Ukraine Situation | Page 8 | Vital Football

Ukraine Situation

So we’ve imposed sanctions on 3 minor individuals, and 5 fairly insignificant banks. Let’s hit them with all the force of the west…

(The bit about Roman Abramovich already being sanctioned was another Boris parliamentary lie by the way, hasn’t been and never has been).
Yes, what a pathetic response. He should double the charges for a game of tennis and a place in the Lords to show how "tough" he's being.

Of course we can be trusted, we don't have a PM that lies like Tony Blair did.... Oh!
Sorry to be a bit pedantic but I don't go along with the Tony Blair being a liar assumption. I think he went along with what the USA were saying and wanted to believe it. I don't think that makes him a liar. He was wrong, but not a liar, imo.

I say this as someone who left the Labour party a few years earlier (pre Iraq) because of Tony Blair, so I am no devotee of his.

He was not a blatant liar as I believe Johnson is. I hated Thatcher's politics but no way was she a blatant liar. I feel shame that we have Johnson as our PM.

Well done to my missus and daughter for going on the anti Iraq war march. My son and I chose a 3 0 win over Grimsby to attend.

Nothing like a good war to get you re elected when you're struggling in the pols. Not that I think Vlad needs it, but Boris might.

High drama as the UN Security Council debate was overtaken by events, and the Russian permanent representative frantically sought instructions while he tried to chair the meeting. Russia made all its friends, apologists, and neutrals urging pull back and diplomacy look stupid by acting in the midst of the meeting, not that Mr Putin cares.

I don’t know enough about politics etc to have an accurate opinion so I’m going to go with this:

I don’t like wars, all those people who will have to live in misery, those who get killed, the waste of resources.

Putin making up reasons to justify his activity. Fuck off you selfish old c***

Last edited:
Sorry to be a bit pedantic but I don't go along with the Tony Blair being a liar assumption. I think he went along with what the USA were saying and wanted to believe it. I don't think that makes him a liar. He was wrong, but not a liar, imo.

I say this as someone who left the Labour party a few years earlier (pre Iraq) because of Tony Blair, so I am no devotee of his.

He was not a blatant liar as I believe Johnson is. I hated Thatcher's politics but no way was she a blatant liar. I feel shame that we have Johnson as our PM.

Well done to my missus and daughter for going on the anti Iraq war march. My son and I chose a 3 0 win over Grimsby to attend.

The Chilcot enquiry said the Blair was "not straight" with what he said to the nation, or what he said at the enquiry...
Are you suggesting that the deaths of half a million people due to Iraq war is equivalent to some work parties?

A dark day for Europe today.
Sanctions should be ramped up to maximum from today.
Specifically target the Dumas, who generally enjoy a western lifestyle and love their visits abroad and holidays.
If anyone can put any pressure on Putin, it will be these.
Sequestration of any foreign assets immediately.
That will get attention.
Also sanction any country that breaks sanctions.

The parallels between Hitler in the late 30s and Putin are striking. All the evidence was there, but the allied response was so pathetically weak that the dictators felt empowered to do what they want - annexe neighbouring territory and justify it by saying people in those areas speak their language. What a pretext for invasion! If we don't fully stand up to Putin now, he won't stop with Ukraine. He's already made it clear he rues the loss of the USSR. The problem for the West is - what should standing up to Putin look like? No one's got the stomach for military conflict, and Putin knows it.

The parallels between Hitler in the late 30s and Putin are striking. All the evidence was there, but the allied response was so pathetically weak that the dictators felt empowered to do what they want - annexe neighbouring territory

That occured to me, as does the puppet government of Dubcek in Czechoslovakia in 1969 when Jan Palach burned himself to death in protest at the USSR puppet masters driving tanks through Prague.

That could be the situation in Ukraine very shortly if Mad Vlad is not stopped. There seems to be a feeling that ordinary russians do not back him but there also appears to be no visible opposition within that country which is not surprising when an ex KGB agent is in charge.

Vlad is 70 in October and I think he sees this as his last chance to reinstate at least part of the old USSR while the weakened west prevaricates.

There is no need for military conflict unless of course he pushed into a NATO member country.
Financial penalties are what is needed.
Cut them off at the knees.
Fully isolate them.
Buy nothing from them so they have no access to foreign currency.
Sell them nothing.
Seize the banks and bank accounts.
Choke them financially.
Total sanctions.

It does sound very much like what happened in Czechoslovakia at the start of WW2.China's actions could be vital if they support Russia economically then this could be the beginning of a much bigger conflict.

The Chilcot enquiry said the Blair was "not straight" with what he said to the nation, or what he said at the enquiry...
Are you suggesting that the deaths of half a million people due to Iraq war is equivalent to some work parties?
What a wierd thing to say. I was merely pointing out that I don't think Blair was a liar. I think he was wrong. They are two different things.

There is no need for military conflict unless of course he pushed into a NATO member country.
Fully isolate them.
Sell them nothing.
Choke them financially.
Total sanctions.
Agree

(and stop playing tennis with them as a fund raiser).

What a wierd thing to say. I was merely pointing out that I don't think Blair was a liar. I think he was wrong. They are two different things.

The enquiry pointed at Blair lying, both to the nation and to the enquiry. You don't have to agree with the enquiry, but you can't disagree at its findings...

Fully isolate them.
Sell them nothing.
Choke them financially.
Total sanctions.
He'll just start throwing around nukes as he will have nothing to lose.