Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 140 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

Bissouma is our only real signing that cost money so far isn't he ? We do have 150 mil plus to spend so I hope we have some big names lined up. Perisic is a quick fix, not long term and isn't PL proven. Rumours of Spence don't exactly excite me, he is a prospect.
We need a top LCB and options seem to be slipping away. We need a top striker and AM. We need a top RWB and LWB if Conte wants to continue with his vision and upgrade on Doherty and Sessegnon which are not top 4 calibre.
I can't see us spending big to get 5 quality players in those positions.
Perisic might not be long term Nick but there is no doubting his pedigree, PL shouldn't make any difference IMO.

And the influence Perisic could have on Sessegnon could be huge. He's a big signing for us.

As for Western McKennie, I can only see us signing him if one of Hojbjerg or Skipp leave and the club have already stated that Hojbjerg is going nowhere and everyone thinks Skipp is our future captain so we know he is staying. Bissouma was the cheaper, ready-made PL option to McKennie. Never say never though. We tried very hard for him in January and Paratici is a big fan.

What intrigues me most is we are not giving up on Bastoni, which is perplexing seeming as it is way more likely that Skriniar will be the player to leave to fund the moves for Bremer and Dybala. I think Inter are going to allow Martinez to leave too in order to get Lukaku back and strengthen a few other positions.

Skriniar is meant to be going to PSG, I just wonder if all the fuss over Mpappe and questions over PSG finance may restrict their spending.

What it seems to be right now.....

GK's - done, Forster replaces Gollini

Wingbacks - we're all waiting for something to happen. Perisic adds quality but we are still one or two moves away. Will Reggie and Emerson survive the summer? The Djed Spence transfer is becoming a saga.

Centre Back - we all still dream of Bastoni, but there are plenty of other names in the mix. Almost certainly, we will make one or two moves. I can't be sure Sanchez will be a Spurs by the end of the summer. If not, Rodon.

Midfield - probably done now we have the quartet plus Sarr. Bissouma will be our best signing. The only change is if we get an AM in the mould of Eriksen and shift to a 3-5-2. Gio, Winks and Ndombele need to move on.

Forwards - The only 3 that are safe are Kane, Son and Kulu. Bergwijn will go. Moura could go whilst Bryan might find himself on loan again. We should expect one, if not two, new signings. Long list of Raphina, Richarlison, Martinez, Jesus etc. Big chance for Scarlett and Parrott in pre-season as well.

Wham are reportedly considering a £15m offer for Isaiah Jones, I hadn't realised he is a London lad from Lambeth. I personally think he is a better option than Spence and will be disappointed if he ends up at the taxpayers stadium.

Yeah, Max Aarons is a London lad as well. From what I know, the West Ham fans really rate Coufal. Jones will do well to break up the Coufal / Bowen combo but will be great backup for both.

If Bastoni, Bremner, Skriniar and the like are off the table then I would be very happy with Kim Min Jae as a Sanchez replacement. Can play across the back and has great feet, vision and stature.

For the LCB role, I can't help but feel Torres might be our best option, both he and Kim could also play the central CB role too. We really need some height to go with ability at the back.

The Joao Felix rumour is interesting, if we could include Emerson and Loco who they're interested in; then it might be possible. They spent over 100m on him, he wouldn't come cheap.

Chuck them a four player 'bargain' package including those two plus Sanchez and Moura and that would be business well done. 😉

What it seems to be right now.....

GK's - done, Forster replaces Gollini

Wingbacks - we're all waiting for something to happen. Perisic adds quality but we are still one or two moves away. Will Reggie and Emerson survive the summer? The Djed Spence transfer is becoming a saga.

Centre Back - we all still dream of Bastoni, but there are plenty of other names in the mix. Almost certainly, we will make one or two moves. I can't be sure Sanchez will be a Spurs by the end of the summer. If not, Rodon.

Midfield - probably done now we have the quartet plus Sarr. Bissouma will be our best signing. The only change is if we get an AM in the mould of Eriksen and shift to a 3-5-2. Gio, Winks and Ndombele need to move on.

Forwards - The only 3 that are safe are Kane, Son and Kulu. Bergwijn will go. Moura could go whilst Bryan might find himself on loan again. We should expect one, if not two, new signings. Long list of Raphina, Richarlison, Martinez, Jesus etc. Big chance for Scarlett and Parrott in pre-season as well.
It is obviously far easier for the media and fans to speculate about deals than for the Club to actually complete them. Difference between now and previous seasons I believe, is that a genuine intent and recognition of what is required is very much active. I'd be surprised if we do not sign a RWB, LCB and another striker before the window closes, but who they will be is pure speculation.

Juventus are interested in offering Frankfurt a £32.6m double deal for Spurs-linked duo, Filip Kostic and Evan Ndicka
We should be all over this!!!
Seal Eriksen on a free and Richarlison for £50M and we really will be sorted.

If we then do a deal with Villareal for Lo Cel/ Torres and we bring in Spence too that is a bonus and we have serious strength in depth.
Parrot, Scarlett and Devine may also impress enough for a squad place.

Although I rated Doherty highly when he was at Wolves, there's no argument that he was hugely disappointing for the better part of two seasons when he first joined Spurs. Turning point seemed to be when Kulu joined us, that provided him with support down the right flank and enabled him pretty much for the first time to play his natural game for us. Beware of Aston Villa full backs anxious to please their manager by any means fair or foul, and hopefully he can return fully fit next season. We need him to, Royal at best is only a replacement option when needs must, and even if we sign him I'm not sure that Spence would be a better option then Doherty at this stage.

I still argue that Doherty suffered a bit from long Covid having got it near the start of the pandemic.
He was indeed improving under Conte and with Kulu.
I just think his age now is a bit against him, hes not the athlete that Pulisic is, I'm truely in the fence but I feel there are better options out there at RWB..
When I see him I just think Sissoko, bags of running, strong as an ox, but with the ball at his feet ohhhh
Is he the guy to nurture Spence (if we get him) along?