💰 Transfers - Summer 2023 | Page 196 | Vital Football

💰 Transfers - Summer 2023

Nowhere in Trippier’s statement does it state that the manager wasn’t involved also. It’s all about language. Let’s remember that at that time Trippier was terrible for us (we now know the reasons) & many of us were screaming for him to be sold. I’d bet that both Levy & Poch were of the same opinion, hence the chairman trying to drum up interest. We then replaced him with Serge in the hope that he’d be amazing for us. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.
Poch’s statement was at the end of his spurs tenure when he went into total meltdown as he was seeking a move himself! So as we see with many others, they try to distance themselves from criticism. Poch had us playing like a relegation team! So let’s not sugar coat any of that.
Levy has his significant issues & the spurs model has had him far too involved in things he has no acumen for but I do often think he ends up being the target for everything that goes wrong at the club.
We sign a poor player or overpay (think Perisic/Lenglet/Richi), it’s Levy’s fault. We buy an amazing player, it’s kudos to Paratici/manager/scouts (think Bentencur). So often absolutely double standards.

Trippier was gone mid July 2019 and we got £20m. Based on his poor career with Spurs, I was happy with that at the time.

Aurier was bought to replace Walker 2 years earlier. Complete train wreck.

We should have ditched both and given KWP and Foyth the chance to perform. The senior 2 never did in our shirt.

It’s a right mess RD ..

Are we supposed to have a DoF or not .
What is this Scott Munn bloke supposed to be doing .

And this Kane shit is dragging everyone down .

If he plays against Brentford!! !!!!! What is that all about …

Apparently we STILL HAVENT GIVEN UP ON TRAPSOBA AND THE OTHER BLOKE .

What on earth is going on .

The THST are asking for protests regarding match day ticket prices , after being ignored by the club .

What a pitiful mess

I'm still in he half full brigade. Nothing you say above isn't true, but I genuinely believe we are a Tapsoba short of a very decent side. That side and the 4 or 5 subs will entertain us every week. My one slight concern is whether the new keeper will step up to the levels. That's mostly to do with not knowing him.

Ange now has to ring-fence that 16 or 17 players that he will use in the match day squad

Vicario, Forster, Porro, Emerson, Romero, Dier, New LCB/Japhet, Reggie, Udogie, Bissouma, Skipp, Sarr, Maddison, Gio, Tanguy, Solomon, Kulu, Perisic, Son, Richi

That's my Brentford 20 man squad.

Kane wouldn't be in any squad until his future is sewn up. He would have to earn his place back on the bench in Sep if he stays. Ditto with the team, if he can be arsed to show the manager he can adapt to the new system.

It has been easy for Chelsea. Appointing Poch so early he had time to look over the squad and mark players that must be kept ones that have to be sold. Then the players Chelsea have are a lot more desirable than ours even after a bad season. It looks as though we have no plan. I know we must have one but just over a week before the start of the season and our squad is nowhere near good enough and we have far too many players. We are really struggling to move players on and we cannot buy players until we sell some. On paper we have 6 cbs so we need to move at least 3 on. I thought we would struggle but I didn't think it would be this bad
What's worse is we still have another 4 weeks of anguish to suffer!

Would prefer those splinters at our place instead of theirs! When it comes TO DO they DO it we DONT! We had everything in place for Raya but baulked at the price, they on the otber hand ………..
There is no mention of an agreed fee yet, just personal terms agreed, so it may still come to nothing. A number of clubs have refused to pay £40m so the Gooners would be mad to.

I'm still in he half full brigade. Nothing you say above isn't true, but I genuinely believe we are a Tapsoba short of a very decent side. That side and the 4 or 5 subs will entertain us every week. My one slight concern is whether the new keeper will step up to the levels. That's mostly to do with not knowing him.

Ange now has to ring-fence that 16 or 17 players that he will use in the match day squad

Vicario, Forster, Porro, Emerson, Romero, Dier, New LCB/Japhet, Reggie, Udogie, Bissouma, Skipp, Sarr, Maddison, Gio, Tanguy, Solomon, Kulu, Perisic, Son, Richi

That's my Brentford 20 man squad.

