Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 19 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

MG-W has the advantage of being home grown though.

It's being claimed that Newcastle might have to consider selling Guimaraes in the summer to meet PSR.
100% TQ.

I meant MGW being a backup to Paqueta for City.

I’d take the younger homegrown MGW over Paqueta all day long.

Paqueta is a class player (no question) and would fill the void Gundogan left at City for sure but (like you) I think MGW would fit like a glove in our new set up.

100% TQ.

Paqueta is a class player (no question) and would fill the void Gundogan left at City for sure but (like you) I think MGW would fit like a glove in our new set up.

If we bought MGW, it would probably be one of only 2 major signings of the summer. He is contracted until 2027 so we'd be paying top dollar.

If we bought MGW, it would probably be one of only 2 major signings of the summer. He is contracted until 2027 so we'd be paying top dollar.
I’d very much welcome the signing but can’t see it this summer.

We definitely need another 6 type midfielder. I know Ange wants all his midfielders to be able to switch and be comfortable but that doesn’t detract from us needing someone capable of getting their foot in a breaking up play.

We also need a CF and LB.

Those will probably be the priority positions. Anything else will be a bonus.

I like the look of Calafiori. He would be good cover for both VdV and Udogie.

I’d very much welcome the signing but can’t see it this summer.

We definitely need another 6 type midfielder. I know Ange wants all his midfielders to be able to switch and be comfortable but that doesn’t detract from us needing someone capable of getting their foot in a breaking up play.

We also need a CF and LB.

Those will probably be the priority positions. Anything else will be a bonus.

I like the look of Calafiori. He would be good cover for both VdV and Udogie.
My choice for a number 6 from current PL players would be Amadou Onana, he is a real beast of a player, but I suspect there will be quite a bit of competition for his signature.

My choice for a number 6 from current PL players would be Amadou Onana, he is a real beast of a player, but I suspect there will be quite a bit of competition for his signature.
Very good player.

I watched the Ireland v Belgium game recently where he came on and played RCB.

He looked very comfortable there aswell which bodes well for Ange’s total football approach.

I see Dewsbury - Hall (spelling), is being linked to us, anybody know anything about him?
Is he another Clarke or Rodon, good in the Championship but may struggle in the Prem?
Answers on a post card, preferably from somewhere warm.

I see Dewsbury - Hall (spelling), is being linked to us, anybody know anything about him?
Is he another Clarke or Rodon, good in the Championship but may struggle in the Prem?
Hmmm, he basically replaced Maddison at Leicester so not really what we need although he is a decent player with good goal and assist stats in the championship.

Hi Niall. I don't do postcards but here's a post from somewhere warm. :wave:
I don't know anything about him either so that's all I've got!

100% TQ.

It's his work rate that convinces me. It's why i see such a bright future for Brennan as well.