U21s | Page 20 | Vital Football

U21s

by all accounts our youngster Max Aarons is being lined up as one of our Right Backs next season. same situation as Lewis. DF has watched him and liked what he has seen - had him train with 1st team and will get a go in pre season

That sounds promising. No point in having an Academy if the lads in it are never given a go. Despite last season’s tactical meh, I like Farke’s attitude towards young players. I think the fan base are more likely to give them a bit more time as they learn their trade too.

I see some of our u18 are going over to Spain to play some of their teams, learn the basic language, meet some of the La Liga club's players and coaches and have some training sessions. All good for their development.

Former u23 captain Owen Wallis has signed for Tamworth. Interesting that their manager says Matt Gill was surprised that Wallis didn't get a pro contract as he thought he was one of the best in the side.

I wonder why he didn't get a deal? Anyway all the best.

Decent day for our players out on loan.

Abrahams scored in exeter 3-1 win
Naismtih scored and ran the show for Hearts in their win at Hamilton
In the same game, Bloomfield came on late for Hamilton.
Wildschut scored the winner for Bolton against WBA.

U23 play a friendly tonight and apparently a couple of 1st teamers might be involved.

What is the injury that Lewis has? In Germany, we were told he was on the toilet with a bug and will be back in training and now he hasn't trained and is not close to match fitness?

Also, Stiepermann has jarred his knee.

The Celtic lad, Hendry, not in the lineup tonight? Anyway it is 1-1 and Idah scored our goal after being assisted by Spyrou - these two have a good relationship I'd like to see them in the future up top for our 1st team

I would have thought that too CK but got the typical Norwich reply from Freezer when asked if Aarons should start on Saturday he said 'He was good in preseason but is only 18 and is still young so might be loaned out instead of play 1st team football here'

A good player and better than others yet we will player crap Husband and midfielder Stiepermann there.

Lost to Villa u23s 2-0. We could only name three subs tonight? Idah played so did Spyrou so they will not appear tomorrow.

Abrahams got his 1st goal for Exeter but also picked up an injury but nothing serious.

The winger we loaned to Yeovil has also scored in the league for them and I think had one disallowed against the Vile in the League Cup. Having seen it on television, I cant understand why it was disallowed.

Last edited:
Our u23s came back from 2-0 to win 3-2 against Reading.

We had 19 year old West Ham winger Anthony Scully playing for us. He is apparently one of the most exciting prospects in their youth side and considered a 'wonderkid' so why he has been allowed to come here on trial is strange. He is very much like Middleton. He is a Republic of Ireland U17 international too. He signed a two year deal (with one year option) in 2016 so maybe his contract is up? We also have a Thomas Scully but no relation.

Martin played a whole 90 minutes ---- getting him ready for the 1st team when Klose leaves!!!

Anyhow Power, Idah and Spyrou scored (Power, Spyrou, Payne with assists).