💰 Transfers - Summer 2023 | Page 195 | Vital Football

💰 Transfers - Summer 2023

I just don’t understand why chelsea are continuing to buy players, especially midfielders. Their squad must be absolutely huge!
I even hear Colwill is signing a 6 year contract. So he’ll be out of reach for everyone. He better hope he breaks into their first team asap as if he doesn’t, he’s stuck there!

I just don’t understand why chelsea are continuing to buy players, especially midfielders. Their squad must be absolutely huge!
I even hear Colwill is signing a 6 year contract. So he’ll be out of reach for everyone. He better hope he breaks into their first team asap as if he doesn’t, he’s stuck there!
They are still reported to be interested in Caicedo and Lavia. I would have thought that Colwill might have had an opportunity because of Fofana's injury but they bought in Disasi to cover that.

They are still reported to be interested in Caicedo and Lavia. I would have thought that Colwill might have had an opportunity because of Fofana's injury but they bought in Disasi to cover that.
They must have 6 first team CB’s & 10 CM’s! The worlds biggest squad! The only area that they’ve not gone crazy is GK & striker. I think it’s laughable but also shows the mercenary side of football as surely lots of these players must know they aren’t going to get much game time.

They must have 6 first team CB’s & 10 CM’s! The worlds biggest squad! The only area that they’ve not gone crazy is GK & striker. I think it’s laughable but also shows the mercenary side of football as surely lots of these players must know they aren’t going to get much game time.
Don't forget they have brought in Nkunku and Jackson to add to their striking options.

I think they got rid of Mount, Kovacic, Kante, RLC, and Havertz. They have managed to ship loads out, Pulisic, Mendy, Koulibaly etc.. got top prices for them too.

We have only sold Winks. It's pathetic.

I think they got rid of Mount, Kovacic, Kante, RLC, and Havertz. They have managed to ship loads out, Pulisic, Mendy, Koulibaly etc.. got top prices for them too.

It has been easy for Chelsea. Appointing Poch so early he had time to look over the squad and mark players that must be kept ones that have to be sold. Then the players Chelsea have are a lot more desirable than ours even after a bad season. It looks as though we have no plan. I know we must have one but just over a week before the start of the season and our squad is nowhere near good enough and we have far too many players. We are really struggling to move players on and we cannot buy players until we sell some. On paper we have 6 cbs so we need to move at least 3 on. I thought we would struggle but I didn't think it would be this bad

I saw that interview with Sherwood when he says he was pressured to play Soldado over Kane. I don’t believe the slightest that Sherwood was lying or even exaggerating. Besides, the overall tone and what Sherwood was saying in that interview was positive towards Levy. Levy is just kissed because what Sherwood says just upholds the current narrative that surrounds Levy; Levy is too involved in the football sides of things and gets it wrong time and time again.

It has been easy for Chelsea. Appointing Poch so early he had time to look over the squad and mark players that must be kept ones that have to be sold. Then the players Chelsea have are a lot more desirable than ours even after a bad season. It looks as though we have no plan. I know we must have one but just over a week before the start of the season and our squad is nowhere near good enough and we have far too many players. We are really struggling to move players on and we cannot buy players until we sell some. On paper we have 6 cbs so we need to move at least 3 on. I thought we would struggle but I didn't think it would be this bad
It would be interesting to hear Pochettino's thoughts on what he's experiencing at Chelsea as compared to Spurs. Reading of that quite unbelievable Donna Maria-Cullen's involvement regarding transfers, and her apparent criticism of any suggestion that Spurs should approach Pochettino to return to Spurs, you see just what a mess Levy has created down there.

To be fair to the club, the players that you have listed are better than each of the ones we want to sell by miles. That's going to make them much easier to sell.

I can only hope that near the end of the window when other targets fall through teams turn to our extras....

I saw that interview with Sherwood when he says he was pressured to play Soldado over Kane. I don’t believe the slightest that Sherwood was lying or even exaggerating. Besides, the overall tone and what Sherwood was saying in that interview was positive towards Levy. Levy is just kissed because what Sherwood says just upholds the current narrative that surrounds Levy; Levy is too involved in the football sides of things and gets it wrong time and time again.
Have you read Trippier's words on his leaving Spurs? It's staggering, really. He actually says that he knew '100% for a fact......that two months before the end of the season, Daniel (Levy, the Chairman) was offering me to other clubs.' How can a manager manage a club, when you've got a chairman behaving like that? I think one time when Pochettino was being questioned at Spurs, he actually point-blank said words to the effect that he wasn't in charge of transfers.

