Under 23s | Page 6 | Vital Football

Under 23s

18 year old goalkeeper Caleb Ansen has signed a contract extension at the club until 2026, with an option of a further year.

This guy has been promoted to u21 and has been playing for them. He is the u18 number 1 and has also trained with first team and traveled with them for a couple of games so the club obviously likes what they have seen.

Another new contract for one of our youngsters.

18 year old central defender Charlie Wilson has signed a new deal three year deal. we signed him from Everton in April, but apparently he has been very good for the u21s and the club wanted to tie him down long term.

u21 midfielder Michael Reindorf is currently on trial at QPR with the hopes of a move - I am guessing we would get some compensation.

I am also guessing with his deal expiring in summer 2024 maybe the club have said they will not be extending it and he is looking for new options.

Fin Welch has signed a new pro deal.

Three year deal with club extension option.

This guy has been getting good reviews for a couple of seasons now. I'd like to see him given a go at some point

Fin Welch has signed a new pro deal.

Three year deal with club extension option.

This guy has been getting good reviews for a couple of seasons now. I'd like to see him given a go at some point

He's getting closer - he was on the bench v Bristol City in the League Cup match,

u21 midfielder Michael Reindorf is currently on trial at QPR with the hopes of a move - I am guessing we would get some compensation.

I am also guessing with his deal expiring in summer 2024 maybe the club have said they will not be extending it and he is looking for new options.

I doubt we will get anything - more like we are letting him go and he is trying to find a new club

Hanley returned to action for the u23s and they lost 4-3. He wasn't on the pitch for all the goals but when he was subbed Norwich were two down and as soon as he went off we scored and seemed to improve. He was booked after getting turned and beaten for pace....sounds like Duffy and Gibson

Some fans seem to think him coming back will strengthen the central defence and help stop the leaky goals but I would like to remind them Hanley has been here for awhile and been the cause of many a mistake....he is older, not as quick and more injury prone....I'm not convinced he will help stop the mistakes.

I see that losing feeling is filtering down from first team to the U23 and now the U18s who lost 0-7 today to Villa.

Is he no good , or do we not like our own young players ?
His record in the youth setup is very good:

23 goals in 42 games for Norwich’s U18s
24 goals in 52 games for Norwich U21.

But I think his three loans to lower leagues haven't helped his cause at Norwich. Something like 14 games for three clubs and 1 goal.

The thing is we are really trimming the u21 squad as Coker went out on loan and now Peters has gone - leaving them with two forwards - DW really likes haven't limited options in all squads it seems :-)

U18 defender Tyler Williams has signed his first professional contract with the club. He just turned 17. Congrats young man. Club must be hopeful on him as that is a young age to sign a first pro deal

Whats happened to Jonathan Tomkinson on loan at Bradford?
One league two sub appearance and one appearance in the EFL Trophy. Is he injured?