U21s | Page 18 | Vital Football

U21s

Well done to young lads ! Fabulous effort . I wonder if we will ever see Spyrou play up front in the first team ? I doubt it

Spyrou and Idah both decent young forward but whether they will ever get a chance is the question. We still have Abrahams and Fonkeu who aren't trusted even when we had one out of form forward.

I see Matthews had another good game for Plymouth. Got to be given the number 1 next season.

Good to see Cantwell get his first 90 minutes for Fortuna Sittard tonight and helped them whether poor run of losses.

Interesting that they played him on the left wing and then moved him back to central midfield.

Well done to Cantwell on scoring his first goal for Fortuna Sittard and first ever pro goal.

Our u23s beat Bury u23s 1-0 in a game that was full of snow and cold wind.

Raggett played but got sent off and there was no place for Jarvis even though DF said he would play but I guess they decided against it as he probably couldn't play in the snow.

Raggett looks terrible when I saw him play for Lincoln he looked fit and strong but he looks underweight and lacking in strength.

Our Right back problems seem to go into the U23 side too as we have our left winger Power at Right Back.

Phillips is back at the club as he isn't getting game time at Cambridge a bit like Abrahams did. We had a trialist playing and also Spencer Keller played a u16 local norwich lad.

I am surprised that young McIntosh hasn't been pushed as he always seems to play well for the u23s and I think he will be one who gets released in the summer.

U23 0-3 Fulham u23.

Apparently, our players were arguing with each other and they were torn apart by Ryan Sessegnon's twin brother Ryan.... like the Murphy boys but a would say they sound a bit more talented.

They also had USA U20 international De La Torre playing and he had a great game.

Our best player was Mourgos again and I would like to see him given ago in a few of the last games of the season.

Oxborough

Aarons (C)
Odusina
Wallis
Thomas

Mourgos
Phillips
Aransibia
Jarvis (Payne 20, McIntosh 65)

Abrahams
Idah

So that big announcement on the academy.....nothing. I asked what the situation was and it seems they have no news?

The news we have waited a week for is.....tbe club are asking fans to invest in the academy in the form of bonds and plan to raise 3.5 million.

Mixed reviews from fans who say 'if you can't afford it Delia maybe look to sell instead of getting fans to pay'.....'we have one of the highest season ticket prices and that money should go towards the academy'....'stop fleecing the fans' and lastly 'great more of money we don't have to go to an academy who hardly play youngsters who then go to other clubs and help them'.

Some fans see it as a good thing saying 'it's a great deal for fans and the returns are better the most savings accounts'......'it gets us more invoked on the club's.

I'm not sure minimum investment they asking for is £500 which to some is still a lot of money and to think that some on here some thousand on tickets and travel already. Is looks like a good bond on paper but for me if we had a rich owner we wouldn't have to be doing this next it will be 'please raise a bond to go towards our summer signings and the players plan tickets for their friendly matches abroad'

They sell it as the club are the fans but I'm sure they know how loyal and willing we are as a fan base and thought let's offer them this great looking bond and say it's for the academy and they will pay up.

www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/march/canaries-bond-launch/?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

FCBEARS - 8/3/2018 23:47

The news we have waited a week for is.....tbe club are asking fans to invest in the academy in the form of bonds and plan to raise 3.5 million.

Mixed reviews from fans who say 'if you can't afford it Delia maybe look to sell instead of getting fans to pay'.....'we have one of the highest season ticket prices and that money should go towards the academy'....'stop fleecing the fans' and lastly 'great more of money we don't have to go to an academy who hardly play youngsters who then go to other clubs and help them'.

Some fans see it as a good thing saying 'it's a great deal for fans and the returns are better the most savings accounts'......'it gets us more invoked on the club's.

I'm not sure minimum investment they asking for is £500 which to some is still a lot of money and to think that some on here some thousand on tickets and travel already. Is looks like a good bond on paper but for me if we had a rich owner we wouldn't have to be doing this next it will be 'please raise a bond to go towards our summer signings and the players plan tickets for their friendly matches abroad'

They sell it as the club are the fans but I'm sure they know how loyal and willing we are as a fan base and thought let's offer them this great looking bond and say it's for the academy and they will pay up.

I think it's a good idea - if you're Webber/Stone they could just sit and wallow moaning we don't have outside investment, or they could try and do something in the meantime to raise funds. Although the minimum investment is high, if you have that sort of money to invest it's quite a sound idea I think. They're not forcing anybody to invest, and actually their probably looking more towards businesses and businessmen to invest realistically - so I do not understand this theory that they are "fleecing" the fans on this one!

Obviously it'd be great if we had wealthy owners who could find this money down the back of the sofa, but we're not in that situation - and having been up Colney myself, it's desperately in need of redevelopment (and we've missed out on many a good player over the years because they turn up and see a portacabin changing room, conservatory gym and are like - no!)

May look into investing myself - once more info is available...(rather than have some savings sit doing nothing, might as well try make some money off it...)