Under 23`s | Page 13 | Vital Football

Under 23`s

Timi Odusina has gone on loan to Hartlepool United. Odusina will be managed by the same manager who had him on loan last season at AFC Fylde.

We now need to find loans for:
left winger - Coley
left centre back - Jones
left back / left centre back - Richards (might need a break from his 36 match
loan in USA)

Then I think we may be down to the 19 year olds to loan out......

Last edited:
Interesting as I am sure Odusina's contract expires in the Summer so maybe this is a move that will turn permanent. Do we have an extension on his deal? A defender who can play on the left side of central defence - oh how we need one of those.

Interesting reading Swindon managers views on our loan forward Jaiyesimi. He said the lad has so much talent and is ready for the premiership now. He has been unplayable in League 1.

He said:

“I think he can play in the Premier League, 100 per cent. If you find yourself in a one against one with him, Diallang is your worst nightmare because he can go either way and he is so strong. If you try and get too close to him and fight him, he has a big backside and strong thighs and he’ll just roll you. He’s super-talented and improving too.'

That sounds like the tye of player we will need in the Championship next season. His contract is up in summer so he is free to negotiate a move to another club now. I hope we have an extension on the contract as I think this lad has the talent to step up. I am sure NA being the loans manager will be keeping an eye on him.

Sorry league 2. He has been played more as a right winger. So a player that DF likes as he can play Left and right wing and also upfront.

Interesting that we have released Josh Coley and Ciaren Jones as they were two of the talented lads. Jones had Liverpool after him in summer but decided to stay with us and coley had West ham and saints after him so this is interesting.

Interesting that we have released Josh Coley and Ciaren Jones as they were two of the talented lads. Jones had Liverpool after him in summer but decided to stay with us and coley had West ham and saints after him so this is interesting.

Were Liverpool really after Ciaren Jones or was that a journalist / agent saying that?

Maybe they are not progressing as fast as expected....theres competition from the younger lads eg Martin 18. Power and Coley are also left wingers.

Anyway good luck to both lads.

Interesting ad both had loans this season cut short. Coley was playing regularly bit had an injury and it seems had an issue with these. I saw a picture of him and he looks a little overweight but could be the angle. I think a few others might go if they can't get over injuries like mourgos

Another reason why Jones may have departed is that we may be signing 6' 4" tall Botman in the summer.

Interesting how Bushiri, Lomas, Odusinia and Famewo all got loans sorted out during the January 2020 window.

Not U23 related but still a youth matter. Our U18 manager/head coach Paul Williams has left the club after only a year in the post.

The club has said that he left due to personal reasons. He hadn't been in charge of the u18s since November with Academy director/manager Steve Weaver taking charge of those games.

At the time we were told Williams was unwell but would return. I hope all is okay with Paul but maybe he has found other work and decided to move on.

'I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at the club and working with the players at the academy, but due to personal reasons, it is the right time to move on. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all at the club, in particular, Stuart Webber and Steve Weaver, for their support during my time here. It has also been a pleasure working with all of the tremendously committed staff at the academy over this last year. I, of course, wish everyone at the club all the very best for the future.'

Interesting that Williams also mentions that he had a falling out with Steve Weaver when they worked together at Southampton but get on well now....wy mention it?

I wonder if there is more to it. Apparently we have a lot of talent in the u18s but yet we are 2nd bottom in the league and haven't been performing well.

The club will be looking for a new manager.