Kane wouldn't be in any squad until his future is sewn up. He would have to earn his place back on the bench in Sep if he stays. Ditto with the team, if he can be arsed to show the manager he can adapt to the new system.
I also have concerns over Vicario. From the incredibly limited showing we’ve had, I’ve not been convinced but he may well grow into it & be the star that we need.
Outside of that & CB, my only other concern is striker. Richi is not what we need. The guy can’t ever stay onside! Let alone hit the target in a regular basis. So I’d really like us to finish the window with a CB & a Kane replacement. Muani seems the best bet but I don’t know much about him other than that he has done well in Germany.
We then seriously need to cull many!
Davinson, Perisic, Reggie, PEH, Rodon, Tanga, LoCo & Ndombele would all be first out the door for me.

I'm curious to know what the contingency plans are if we fail to sell players.

Is it loaning out again?

What happened to tearing up contracts?

I think it will get to the stage players won't get a squad place. These guy's ain't leaving unless their wages are matched elsewhere.

We all know that ain't happening. 😂
I'd like to think we would just accept lower offers, but I'd be shocked if that happens.

Haven't had much interest in the players that are apparently just been under performing because of the manager.

I also have concerns over Vicario. From the incredibly limited showing we’ve had, I’ve not been convinced but he may well grow into it & be the star that we need.
Outside of that & CB, my only other concern is striker. Richi is not what we need. The guy can’t ever stay onside! Let alone hit the target in a regular basis. So I’d really like us to finish the window with a CB & a Kane replacement. Muani seems the best bet but I don’t know much about him other than that he has done well in Germany.
We then seriously need to cull many!
Davinson, Perisic, Reggie, PEH, Rodon, Tanga, LoCo & Ndombele would all be first out the door for me.

Each to their own opinions. Would love to hear more about your view on Perisic.

Richi is an interesting one. I'm not worried about the offsides. He's barely played number 9 for a couple of years now, and even before it was C-Lewin that was leading the line. There's not enough data to tarnish him with the Defoe offside tag. I'm more worried about his body not being up to the rigours, and seeing him again in the treatment room and not on the pitch. He does look a good fit for Ange's system though.

Where I can agree is the attacking quintet - Richi, Sonny, Solomon, Kulu, Perisic. Is it strong and deep enough without Kane, Moura, Danjuma etc all departing even with Maddison, Gio etc giving us more from midfield? Then we have Sonny playing in the Asia Cup in Jan / Feb. Could Scarlett get involved?

One more high calibre addition would be great, but not at the expense of the getting one or two centre halves in. That is priority now, as is shifting the deadwood.

Looks like Gil won’t be going anywhere. Will undergo surgery and be out for 2 months. And to rub salt into the wound, Arse have agreed personal terms with Raya.
We should have coffed up, instead we had the pressing point of trying to bring in an AM as well as a GK. I would've felt a lot more confident with Raya between the sticks than Vicario, then again it did allow us to bag our No.1 target in Maddison.

Nowhere in Trippier’s statement does it state that the manager wasn’t involved also. It’s all about language. Let’s remember that at that time Trippier was terrible for us (we now know the reasons) & many of us were screaming for him to be sold. I’d bet that both Levy & Poch were of the same opinion, hence the chairman trying to drum up interest. We then replaced him with Serge in the hope that he’d be amazing for us. Unfortunately that didn’t happen.
Poch’s statement was at the end of his spurs tenure when he went into total meltdown as he was seeking a move himself! So as we see with many others, they try to distance themselves from criticism. Poch had us playing like a relegation team! So let’s not sugar coat any of that.
Levy has his significant issues & the spurs model has had him far too involved in things he has no acumen for but I do often think he ends up being the target for everything that goes wrong at the club.
We sign a poor player or overpay (think Perisic/Lenglet/Richi), it’s Levy’s fault. We buy an amazing player, it’s kudos to Paratici/manager/scouts (think Bentencur). So often absolutely double standards.
Whilst i agree with much of that as head of any corporation the buck must stop with them.

