview, went on about the places he visited during the mid-terms, how they won, or did very well, or well in those places but, taking Arizona as an example, Republican jim Flake, (great name for a politician), was the incumbent but he got his arse handed to him by a female Democrat. Apparently the first female elected in Arizona and the first Democrat in 30 years.
If thats doing well I'd like to know what Trump feels is a bad result.

I think the majority of American voters have started to wake up and realise what they let happen in the last Presidential election.
Mind you I'm not sure Trump was elected because of his policies, or more because the alternative, (Hilary), was too scary.

I read an interesting article that says he had the same percentage as in the election. About 46%. They said that won't be enough, and if he loses some, as will probably happen as they realise how bad he is, then the Reps will be in big trouble.

The Senate is weird - seats come up every 6 years on a rolling schedule, so you only get a third being voted on each election. This time around they were mainly Dem regions, and that won't be the same in 2 years. There will be a lot of Rep ones up for re-election, and they could lose a few.

All the Dems need is a half decent candidate (not Hillary).

The American political system is set up to be run by the big corporates and special interest groups and always has been, just the way our political system is set up to be run by the powerful lobby's, in both cases if you want to know whose running things, follow the money.

The American political system is set up to be run by the big corporates and special interest groups and always has been, just the way our political system is set up to be run by the powerful lobby's, in both cases if you want to know whose running things, follow the money.

I would suggest to anyone interested that the West Wing is essential viewing in understanding US politics. There is obviously plenty of schmaltz and cheesey storylines, but it's fascinating to see the back scratching and palm greasing required to get anything done.

I read an interesting article that says he had the same percentage as in the election. About 46%. They said that won't be enough, and if he loses some, as will probably happen as they realise how bad he is, then the Reps will be in big trouble.

The Senate is weird - seats come up every 6 years on a rolling schedule, so you only get a third being voted on each election. This time around they were mainly Dem regions, and that won't be the same in 2 years. There will be a lot of Rep ones up for re-election, and they could lose a few.

All the Dems need is a half decent candidate (not Hillary).

I wonder what the percentages would have been if Trump hadn't of illegally given the go ahead to purge the voting lists in certain states. Not only refusing people their right to vote but, also not allowing them to vote by putting vote machines in without cables to run them and in certain places not putting the machines in at all but, keeping them locked away in government warehouses.

With all of the unconstitutional things Trump has done, I wonder why he is still not in gaol, let alone President.
Mind you, the Americans didn't arrest Nixon over Watergate, just goes to show what weak-knee'd pussy's they are.

Trump today denies that the White House have been briefed on the CIA's findings on a Saudi Arabian Prince's involvement in the murder of a Washington Post journalist.
The question many in the USA are asking is, 'What will the President do if the Prince was involved in the murder?'
I will answer that question for them, Trump will do exactly what President Johnson did in 1967, when told that the USS Liberty, an American listening vessal, in international waters, was being bombed by Israeli jets.