US Politics Thread | Page 352 | Vital Football

US Politics Thread

Not strictly a Trump point, but just caught up with the latest John Oliver after seeing the headlines about the complaints about his Melania crack. Funny how the rest of the show was focused on medical bias against Black's (even when allowing for insurance/money being equal with White's) but inherent racism within medical training and texts was to blame, that a 10 sec crack was what took the headlines for Trump supporters?

Funny that. Maybe it's just me?

The sheer number of meltdowns each week is astounding.

A Psychologist that said he would devolve in early 2017 now says this.

“Donald Trump goes way beyond that,” he explained. “There is a fundamental way in which he’s empty. There’s something fundamentally different about him from normal people. It’s a psychotic-like state. The more you press him, the more you see how disorganized and empty he is. The more he flies into a disorganized rage. So yeah, and by the way, in terms of being God, he also made several what you might call Freudian slips during the interview today. He kept mixing up who he was and who the country was. He said, ‘I have the best economy.’ I, not the country. ‘I defeated the caliphate.’ It’s not just a slip of the tongue; he really doesn’t get it. He thinks of himself as a dictator, and it’s all him and no one else really matters.”

So fucking obvious that he's never even read a word of the Bible yet still he will be backed by smirking ultra religious nobs because he's their puppet. I just don't understand how someone as transparently stupid, crass, ignorant and selfish as him could be seen by everyone yet somehow persuade enough people to vote for him.

How could anyone listen or even look at that man and think "yeah he's who I want in charge" Not that we're any better with that Etonian twat in charge of course.

So fucking obvious that he's never even read a word of the Bible yet still he will be backed by smirking ultra religious nobs because he's their puppet. I just don't understand how someone as transparently stupid, crass, ignorant and selfish as him could be seen by everyone yet somehow persuade enough people to vote for him.

How could anyone listen or even look at that man and think "yeah he's who I want in charge" Not that we're any better with that Etonian twat in charge of course.

Superbly put.

I'm beginning to think that there are saner people in asylums.
Add the reality of Alexander being in Downing Street, and we are living in pretty unstable times.

Do you think that things are less stable now than at other times in the past? Genuine question, you have a lot more experience of life than I do.

Do you think that things are less stable now than at other times in the past? Genuine question, you have a lot more experience of life than I do.

Good question.
I lived through the Cuban missile crisis and really thought that World War 3 was about to kick off. Indeed, one morning at school we were told by a grim-faced priest to be in the Study Hall in a half hour. I thought - "this is it - we're going to be given the news that an atomic bomb will be landing in Belfast later today". It turned out to be a pitch from an old priest, an alumnus of the College, recently returned home from half a life time in Africa. He was trying to encourage us to become priests. (I was so relieved that I almost volunteered - that's a joke, by the way.)
I wonder though what might have happened if someone like Trump had been the US President then instead of JFK? I think he is probably certifiable.
And then of course there were the "troubles" in Northern Ireland which only just stayed on the sane side of all-out civil war. So, on a more local basis, that was sometimes pretty scary. The possibility exists that those times might return because of the buffoon on Downing Street (and his assorted cronies) letting the UK exit the EU without a deal. Johnson is not mad but he seems to me to be quite incompetent.