Looks like Gil won’t be going anywhere. Will undergo surgery and be out for 2 months. And to rub salt into the wound, Arse have agreed personal terms with Raya.

Premier League Relegation 23/24 with Sky​

• Sunday 19th May 2024 16:00
  • Premier League

Bets placed in accordance with our Market Rules

• Luton Town
    4/11
    Sheffield Utd
    4/6
    Nottingham Forest
    9/4
    Bournemouth
    5/2
    Everton
    11/4
    Wolves
    11/4
    Burnley
    10/3
    Fulham
    10/3
    Crystal Palace
    6/1
    Brentford
    8/1
    West Ham
    9/1
    Aston Villa
    40/1
    Brighton
    40/1
    Tottenham
    80/1
    Chelsea
    200/1
    Manchester City
    250/1
    Liverpool
    500/1
    Manchester Utd
    500/1
    Newcastle
    500/1
  • Goons
    750/1

Have you read Trippier's words on his leaving Spurs? It's staggering, really. He actually says that he knew '100% for a fact......that two months before the end of the season, Daniel (Levy, the Chairman) was offering me to other clubs.' How can a manager manage a club, when you've got a chairman behaving like that? I think one time when Pochettino was being questioned at Spurs, he actually point-blank said words to the effect that he wasn't in charge of transfers.
Nowhere in Trippier’s statement does it state that the manager wasn’t involved also. It’s all about language. Let’s remember that at that time Trippier was terrible for us (we now know the reasons) & many of us were screaming for him to be sold. I’d bet that both Levy & Poch were of the same opinion, hence the chairman trying to drum up interest. We then replaced him with Serge in the hope that he’d be amazing for us. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.
Poch’s statement was at the end of his spurs tenure when he went into total meltdown as he was seeking a move himself! So as we see with many others, they try to distance themselves from criticism. Poch had us playing like a relegation team! So let’s not sugar coat any of that.
Levy has his significant issues & the spurs model has had him far too involved in things he has no acumen for but I do often think he ends up being the target for everything that goes wrong at the club.
We sign a poor player or overpay (think Perisic/Lenglet/Richi), it’s Levy’s fault. We buy an amazing player, it’s kudos to Paratici/manager/scouts (think Bentencur). So often absolutely double standards.

I'm curious to know what the contingency plans are if we fail to sell players.

Is it loaning out again?

What happened to tearing up contracts?

I think it will get to the stage players won't get a squad place. These guy's ain't leaving unless their wages are matched elsewhere.

We all know that ain't happening. 😂

Well the squad rules are maximum 17 non-homegrown players, plus the rest made up from either homegrown or U21's.

Non-HG (18) - Vicario, Hugo, Emerson, Porro, Reggie, Dier, Romero, Sanchez, Hojbjerg, Bissouma, Bentancur, Tanguy, Gio, Perisic, Sonny, Solomon, Kulu, Richi,

HG (10) - Kane, Forster, Austin, Whiteman, Spence, Sess, Davies, Rodon, Tanganga, Skipp, Maddison,

U21 - Udogie, Sarr, White, Devine, Gil, Scarlett, Parrott

I've struck out the obvious ones. That leaves 2 spaces for purchases like Tapsoba to get a non-HG squad place. We then have Sess and Gil in the treatment room so they're going nowhere. I'm guessing it will then be loans for the youngsters. Who knows what happens with Gio and Tanguy.

It is still too many for just a domestic schedule of games. If no offers materialise, I think we have to find a compromise agreement with Hugo and Sanchez to make them free agents. Perhaps even Rodon as well.

I'm curious to know what the contingency plans are if we fail to sell players.

Is it loaning out again?

What happened to tearing up contracts?

I think it will get to the stage players won't get a squad place. These guy's ain't leaving unless their wages are matched elsewhere.

We all know that ain't happening. 😂
It’s a right mess RD ..

Are we supposed to have a DoF or not .
What is this Scott Munn bloke supposed to be doing .

And this Kane shit is dragging everyone down .

If he plays against Brentford!! !!!!! What is that all about …

Apparently we STILL HAVENT GIVEN UP ON TRAPSOBA AND THE OTHER BLOKE .

What on earth is going on .

The THST are asking for protests regarding match day ticket prices , after being ignored by the club .

What a pitiful mess