Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

Conflicting reports say that Lo Celcio has joined Galatasaray! True or false?
I'm told it's pure BS..which I tend to agree with if for no other reason he had a complex injury and could easily be out for another 6-8 weeks...or even longer.

The injury needs a proper long rest and perhaps even an op, it's the same one that has dogged him for the last two years, so the final desperate solution may well be a complex op and long rehab.

The picture is unclear so all this could be turned on it's head!

But for now, I can't see any club risking buying him until the summer, plus Ange really does rate him, and talked him into staying, so his agents told Barca, he wasn't interested.

It's why I voiced my opposition to him getting a new deal. He is a good keeper but totally unsuited to this sort of sweeper / keeper role.

He's an old dog that can't learn the skills needed to be one.

I hope our view isn't tested. It could be a disaster.

I interpreted that contract extension as a vote of no confidence towards Austin and Whiteman. I also expect to Forster to go from 2nd to 3rd choice in the remaining part of his contract (18 months). I guess Feb-May is a 4 month bridge to that and we have to hope Venom stays intact.

Any updates on the younger keepers? Is it just more of the same, or might we finally see one of them emerge?

I interpreted that contract extension as a vote of no confidence towards Austin and Whiteman. I also expect to Forster to go from 2nd to 3rd choice in the remaining part of his contract (18 months). I guess Feb-May is a 4 month bridge to that and we have to hope Venom stays intact.

Any updates on the younger keepers? Is it just more of the same, or might we finally see one of them emerge?
No one is getting very excited about our academy /u21 keepers

Although one of the agents swears Luca Gunter could be the real deal..but as he is represented by them, he would!

They've probably never had a keeper that doesn't pick it up and then boot it over the half way line.
nor have we since we signed Lloris - we dont train for that it seems.
Kicky kicky passy passy or boot to the sidelines and hope someone has a chest big enough to stop it is how to Goalkeep.

Even Barbora Vitikova is trying to throw to start attacks just that none of our women players are ever ready to accept the ball and run with it so she has to go back to kicky kicky passy passy football in the DANGER ZONE to the theme tune of Top Gun.

nor have we since we signed Lloris - we dont train for that it seems.
Kicky kicky passy passy or boot to the sidelines and hope someone has a chest big enough to stop it is how to Goalkeep.

Even Barbora Vitikova is trying to throw to start attacks just that none of our women players are ever ready to accept the ball and run with it so she has to go back to kicky kicky passy passy football in the DANGER ZONE to the theme tune of Top Gun.

I do agree. Overplaying in your own defensive third is an Ange ball weakness and it's not just the keeper.

Put together the best world eleven and even they couldn't do it 100% of the time.
It's an essential part of Ange ball; he will not change and has said, he'll take the blame for it when it does go wrong.. It feels like suicidal keep ball, but it does draw the opposition in and as long as we can resist the press, we can break and rule out sometimes 4/5 of the oppositions players.

At the start of the season, Bissouma as the pivot and resisting the press was magnificent at being the pressure reliever = but we haven't seen him playing for us for 4 months now!!

If he can recover his health, and then his form, he could be the game changer for us in the second half of the season, which will make Ange ball work the way he envisages it.

I hope he's ready to be unleashed again against Brighton.

It's an essential part of Ange ball; he will not change and has said, he'll take the blame for it when it does go wrong.. It feels like suicidal keep ball, but it does draw the opposition in and as long as we can resist the press, we can break and rule out sometimes 4/5 of the oppositions players.

At the start of the season, Bissouma as the pivot and resisting the press was magnificent at being the pressure reliever = but we haven't seen him playing for us for 4 months now!!

If he can recover his health, and then his form, he could be the game changer for us in the second half of the season, which will make Ange ball work the way he envisages it.

I hope he's ready to be unleashed again against Brighton.
I'm all for it. It's the ability of the players that will determine how successful it is.

I do agree. Overplaying in your own defensive third is an Ange ball weakness and it's not just the keeper.
I could be wrong, but i don't feel that taking excessive risks with our passing from the back has been our downfall.

The problem more has been being too easy to play through due to failures in the press and the resulting too much space in the very high defensive line.
Then when on the ball we have too long of periods of the game when we pass the ball too slowly with no movements so we inevitably lose the ball in midfield.

I could be wrong, but i don't feel that taking excessive risks with our passing from the back has been our downfall.

The problem more has been being too easy to play through due to failures in the press and the resulting too much space in the very high defensive line.
Then when on the ball we have too long of periods of the game when we pass the ball too slowly with no movements so we inevitably lose the ball in midfield.
Meee...too slowly = (y)

If you look closely, we try to play out from the back and we either achieve it and look slick, or end up in a situation where we either buy a foul or concede a foul. Against Brentford, even though we were winning the fouls, we just lost all rhythm because of the foul count. Obviously, against Everton, we barely strung any great passing moves after the 10th minute and it was one of those fouls in a tight space that undone us.

Obviously, it will get easier when we have our best footballers back out there but I still think we need to mix it up and give opposition managers one more thing to worry about. Richi is also leading the line and has no problem with those balls coming at him.

As Ex said above though, Ange is the immovable object. He'll continue to learn the hard way, but succeed more than fail. Pep and Klopp have no problem with players clearing their lines properly. That's where the trophies are.

If you look closely, we try to play out from the back and we either achieve it and look slick, or end up in a situation where we either buy a foul or concede a foul. Against Brentford, even though we were winning the fouls, we just lost all rhythm because of the foul count. Obviously, against Everton, we barely strung any great passing moves after the 10th minute and it was one of those fouls in a tight space that undone us.

Obviously, it will get easier when we have our best footballers back out there but I still think we need to mix it up and give opposition managers one more thing to worry about. Richi is also leading the line and has no problem with those balls coming at him.

As Ex said above though, Ange is the immovable object. He'll continue to learn the hard way, but succeed more than fail. Pep and Klopp have no problem with players clearing their lines properly. That's where the trophies are.
7 months, new coach, new regime, new team/squad nearly 100%, even a new outlook, lessons being learned by everyone, so slowly but surely, simple for me. COYS