Transfers - Summer 2024 | Page 29 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2024

Can see us having completion from Arsenal, Chavs, Liverpool, Chavs and Barcodes with all having an interest in Eze, Olise and even Mateta and Guehi at one point. City may also have a sniff seeing they will want to replace Bernardo Silva and possibly Grealish.

Chavs and Newcastle do have issues with FFP though and I think Palace can demand decent money.

Can see us having completion from Arsenal, Chavs, Liverpool, Chavs and Barcodes with all having an interest in Eze, Olise and even Mateta and Guehi at one point. City may also have a sniff seeing they will want to replace Bernardo Silva and possibly Grealish.

Chavs and Newcastle do have issues with FFP though and I think Palace can demand decent money.
I cannot think of a single reason why anybody from an EPL club would want to sign for us over the other top 6 teams right now.

I cannot think of a single reason why anybody from an EPL club would want to sign for us over the other top 6 teams right now.

I would literally go to any of those other teams at the moment....a lot of it will determine where we finish this season I am afraid.

I would literally go to any of those other teams at the moment....a lot of it will determine where we finish this season I am afraid.
I've been on the positivity train for Ange since he's come in, but getting spanked the way that we have since the Fulham game is utterly disgraceful. That's not a teething issue, that's a 'we're downing tools and trying to get the manager fired' issue.

We can jump up and down and say that 5th place is a good start for what's been a bumpy first season, but the fact remains that we're not winning or losing by the sword like Jol/Redknapp would, we're just pissing around and getting picked off.

I'm appalled and if I could get a f*king ticket, I'd follow Bournemouth who are my local club (11,000 seater stadium makes it hard to get a seat!)

I've been on the positivity train for Ange since he's come in, but getting spanked the way that we have since the Fulham game is utterly disgraceful. That's not a teething issue, that's a 'we're downing tools and trying to get the manager fired' issue.

We can jump up and down and say that 5th place is a good start for what's been a bumpy first season, but the fact remains that we're not winning or losing by the sword like Jol/Redknapp would, we're just pissing around and getting picked off.

I'm appalled and if I could get a f*king ticket, I'd follow Bournemouth who are my local club (11,000 seater stadium makes it hard to get a seat!)
Take heart, the new stadium will be open for business sometime between 2028 and 2030 - the owner of course thinks it will open in 2027, but he hasn't made the mental conversion of USA construction processes and UK ones...

Take heart, the new stadium will be open for business sometime between 2028 and 2030 - the owner of course thinks it will open in 2027, but he hasn't made the mental conversion of USA construction processes and UK ones...
I can't believe it's only a 20,000 seater stadium, or thereabouts!

I'm originally from Reading and there was a pivotal point in 2006 where Sir John Madejski had an opportunity to really throw the kitchen sink at developing the stadium. Alas, I can see them sinking into oblivion after missing their opportunity

I can't believe it's only a 20,000 seater stadium, or thereabouts!

I'm originally from Reading and there was a pivotal point in 2006 where Sir John Madejski had an opportunity to really throw the kitchen sink at developing the stadium. Alas, I can see them sinking into oblivion after missing their opportunity
I'm pretty sure I saw a video interview with the American owner who explained that the design would allow for future expansion but I'm not sure the age and gender demographics of the area would warrant anything bigger right now.

Second time he's turned us down, his agent says he expects to move to a CL club!!

Well Barcodes certainly aint that.

His brain appears fluffy at the moment, wonder who inflated it, and over what...

I think he's a talented guy and could def fit on the pitch, but if he's asking for "assurances", well that's a no, and a shift in the perception of his "profile".

Calafiori looks like the real deal, and would be a much better add at this point than Tosin.

Dont think anyone should be bothered, and doesnt feel like a 'miss' if he goes elsewhere.

It would suggest that Ange absolutely wants to start next season with 4 experienced CB's, so promising youngsters are probably assessed to not be ready yet.

If that's the case then I hope Phillips and Dorrington get themselves a good loan each. Sitting around as 5th choice won't help them.

Can't believe we're even looking at Tosin and find it even funnier that he has turned us down. The cheek of it. No doubt the Lloyd Kelly rumours will start again as well. He'll be wearing black and white next season apparently.

If that's the case then I hope Phillips and Dorrington get themselves a good loan each. Sitting around as 5th choice won't help them.

Can't believe we're even looking at Tosin and find it even funnier that he has turned us down. The cheek of it. No doubt the Lloyd Kelly rumours will start again as well. He'll be wearing black and white next season apparently.
There is a report that Plymouth are keen to take Phillips and Devine on loan again next season having confirmed their championship place.