U21s | Page 19 | Vital Football

U21s

Cantwell scored again for Fortuna Sittard tonight in their 1-3 win.

He has had 3 motm awards in a row too. The not is doing well and it seems Fortuna Sittard want to keep him (loan or transfer). He has really settled in the central midfield role and would be a good idea to maybe have him play with a defensive midfielder next season.

What is it with some of our youngster and not getting into the first team when there are gaps that can be filled and the 1st team players aren't doing it?

Cantwell loaned out and I think could have done a job with us now but I understand the loan.

United wanting Idah

Fleming on trial at Brighton

Crowe Linfield

Middleton to Rangers

Seal left to go to chelsea then Wolves.

and now rui costa is on trial at QPR.

I trust that our scouts or coaches know what they are doing. I also trust that these guys were all let go becasue theynot good enough but why are other clubs thinking so?

Good snow job sales pitch, or

offloading becuase they have others lined up who are considered better, or

the continuation of our policy of not playing youngsters till later, a la Maddison,, and then finally we have unearthed a prospect for us and now those that dont need him want him, so we lose out again and the Prem majors park yet another on the bench and the lower teams dreamsget shattered and shafted once again.

Can someone please open their eyes earlier for once.

I see the club has closed the bond scheme as they have received £5 million (only a forecast of what they expect to get). They got 700 applicants.

I am not great with maths but I think that might mean we have had a few people offer a large amount.

I put in my interest on Monday and it was closed today.

I was told by a friend to never invest in a football club as you'll never get money back but if I had money I won't put it in to get money back.

I don't even know if I would go to Norwich with money I might go to a Kings Lynn or Norwich United :posh:

Thought Madders was sheer class last night
Commanding midfield display
He would have got my MOM
Though one chance he should have put away

Was I supposed to be getting an email from the club as to when the Bond Scheme window opened for me to pay in? I haven't heard a thing from them and it now seems they have got all the money they wanted.

I am sure some wealthy people have put their money in over us normal fans!

I signed up so what happened?

I went on in the morning and it said closed?

great that was worth me signing up for early on.

I didn't know that Jarvis was on the radio giving commentary for the Millwall v Ipswich game. I thought he would support his teammates but I guess maybe he wants to do the radio stuff and it looks like his career is coming to an end....still are we paying him to commentate on other championship sides?

Surely Adam Idah has to be considered for a call up next season or even given a few minutes before the end of this season. 14 goals for u18 in 22 games. Wuth the u18 at the bottom of the league (I think) it's time to move him up or lose him.

Ugh - cant get used to having to pick the last page - was reading the ones that popped and thought - I've read this before - yep sure did - back in 2015!!!!

Alex Oxborough has signed a new 2 year deal with additional extra club option. He looks like a beast and very much in the Angus Guss build. Club have high hopes. I'm guessing a loan next season to a league 1 club. Well done alex

U23s beat wolves u23s 2-1

Abrahams and Stiepermann scored. Webber was there. How many more goals does Abrahams need to score to show he should be given a go.

Jarvis wasn't fit enough to play....any surprise?

We had two young trialists play and both do well. Saul Milovanovic from Huddersfield and Adam Lund from Barnsley.

Can I just ask...has Jarvis left the club?

He was said to be playing for the u23s last week and isn't in the side tonight and DF didn't mention him in his last press conference but had done in his last few?

Team vs Villa u23:

Oxborough

Aarons
Odusina
Wallis
Aransibia

Power
Payne
Phillips

Mourgos
Fonkeu
Abrahams

Subs:

Hallett (GK), Idah, Milovanovic, Scully, Thomas

I see Idah took home both the Norwich City U18 Player Of The Year Award, and the Academy Player Of The Year award. He was congratulated by Wes.

This lad needs to be getting involved in the 1st team. Young, Quick and strong. All he has in front of him is Non scoring Oli and unsure Srbeny.

DF will need to change his attitude greatly next season.
About 2 / 3 of his current first choice team will be gone and he will need to use more younger players.
' Too soon ' say some fans. ' You do not win anything with kids ' says Hansen but he must trust his loans or wish he had given the youth more first team experience this season as they will need to be playing as the alternative is cheap signings !

So a couple of academy players being let go:

Efete (21) - Right/Left/Central Defender
Ramsey (20) - Right back
Adams (22) - Central Midfielder
Hale-Brown (18) - Goalkeeper
Hallett (20) - Goalkeeper
Wallis (19) - Central defender
Sambu (19) - Central Midfielder
Da Costa (19) - Attacking Midfielder
Fleming (18) - Forward

That is a lot of Academy players to go - I am guessing this is because DF wants to bring more U23 players in and not promote these guys who he obviously doesn't think are good enough. We will soon be down to 3 gks at the whole club. We currently have three trialists at the club so I am guessing one/two or maybe all three will get a contract. Also a couple of the under 17s have been moved up. Anyway all the best to these guys. Shame for Hale-Brown who looked a decent prospect