Wouldn't you be angry?
Not really. I'd be more interested in seeing what, if any, action I could take. I'd also for sure be issuing a public statement and in writing calling the person a fuckxxx liar. Levy getting angry, smacks to me of his not wanting Spurs fans to realise just how much he's involved in such matters.

Each to their own opinions. Would love to hear more about your view on Perisic.

Richi is an interesting one. I'm not worried about the offsides. He's barely played number 9 for a couple of years now, and even before it was C-Lewin that was leading the line. There's not enough data to tarnish him with the Defoe offside tag. I'm more worried about his body not being up to the rigours, and seeing him again in the treatment room and not on the pitch. He does look a good fit for Ange's system though.

Where I can agree is the attacking quintet - Richi, Sonny, Solomon, Kulu, Perisic. Is it strong and deep enough without Kane, Moura, Danjuma etc all departing even with Maddison, Gio etc giving us more from midfield? Then we have Sonny playing in the Asia Cup in Jan / Feb. Could Scarlett get involved?

One more high calibre addition would be great, but not at the expense of the getting one or two centre halves in. That is priority now, as is shifting the deadwood.
With reference to the quintet, it'll have to be. I can't for the life of me see how we can attract a top class striker when we have more pressing concerns at the back.

Vicario could turn out to be great business but having gone the cheap route for our new keeper we really ought to be going big with a new addition to our rear guard.

I'm not referring to Pochettino at all, but it's just not feasible that Tripper, given what he said, would have spared Pochettino's blushes if he was the driving force. I agree that Trippier was playing badly but that could also well relate to Levy's behaviour. It's easy to understand why Pochettino was seeking a move, when you have some woman on the board falsely stating that the manager was relaxed about Spurs not being active in the transfer market. I mean, seriously, we get to the final in an unbelievable result against Ajax. How on earth could Levy not see what a platform that could and should have been? Trippier also refers to our selling Dembele in January of that year, suggesting that we could have won honours if we'd kept him, at least until the end of the season and including the final against Liverpool. Incidentally, Trippier played that whole match. I don't think Levy has anyone to blame but himself. It's simple - just butt out.

I'm not referring to Pochettino at all, but it's just not feasible that Tripper, given what he said, would have spared Pochettino's blushes if he was the driving force. I agree that Trippier was playing badly but that could also well relate to Levy's behaviour. It's easy to understand why Pochettino was seeking a move, when you have some woman on the board falsely stating that the manager was relaxed about Spurs not being active in the transfer market. I mean, seriously, we get to the final in an unbelievable result against Ajax. How on earth could Levy not see what a platform that could and should have been? Trippier also refers to our selling Dembele in January of that year, suggesting that we could have won honours if we'd kept him, at least until the end of the season and including the final against Liverpool. Incidentally, Trippier played that whole match. I don't think Levy has anyone to blame but himself. It's simple - just butt out.
Trippier's a dick.

His words, not mine. "I wasn't up to scratch." We all know why.

What is unknown at the moment is how any of the retained squad can play together in Ange's set up. We could only judge them in Cuntes strangled system where they were constantly out numbered or pressured and low on confidence and motivation. What we do know is that it will all be pointless (no pun intended) if we can't score goals. With Harry we have a chance of top 6 at least, slim chance without him.

With reference to the quintet, it'll have to be. I can't for the life of me see how we can attract a top class striker when we have more pressing concerns at the back.

Vicario could turn out to be great business but having gone the cheap route for our new keeper we really ought to be going big with a new addition to our rear guard.

The last 4 weeks can be a long time in a summer transfer window.

Our equation right now looks like the sum of Porro, Kulu, Solomon, Maddison and Vicario less the fee for Winksy. Anyway you look at it, it feels like a net spending of over £100m.

Suddenly Kane is gone, and perhaps we see a breakthrough on the Hojbjerg exit and suddenly we're back to net zero again.

Then we get to find out what this shiny new stadium really means to our annual cashflow. I think we've seen a run rate of about £50-60m of net spending in the last few years. My instinct though is that because Kane and Winks sales are pure profit from the academy, we might be pleasantly surprised.