Transfers - Summer 2021 | Page 24 | Vital Football

Transfers - Summer 2021

Would anyone come in for Stiepermann - Hernandez? On the pink un chats PD had mentioned a few times that the clubs was open to offers for Stiepermann but had only had calls from championship clubs for a loan deal but the club would rather sell if they could. I think these two might end up like a lot of our players and go on a free when their deals are up.

Placheta they said the club was looking to loan out along with Martin.

They said that DF loves Hugill for his character but knows that an offer would have to be accepted.

Would losing three big characters in Hernandez, Tettey and Hugill have an effect on the side though?

Another new name linked.

Sebastiaan Bornauw. He is currently playing for 1. FC Koln. He is 22 and plays as a Central defender. Apparently he has had a brilliant season. Valued at a little over 10 million.

This is coming from Sky Sports.

Would anyone come in for Stiepermann - Hernandez? On the pink un chats PD had mentioned a few times that the clubs was open to offers for Stiepermann but had only had calls from championship clubs for a loan deal but the club would rather sell if they could. I think these two might end up like a lot of our players and go on a free when their deals are up.

Placheta they said the club was looking to loan out along with Martin.

They said that DF loves Hugill for his character but knows that an offer would have to be accepted.

Would losing three big characters in Hernandez, Tettey and Hugill have an effect on the side though?

Losing Onel , Teabag and Hugill won’t affect the team but losing Emi , Todd and Arrons would be catastrophic

Losing Onel , Teabag and Hugill won’t affect the team but losing Emi , Todd and Arrons would be catastrophic
Agreed. We have to get everything so right this summer. I do worry about the over reliance on pukki again. He will have a dry spell and I think he'll also have an I just period. We need a bloody good forward to replace him.

We are linked to Jayden Bogle (Sheff Utd ) as a possible replacement for Arrons claims the Pink Un . The determination to sell Arrons is all I read about at the moment

Last edited:
Agreed. We have to get everything so right this summer. I do worry about the over reliance on pukki again. He will have a dry spell and I think he'll also have an I just period. We need a bloody good forward to replace him.
The trouble is that strikers are always the most expensive position to fill.
I think we got very lucky with Pukki. We signed him for free and he’s come into the form of his life. If we were to buy a striker as good as him but say, a couple of years younger and with similar scoring stats, he would cost us something like £30m+ so I think we’re not going to better Pukki this season. Just the way it is, we couldn’t afford to.
That said, they need to provide him with better competition than Hugill, who served a purpose in the Championship as a “different” type of striker but he’s not good enough, I’d say, for the PL. They gambled on Drmic regaining his pre-injury form but it didn’t work out. It’ll be a real tough position to buy for. Having said that, Idah has a bright future ahead of him and it sounds like he won’t be going out on loan, as things stand. Maybe a surprise package?

The trouble is that strikers are always the most expensive position to fill.
I think we got very lucky with Pukki. We signed him for free and he’s come into the form of his life. If we were to buy a striker as good as him but say, a couple of years younger and with similar scoring stats, he would cost us something like £30m+ so I think we’re not going to better Pukki this season. Just the way it is, we couldn’t afford to.
That said, they need to provide him with better competition than Hugill, who served a purpose in the Championship as a “different” type of striker but he’s not good enough, I’d say, for the PL. They gambled on Drmic regaining his pre-injury form but it didn’t work out. It’ll be a real tough position to buy for. Having said that, Idah has a bright future ahead of him and it sounds like he won’t be going out on loan, as things stand. Maybe a surprise package?
I wouldn't be against us signing a forward on loan. Like a Tammy Abraham (I couldn't see that happening but that kind of player). If not the break the club record transfer fee as mentioned by Bailey on a forward.

We are linked to Jayden Bogle (Sheff Utd ) as a possible replacement for Arrons claims the Pink Un . The determination to sell Arrons is all I read about at the moment
Boyle wouldn't be a bad signing. I did see him get torn to shreds in one gane this season but can't remember which one. He had a decent season and is still only 20.

I wouldn't be against us signing a forward on loan. Like a Tammy Abraham (I couldn't see that happening but that kind of player). If not the break the club record transfer fee as mentioned by Bailey on a forward.

I cant see us signing an out and out striker this window. Thats why there is talk of a winger cum striker.

I cant see us signing an out and out striker this window. Thats why there is talk of a winger cum striker.
Like Brentford's Emiliano who is out of contract in summer. and attacking midfielder who can play out left and upfront. or Swansea's Andre Ayew
who can play out wide and up top? Not that I want either but that kind of player. No fee and can play in a few different roles.

Read a report recently that Blackburn would want at least £25m for Adam Armstrong . Can’t see the Smiffs forking out that kind of sum , but that’s what you have to do if you want to stay up. Its scoring goals will keep us in the Prem

Read a report recently that Blackburn would want at least £25m for Adam Armstrong . Can’t see the Smiffs forking out that kind of sum , but that’s what you have to do if you want to stay up. Its scoring goals will keep us in the Prem
Not worth 25m they can shove that one

Karlsruher close to signing Hiese. One deadwood on way out. What a pointless signing he was.