US Politics Thread | Page 298 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

This man makes me sick to the pit of my stomach. What a vile human being he really is.

I don't normally quote more than a paragraph, but this is unreal, echoing the time he mocked a disabled reporter in the election campaign.

The man is a complete and utter disgrace and not a day goes past when he doesn't further devalue the office of the president and the United States as a whole.

https://goo.gl/Fz3CmN

Yes I saw that on the news this morning. What was just as bad if not worse were all those redneck hillybillies , cheering and applauding his words.

Did you see the NYT expose on his father's tax affairs? He and his Dad look like they committed fraud for decades. It also shows that Trump has been lying since the 70's about how much he inherited from Daddy. He said he only got a loan of $1m, but now we know he got $413m. I'm shocked.

Yes saw that. Self-made my arse. He's a fraud and a fraudster, still conning people to this day. It's sickening and I feel so sorry for all the millions and millions of right-thinking Americans who have to suffer this idiot.

Anyone see him verbally abuse and insult two female journalists, in relation to being questioned about the allegations of sexual abuse by the potential judicial appointee?

It is quite astonishing and a damning indictment of modern society that such a man be allowed anywhere near representing a nation in Government.

Anyone see him verbally abuse and insult two female journalists, in relation to being questioned about the allegations of sexual abuse by the potential judicial appointee?

It is quite astonishing and a damning indictment of modern society that such a man be allowed anywhere near representing a nation in Government.

Originally, it was left out of the WH transcript of the press conference. Today, it has been put back in.

The fact that Christians justify his actions to themselves is what is most terrifying. I knew they were a gullible lot, but this is just another level.

Originally, it was left out of the WH transcript of the press conference. Today, it has been put back in.

The fact that Christians justify his actions to themselves is what is most terrifying. I knew they were a gullible lot, but this is just another level.

Without comparing Trump directly to Hitler, the American electorates response in accepting his extreme behaviour is similar to the Germans overlooking Hitler's insanity in the belief that overall, he would be good for the country.

Aren't we supposed to learn from history?

It's always a difficult one, isn't it. It's been used so many times it's almost lost its validity. Yet, here the similarities are astounding.

The mid-terms will show us if it can be reversed. if it isn't, then it's time to look elsewhere in the World for friends. We could all end up united against America.

Without comparing Trump directly to Hitler, the American electorates response in accepting his extreme behaviour is similar to the Germans overlooking Hitler's insanity in the belief that overall, he would be good for the country.

Aren't we supposed to learn from history?
Or as it's otherwise known - being a Republican.

I can't be arsed to fact check this, but I've seen a claim the worst ever deal in history 'NAFTA' has been replaced by USMCA, yet there's only the letters and about 5% of the overall deal that is now different?

In fairness I think 5% is too low, I'm assuming the comment is to emphasise the point but it's not been ripped up at all.

I can't be arsed to fact check this, but I've seen a claim the worst ever deal in history 'NAFTA' has been replaced by USMCA, yet there's only the letters and about 5% of the overall deal that is now different?

In fairness I think 5% is too low, I'm assuming the comment is to emphasise the point but it's not been ripped up at all.

It basically does what TPP did. Very small changes, many of which will have no effect. The only significant thing is that Cars will cost more in the US. Wages in Mexico have to rise by about 4 fold, and steel has to be US steel, which is more expensive.

Outside of this, there is bugger all difference. Funny how it was so easy to "fix".

Yeah, 5% as said seemed an emphasis point more than reality - 10%/15% given what I've read already seems a bit more plausible given the changes in the deal. But again, it's not been ripped up, it's not overly been reimagined....it's been given some subtle headline points.

But even at 15% (that's not 15% in the US's favour) there are benefits for Canada and Mexico that I can see compared to the original deal, but (brain fog as I type but dairy related) Canada could've gone harder on a specific point so I'm presuming they have negotiated that for a different benefit somewhere else down the line.

Total bluster in reality with minimal difference. IF 5% was meant to be the US gain, I can believe that!

I didn't read what he said re the scorn over the harassment case. The title was enough. He is a disgusting vile filthy dirty piece of rubbish

In fact no rubbish has a use! It can be recycled. Do NOT want this vile pathetic excuse of a thing near anything. How the flying fcuck is he President? Well we know how

This world has gone past hell in a hand basket with him as President

There are no words to sum up my revulsion for this person

Yeah, 5% as said seemed an emphasis point more than reality - 10%/15% given what I've read already seems a bit more plausible given the changes in the deal. But again, it's not been ripped up, it's not overly been reimagined....it's been given some subtle headline points.

But even at 15% (that's not 15% in the US's favour) there are benefits for Canada and Mexico that I can see compared to the original deal, but (brain fog as I type but dairy related) Canada could've gone harder on a specific point so I'm presuming they have negotiated that for a different benefit somewhere else down the line.

Total bluster in reality with minimal difference. IF 5% was meant to be the US gain, I can believe that!

Canada got loads from it. They kept the resolution process, which has helped industries like lumber in the recent past. Without this they would have to rely on the US Courts. They didn't give up that much for it either. TPP would have allowed access to 3.25% of their dairy market, this 3.6%!! Hardly revolutionary.

There was a similar process with South Korea. Trump re imagining the deal by doubling the number of cars that could be exported to SK without tariffs, when they weren't anywhere near the limit under the old deal anyway.

His base lap it all up, without actually knowing what he's done. They've got to be the dumbest of the dumb to keep falling for it.

Canada got loads from it. They kept the resolution process, which has helped industries like lumber in the recent past. Without this they would have to rely on the US Courts. They didn't give up that much for it either. TPP would have allowed access to 3.25% of their dairy market, this 3.6%!! Hardly revolutionary.

There was a similar process with South Korea. Trump re imagining the deal by doubling the number of cars that could be exported to SK without tariffs, when they weren't anywhere near the limit under the old deal anyway.

His base lap it all up, without actually knowing what he's done. They've got to be the dumbest of the dumb to keep falling for it.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/trumps-rebrand-of-nafta?mbid=social_twitter

In other news...

When testifying before the Senate Judiciary Committee on September 5, Kavanaugh listed several cases in which he upheld environmental regulations, including “the Natural Resources Defense Council case versus EPA, a ruling for environmentalist groups,” as he put it.

Yet, in that case, which was decided by the D.C. Court of Appeals in 2014, Kavanaugh ruled against three of four challenges brought by the Natural Resources Defense Council and the Sierra Club. The judge rejected the environmental groups’ primary argument that the Environmental Protection Agency’s limits on lead, arsenic, chromium, and soot pollution from cement plants were too weak. He also rejected another legal challenge the groups posed to the EPA’s pollution limits.

There doesn't seem to be anything off limits for this man to distort.

https://theintercept.com/2018/10/04/brett-kavanaugh-environmental-rulings/