Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 145 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

I am not panicking but I thought AC wanted all of his transfer business concluded before preseason?

Eriksen looks to be off
Levy is negotiating the Spence deal
Arsenal are further down the line for Raphina
Chelsea have bid for Richarlison
Bastoni is definitely staying
Lautaro is definitely staying

After an amazing start, things have been grinding to a halt whilst our rivals take advantage. A little concerning but I have faith in Paratici. Romero, Bentancur and Kulusevski have earned him that credit.

I wouldn't be surprised if we landed 0 of the targets above and I'm generally ok with that so long as we get cooking.

That's a decent perspective. Conte appears to want it all now. As do most of us. But it's a big ask over one window.

Most people are of the opinion that there will be a lot of movement in the first full week in July, we all no that Paratici is working like a dog.
Personally I'm completely relaxed about this window, I get the feeling that we have 3-4 players lined up but they want to clear the deck of one or two players.
For me if we can shift Winks and Bergwijn and bring in £45m, that could influence how much we are willing to pay Raphinha for argument sake.
I'm so relaxed and confident in Paratici.

Most people are of the opinion that there will be a lot of movement in the first full week in July, we all no that Paratici is working like a dog.
Personally I'm completely relaxed about this window, I get the feeling that we have 3-4 players lined up but they want to clear the deck of one or two players.
For me if we can shift Winks and Bergwijn and bring in £45m, that could influence how much we are willing to pay Raphinha for argument sake.
I'm so relaxed and confident in Paratici.
It's likely most players are on holiday until at least the first week of July so while there may be lots of talking between clubs and agents we probably won't see anything being firmed up until players are available for medicals again.

Our pre season games start July 12th or 13th. Some players are training already. I got the impression Conte wanted early business to work with the players pre season. Even though there is plenty of time in the window, this protracted negotiation scenario is hampering our ability to hit the ground running at the start of the season.

Still nothing and targets are falling.

It's very much suggested so in the media at least.

By "media", you mean random internet aggregators? Or like actual media, like SKY, BBC, ESPN, etc? (<- Not that they're perfect, but do exercise some standard before they say stuff)

Because that matters, and then the next question is, who ARE the "targets"? Because the vast majority of all that aggregator stuff is total crap.

Of those you mentioned on the previous page...

Eriksen is not a target, he's a potential luxury opportunity that we would be dumb to not look at, but this has never been close to a deal, and wont until the last second of the window, because we are actually talking w clubs about better players. And he's making his move to cash out at the end of a career.

The reason Levy is talking w Gibson over Spence, is because they are extremely familiar, and that relationship is beneficial in this case.

Arsenal are not further down the line for Raphina, they made a stoopid offer that was laughed at, he's not going there. He wants to goto Barca, but they got known problems. If they sell Frenkie, (which I said he was for sale months ago), then they might have the funds to get Raphina. The delay in sussing that out was an opp for Fabio & Conte to blow some smoke in there and see what happened. The kid is amenable to joining. But he wants to goto Barca, see?

I dont think Chelski have bid for anyone. But they're gonna. They just canned their girl in the front office, and the American is in a sea of shit trying to get things going again. The Lukaku deal is paramount, and once that's completely settled...... They're gonna go after Neymar, not Richarlison. And then defenders.

And as far as Bastoni & Lautaro, 'definitely' is something to never say with the Inter situation as it is. They HAVE to sell players, Skriniierinierer could make some way but not enough, and little side guys aint gonna do it. They add the Lukaku & Dybala salaries, and they've created another untenable situation. Not gonna keep all those guys, no way.

We've already signed 3 new players, that most agree are quality choices for the needs. Contracts expire 6/30. Things do change after that date a bit.

I expect we are actively shopping for, & will sign 2 CB's, and an attacker, not necessarily a CF. I think the RWB spot could also be a possibility, but other than Spence (and Ive got nothing outside of the "Media" on him, havent for over a season in fact), that's gone pretty quiet. Last snippet I saw was on Dest & Dumfries.

Personally I'm only interested in whom we bring in for the backline, the rest is gravy. A young top LCB, and an experienced CB that can play across. If we sign those, that fills the biggest holes for me, and then the out's become a priority.

Not worried.

That's a decent perspective. Conte appears to want it all now. As do most of us. But it's a big ask over one window.

Goal - KEEP CONTE HAPPY!!!!

My recommendation - GET HIM WHAT HE WANTS. We have the money, no excuses. (yes if another club pips us with an obscene about of money...so be it. But we should be in on our targets hard)

**To be honest...I think we are...at least I hope so...

Goal - KEEP CONTE HAPPY!!!!

My recommendation - GET HIM WHAT HE WANTS. We have the money, no excuses. (yes if another club pips us with an obscene about of money...so be it. But we should be in on our targets hard)

**To be honest...I think we are...at least I hope so...
I think we're doing just that. Patty's already made 3 choice signings, 2 of which i never thought i'd live to see.

I am reading that we are being heavily linked with a swap for Antony. I would be one happy spurs fan if we get this lad. I have been going on about him for a few seasons now. Please let this be true.
I am very happy with Yves and can't wait to see him in a Spurs shirt. Not so happy with Forster or Ivan Perisic but if we get Antony I could forget them

Yep on the right track for sure. If we want to actually make a run next season and in the CL...I do think we need 2-3 more quality signings in the right spots though.
I'm hopeful we'll bring in a couple of defensive reinforcements now. I won't discount anything happening though. I've been surprised by the number of signings we've made already. Could be a very busy summer ahead.

but he hasn't had a consistent injury free run in the team (at least for a while) which is pretty pivotal at this stage of his career no?

He's had his share of opportunities and only has Lucas Moura as direct competition; to not be able to succeed in that 1on1 environment underscores my previous comments. We need better.