Under 23`s | Vital Football

Under 23`s

Lost to United u23 0-1 yesterday - Marshall played at right back and Oli played again but this time behind Idah.

Spyrou was sent off late on.

I suppose match fitness is more important than position but we’ve only seen Marshall in the first team as a winger once so far. He was great there for Millwall last season but think he’ll struggle to start ahead of Buendia and Hernandez. If he hadn’t got the illness bug, I imagine he would’ve been playing in the wing in the last 3 or 4 games...

I suppose match fitness is more important than position but we’ve only seen Marshall in the first team as a winger once so far. He was great there for Millwall last season but think he’ll struggle to start ahead of Buendia and Hernandez. If he hadn’t got the illness bug, I imagine he would’ve been playing in the wing in the last 3 or 4 games...
Agreed Tucks but his loss is Cantwell's gain.

Millwall mate says he can't believe that Marshall can't get in the side (when fit)

3rd choice GK Oxborough has just had hand surgery and he says it all went well. He had just got onto the bench for the Reading game and the picked up this injury.

Bad luck for Aston. With McGovern’s contract up at the season’s end, he’s looking like our future number two.

Lost 3-0 to Leicester tonight.

Marshall was at RB - he isn't a bloody right back and when you consider we have Pinto - Passlack - Aarons there we don't need him there but as a winger we would

I see our young midfielder Mourgos scored his 1st and then 2nd goals for his loan club this weekend. In fact, they were his first pro goals in football. I think he is the next player to hopefully make the step up. A really skilful player who already looks a decent player.

Poor old Todd Cabtwell gets forgotten by Klose when talking about the great team spirit and how well the youngsters are doing and how the youngsters like Aarons, Godfrey, Lewis are all doing.

I see Idah scored again for Ireland u19. I hope he'll be given a chance for the 1st team if not this then next season.

Playing Fulham tonight and there is no idah in the squad....maybe being saved for tomorrow's game.Phillips not involved either but he might have an injury (has talent but I think he'll be another player who'll leave in summer)

Ah idah is another to add to injury list.

No oli tonight. We are paying him money to do nothing. I think paddy d was saying oli is on around 9k a week

I can't remember where I made that injury list but add Thompson (3 months) and now Mourgos who will be out for the rest of the season and probably most of preseason after rupturing his anterior cruciate ligament.

Jaiyesimi also recently ruptured his anterior cruciate ligament.