Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 25 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

Santiago Jimenez was at the game with his agent according to his Instagram page. Apparently he was only adding our goals on his story. Don't do Instagram so cannot confirm if this is true.
Good stats in the Eredivisie but so did Janssen. Also would Slot go for him when as expected he joins Liverpool.

Santiago Jimenez was at the game with his agent according to his Instagram page. Apparently he was only adding our goals on his story. Don't do Instagram so cannot confirm if this is true.
Good stats in the Eredivisie but so did Janssen. Also would Slot go for him when as expected he joins Liverpool.
It's true, we've been tracking him for sometime now, and until recently (goals have dried up) he looked the real deal. He maybe distracted now about his potential move to us, so that could be the reason.

Whether he can step up from the Dutch league is of course the multi-zillion euro question! I can't say that I'm totally convinced.

It's true, we've been tracking him for sometime now, and until recently (goals have dried up) he looked the real deal. He maybe distracted now about his potential move to us, so that could be the reason.

Whether he can step up from the Dutch league is of course the multi-zillion euro question! I can't say that I'm totally convinced.

He looks a good all rounder if a little unpolished.

Id personally be looking at these PL strikers before Gimenez.

1. Isak
2. Cunha
3. Solanke

Id also be happy to go into next season with Richarlison as our 1st choice No 9 and sign a cheaper backup whilst promoting Lankshear as 3rd choice CF.

We could then use the funds saved to go after two top class attacking midfielders/wide players.

The likes of Eze, Gibbs-White, Olise and Nico Williams.

Any two of those, along with Son, Johnson, Kulusevski and Maddison would give us a pretty strong attack.

I just don’t think there are that many top class CF’s around at the minute. Right now I’d take someone who’s aggressive, can hold the ball up and link up with those around him.

If we had 4 or 5 players getting 10+ goals in the league we’d be better off in many ways.

I'm told we've been asked to be kept informed about any movement with Joao Neves = the problem is his agent is Jorge Mendes...he looks a terrific player, but he's small and may not travel well, so can't help but think he could be another Joao Felix...

I love the info, but can't believe we'd risk spending around $60-80 mill on such a player, assuming of course we don't have competition from the big boys in Europe, because if we do, he's $100 mill +

I'm told we've been asked to be kept informed about any movement with Joao Neves = the problem is his agent is Jorge Mendes...he looks a terrific player, but he's small and may not travel well, so can't help but think he could be another Joao Felix...

I love the info, but can't believe we'd risk spending around $60-80 mill on such a player, assuming of course we don't have competition from the big boys in Europe, because if we do, he's $100 mill +

What position would he play w us?

When was the last player from the Dutch league to make a good impression in the PL?

Should we be worried about players leaving. With no Champions League football, there could be bids coming in - Romero, Van de Ven, Sarr, Udogie. Surely they would be tempted to leave.
It's only a matter of time before they realise that they might actually win something if they leave.

Should we be worried about players leaving. With no Champions League football, there could be bids coming in - Romero, Van de Ven, Sarr, Udogie. Surely they would be tempted to leave.
It's only a matter of time before they realise that they might actually win something if they leave.
Udogie and Sarr are contracted until 2030.

VdV is contracted until 2029.

Romero is contracted until 2027. I’d expect we’d been looking to extend his contract next season.

None of the 4 are going anywhere, anytime soon imo. Romero is probably the most likely to leave IF a monster offer came if from Real or Barca but I just don’t see it.

When was the last player from the Dutch league to make a good impression in the PL?
Wijnaldum moved from PSV to Newcastle is 2015.

Id say he was probably the last player that you could really call a major success.

I personally can’t recall any since.

Of course before him, you had Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dembele and Suarez.

So they do exist, just not many. Especially in the last 10 years or so.

Udogie and Sarr are contracted until 2030.

VdV is contracted until 2029.

Romero is contracted until 2027. I’d expect we’d been looking to extend his contract next season.

None of the 4 are going anywhere, anytime soon imo. Romero is probably the most likely to leave IF a monster offer came if from Real or Barca but I just don’t see it.

I'm not sure what RM's plan is but they lined up with 2 thirty-somethings in the CL semi-final, Nacho and Rudiger. Alaba is another oldie, leaving Militao as the youngest senior centre half.

I'm thinking they'll be in the market this summer for a new centre half and my guess is Romero would be on their list.

Wijnaldum moved from PSV to Newcastle is 2015.

Id say he was probably the last player that you could really call a major success.

I personally can’t recall any since.

Of course before him, you had Vertonghen, Eriksen, Dembele and Suarez.

So they do exist, just not many. Especially in the last 10 years or so.

Toby came indirectly as well. He had a great period at Ajax.

I'm not sure what RM's plan is but they lined up with 2 thirty-somethings in the CL semi-final, Nacho and Rudiger. Alaba is another oldie, leaving Militao as the youngest senior centre half.

I'm thinking they'll be in the market this summer for a new centre half and my guess is Romero would be on their list.
With the signing on bonus and wages for Mbappe I can’t see them affording the £100+ Levy would demand for Romero this summer Mutts.