Under 23s | Page 8 | Vital Football

Under 23s

DW is only interested if he is over 30.

Need to keep these players as they are the ones we need to play and then sell....great way to run a club.

It's funny that youngsters now worried about the pathway into the first team because a few seasons ago youngsters signed deals, signed for the club because of the obvious pathways into the first team...how it has changed so quickly is a worry.

You say to him....next season we are lowering the age of the first team and including top youth players too.
Need to lower age of owners, manager and players.

From Pink-Un

Ken Aboh netted an impressive double for Norwich City's U21s as they mounted an impressive second-half comeback to beat Charlton 4-2 in the Premier League Cup.

The striker scored twice in eight minutes to grab his 12th and 13th goals of the campaign

Thats 11 in 12!!!

BUT

Aboh is the under-21s top scorer this term and has entered the final six months of his contract. Norwich are believed to be keen to extend his stay at Carrow Road, but there are reservations about his pathway at the club.

Simple - Tell him he'll train with the first team, pay him well sign him up for a long period AND play him - wont be any worse that what we've had in the first half of the season
I see Rowe has posted about aboh too. Saying only a matter of time until he gets in the first team and then a telephone image and a person waiting basically....come on Norwich give him a go. Maybe club have asked Rowe to convince him to sign his new deal.

How good is Ken Abou?

Another Ashley Seal, the lad who went to Aston Villa (and not done much so far) or a talent?

Last edited:
How good is Ken Abou?

Another Ashley Seal or a talent?
Tough as I've only seen him in videos and read what people have seen when watching live. Sounds a really good talent...scoring goals and other media who follow our youngsters say arsenal scouted him this season. Best mates with Matos and share the same agent.

Seal I wonder if he'd have had a season or two in championship with us I'd he'd have become a better player I stead of chasing the big lights. Was it wolves he went to? I remember thinking at the time you're moving to go play more u21 football and hamper your chances.

Tough as I've only seen him in videos and read what people have seen when watching live. Sounds a really good talent...scoring goals and other media who follow our youngsters say arsenal scouted him this season. Best mates with Matos and share the same agent.

I saw a live stream of a youth game and thought he (Abou) had a number of chances and did score towards the end of the game.

Dickson Peters was scoring goals at youth level but its a leap to league football and I dont think he has made it.

It makes me smile these lads who say there is not a path to first team football. Norwich has a track record of bringing players through. If they are good enough they will make the first team directly or indirectly via a loan (to help build up strength and or experience).

I saw a live stream of a youth game and thought he (Abou) had a number of chances and did score towards the end of the game.

Dickson Peters was scoring goals at youth level but its a leap to league football and I dont think he has made it.

It makes me smile these lads who say there is not a path to first team football. Norwich has a track record of bringing players through. If they are good enough they will make the first team directly or indirectly via a loan (to help build up strength and or experience).
D.peters had two awful loans setup by the club which didn't help him at all. He had some decent forwards ahead of him then we were in premiership and he'd not get a go then. A Shame as he did look good in youth games. His confidence went.

I see that brad hills is getting rave reviews saying he is one of the best defenders in league 2. Surely he'll be given a go next season

Aboh scored again for u21s.

DW needs to give this guy a go but he won't because he just doesn't understand youth players.

McCracken was on the bench for Dundee at the weekend

Loans:
Started
GK - Mair
GK - Reyes
FB - Shipley
LCB - Hills but got sent off!
RCB - Tomkinson
RCB - Warner
RAM - Kamara - three assists

Came on as sub
CB - Adeyboyega and scored the winner
W - Springett

Has been starting but not this weekend
LB - Stewart

Others in non League but I havent checked to see whether they played or not:
GK - Dylan Berry - Macclesfield - Northern Premier League
GK - Ellis Craven - Marske Utd - Northern Premier League (we got him from
Rochdale)
GK - Joe Rose - Cheshunt - Isthmian League - Premier Division
D/M - Ben Watt - Braintree - Vanarama National League South
M - Michael Reindorf - Kettering Town - Southern Football League
M - Flynn Clarke - Scunthorpe Utd - National League North (2nd in the table)
S - Kenny Coker - Chelmsford City - Vanarama National League South

Last edited:
McCracken was on the bench for Dundee at the weekend

Loans:
Started
GK - Mair
GK - Reyes
FB - Shipley
LCB - Hills but got sent off!
RCB - Tomkinson
RCB - Warner
RAM - Kamara - three assists

Came on as sub
CB - Adeyboyega and scored the winner
W - Springett

Has been starting but not this weekend
LB - Stewart
A lot of those can be involved in the first team next season (I hope) - well if we are in the premiership the probably not.