Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

One thing I don't understand is when things are just not looking good in the back while we try to pass it out...or when we are trying kill a game off...how about DON'T turning the ball over in a bad area and just clear the damn thing and reset with our entire 11 behind the ball.

I mean seriously sometimes you just need to say "Fuck it, not this time"...

I swear sometimes I am watching and yelling at the TV..."WTF, just clear the damn ball!!!"

One thing I don't understand is when things are just not looking good in the back while we try to pass it out...or when we are trying kill a game off...how about DON'T turning the ball over in a bad area and just clear the damn thing and reset with our entire 11 behind the ball.

I swear sometimes I am watching and yelling at the TV..."WTF, just clear the damn ball!!!"

Same here

If we had a genuine footballing intelligence leader on the pitch, or a more vocal pragmatic coach on the sidelines, that might happen.

But for now, I think it's an obvious solution that is as yet untried under Ange and likely to stay that way.

If we had a genuine footballing intelligence leader on the pitch, or a more vocal pragmatic coach on the sidelines, that might happen.

But for now, I think it's an obvious solution that is as yet untried under Ange and likely to stay that way.
I don't want Ange to be so called "pragmatic" I love it that he wants us to attack the oppopsition as much as we possibly can. If he changes he will no longer be the man he is and I love that man.

I don't want Ange to be so called "pragmatic" I love it that he wants us to attack the oppopsition as much as we possibly can. If he changes he will no longer be the man he is and I love that man.
Fair enough, I get it, he is a breath of fresh air after we've endured some horrible football for too long.

I just feel a slightly modified approach, more in game management and change of tactics could perhaps gain us more points.

But Ange ball rules lol!

Fair enough, I get it, he is a breath of fresh air after we've endured some horrible football for too long.

I just feel a slightly modified approach, more in game management and change of tactics could perhaps gain us more points.

But Ange ball rules lol!

Oh we have definitely left points on the board and that is a direct result of poor in game tactics and rigidity/inability to flex to a different style.

BUT!!!!! (before I get killed by some of you)

I LOVE what Big AP has brought to Spurs and LONG may it continue!!!

there have been times we've cleared the ball up the pitch when under pressure, but it often just comes straight back at us so doesn't achieve much. If we're under sustained pressure it means the team aren't clicking properly - I agree Bissouma's return is key to our play. Bentancur needs to regain proper match fitness to do it and Hojbjerg needs to leave.

The 6 being press resistant is soooo key to the tactic working.

I'm told it's pure BS..which I tend to agree with if for no other reason he had a complex injury and could easily be out for another 6-8 weeks...or even longer.

The injury needs a proper long rest and perhaps even an op, it's the same one that has dogged him for the last two years, so the final desperate solution may well be a complex op and long rehab.

The picture is unclear so all this could be turned on it's head!

But for now, I can't see any club risking buying him until the summer, plus Ange really does rate him, and talked him into staying, so his agents told Barca, he wasn't interested.

he's fit and trained yesterday with the team...

So it's false but not because he's injured.

he's fit and trained yesterday with the team...

So it's false but not because he's injured.
As I said elsewhere that was what his surgeon was reported as saying, just two weesk ago! Go figure?

Excerpt:

"The Argentine midfielder has suffered three injuries this season, including hamstring and muscle issues, causing him to miss ten games for the club.

Lo Celso has been sidelined with his recent ‘complicated‘ injury since the beginning of January according to his medical consultant surgeon and previously stated he may need important surgery.

However, reports now indicate that he has now recovered from it."

Last edited:
As I said elsewhere that was what his surgeon was reported as saying, just two weesk ago! Go figure?

Excerpt:

"The Argentine midfielder has suffered three injuries this season, including hamstring and muscle issues, causing him to miss ten games for the club.

Lo Celso has been sidelined with his recent ‘complicated‘ injury since the beginning of January according to his medical consultant surgeon and previously stated he may need important surgery.

However, reports now indicate that he has now recovered from it."
I just wonder if unlike Richarlison who would play if they could wheel him out, whether Lo Celso is a bit fragile minded and overly protective of his body, which causes him to exaggerate pain and the inhibiting level of his injury. It seems that when he wants to be he is fit and running, just look at his excursions to Argentina for international matches. I wonder if with these latest injuries he has tested them out himself more fully and come to the conclusion he is in a good place. Of course I may be doing him a disservice and if so, I apologise.

I just wonder if unlike Richarlison who would play if they could wheel him out, whether Lo Celso is a bit fragile minded and overly protective of his body, which causes him to exaggerate pain and the inhibiting level of his injury. It seems that when he wants to be he is fit and running, just look at his excursions to Argentina for international matches. I wonder if with these latest injuries he has tested them out himself more fully and come to the conclusion he is in a good place. Of course I may be doing him a disservice and if so, I apologise.
I just can't work out what is going on; his surgeon saying that it was a 'complicated; injury that was now both his hamstring and thigh and may require a difficult op and recovery and then him suddenly turning up at training for a week after weeks out and doing rehab in Argentina under this consultant!

He is either making an amazing recovery or he isn't properly recovered and his horrible injury record will just go on and on..

Last edited:
I just can't work out what is going on; his surgeon saying that it was a 'complicated; injury that was now both his hamstring and thigh and may require a difficult op and recovery and then him suddenly turning up at training for a week after weeks out and doing rehab in Argentina under this consultant!

He is either making an amazing recovery or he isn't properly recovered and his horrible injury record will just go on and on..
Judging by his history it's the latter. As you've explained on here before it seems players and physios view surgery as a last resort as there are risks involved... I suppose if he wants to make it with us surgery is possibly the death knell for that hope... but on the flipside consistent lay offs by avoiding surgery will do his career no good either.

Absolutely stunning how little return on investment we've had on Ndombele and Gio combined - at the time a potentially transformative amount of money effectively flushed down the toilet.

Is it perhaps the case that the surgeon and the osteopath don't agree?

I know from my own left hamstring and hip / groin issues that a few osteopath treatments at the right time can be a game changer. You're still be that ticking time bomb but you are pain free and feel fit for purpose. You can still perform at the required level. A few "clicks" in the right places and the osteopath just gets everything loose again.

I'm guessing the surgeon wants to fix the root cause though.

Oh we have definitely left points on the board and that is a direct result of poor in game tactics and rigidity/inability to flex to a different style.

BUT!!!!! (before I get killed by some of you)

I LOVE what Big AP has brought to Spurs and LONG may it continue!!!
I'd argue that it's as much down to awful injuries than much else.

If you think about the games after the Chelsea madness, we coulda-shoulda-woulda... Etc

Poch big'n up Gallagher again after his 2 goals so his price will have doubled as he doesnt want to lose him ... best we smoke screen ourselves away from him and go get someone they are not looking at thru their blue rinse mist blindness
No surprises there Sid. I don't care how much they paid for their other stars, Conor is their prize asset & they were never gonna allow him to leave cheaply.