Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 139 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

After a little digging about Eriksen, the reason for us not pursuing seeeems to be because our interest in another player has become more serious, and this player is seen as a much longer term option.

The versatility of the player is the key aspect and it could even open the prospect of Lucas leaving, which would free up funds for getting a replacement for Bergwijn. I'm having to be a little cryptic because I've been asked to not share it yet, but I REALLY hope we get this player. I think I've said so before, too.

I heard Matheus Nunes may be heading to Wolves... Unless Pep gets an itch... Or another club takes an interest.... Player's looking for something, sumthin wolves cant provide. Here's the Paqueta v Nunes comparison....

https://www.transfermarkt.us/vergleich/spielervergleich/statistik/def/spieler/444523&601883

With these two ^ the same ?'s as with CE, does the position fit (<- the REAL ?)? until we get some insight on Conte's plan, cant say, but if it persists, then they just dont.

I like CharlesTheGuitar myself, and these types of young versatile attacking players are of the right recipe.

Alot of peeps have their eyes in the wrong direction.

Yep, a superb centre half. Only downside is that he's only same height as Romero. I was hoping our new LCB would add a height dimension to the back line that is missing from set pieces.
There has been talk of us hijacking the Gooners move for Lisandro Martinez who can play LCB, LB, or DM, according to my research he is only 5' 9"!

Come on Muttley, ‘depressing’ really?

Davies was one of our best and most consistent players last season. A massive part of us achieving CL. I get you’d like a taller LCB but credit were it’s due. Davies was quality toward the end of last season.

I think you've missed my point. Romero is not strong in the air, whilst Dier is 6'2" and does OK. Davies is 5'11" and Conte's strategy was to replace him with 6'3" Bastoni.

Our transfer strategy was to allow Romero to carry on being Romero, but bring in more height to support Dier whilst keeping the other attributes. If we continue with Davies, that doesn't happen and have to supplement the lack of aerial presence in other ways.

If we continue with Davies then I would propose that he needs to switch with Kane. At the moment, it is Kane that gets the luxury free role from set pieces. I would park Davies at the near post and make Kane mark one of the big guys.

You have to admit that we saw it over and over again with Davies losing that aerial battle at key moments. He got away with most. Conte is a perfectionist though. He is not leaving that to chance, especially as Davies isn't quick and classy either. He's just a good guy. We can already see with Romero what we could have in the future.

After a little digging about Eriksen, the reason for us not pursuing seeeems to be because our interest in another player has become more serious, and this player is seen as a much longer term option.

The versatility of the player is the key aspect and it could even open the prospect of Lucas leaving, which would free up funds for getting a replacement for Bergwijn. I'm having to be a little cryptic because I've been asked to not share it yet, but I REALLY hope we get this player. I think I've said so before, too.
Matric what do you think of Weston McKenney? he offers a little bit of everything.

I think you've missed my point. Romero is not strong in the air, whilst Dier is 6'2" and does OK. Davies is 5'11" and Conte's strategy was to replace him with 6'3" Bastoni.

Our transfer strategy was to allow Romero to carry on being Romero, but bring in more height to support Dier whilst keeping the other attributes. If we continue with Davies, that doesn't happen and have to supplement the lack of aerial presence in other ways.

If we continue with Davies then I would propose that he needs to switch with Kane. At the moment, it is Kane that gets the luxury free role from set pieces. I would park Davies at the near post and make Kane mark one of the big guys.

You have to admit that we saw it over and over again with Davies losing that aerial battle at key moments. He got away with most. Conte is a perfectionist though. He is not leaving that to chance, especially as Davies isn't quick and classy either. He's just a good guy. We can already see with Romero what we could have in the future.

I fully understand your point. We have been very poor at set pieces for some time now although we were much better toward the end of last season.

Matric what do you think of Weston McKenney? he offers a little bit of everything.
I think our interest there ended when we signed Bissouma. Him, Hojbjerg, Bentacur and Skipp is plenty for the 2 in midfield. If we were to move to a 3 we would want a more attacking player such as Eriksen to fill the role. McKinney is a good player but I can't see him excelling in that role

The more I read about Bremer the more I'm convinced he isn't going to leave England never mind come to us. Sounds like he wants to be able to claim Italian residency (and thus be able to play for them as he's so far been overlooked by brazil) so would need to live there for another year yet. He'll be taking Skriniars (questionable spelling..) spot once he goes to PSG.

On the topic of Inter, can't see Martinez coming to England either. Wouldn't be surprised if somebody like Atletico go for him

If I'm honest I'm quite happy with our midfield as it is now, I would love Eriksen on a free but it's not crucial for me.
People say we need more creativity in the middle of the park, I don't necessarily agree with that. in Conte system that creativity comes from the WB's, on the left that will be provided by Perisic. We now need that quality on the right, personally I would think about playing Kulu their in certain games. Especially if we could get Raphinha.

Personally I think
Rodon, Sanches out Two newbies of better quality in
Doh and, Emerson out, Spence and some one of Persic quality in
Ericksen type mid fielder in
And CF, to cover Kane or Sonny...
For me, still needed.

Bissouma is our only real signing that cost money so far isn't he ? We do have 150 mil plus to spend so I hope we have some big names lined up. Perisic is a quick fix, not long term and isn't PL proven. Rumours of Spence don't exactly excite me, he is a prospect.
We need a top LCB and options seem to be slipping away. We need a top striker and AM. We need a top RWB and LWB if Conte wants to continue with his vision and upgrade on Doherty and Sessegnon which are not top 4 calibre.
I can't see us spending big to get 5 quality players in those positions.

Personally I think
Rodon, Sanches out Two newbies of better quality in
Doh and, Emerson out, Spence and some one of Persic quality in
Ericksen type mid fielder in
And CF, to cover Kane or Sonny...
For me, still needed.
If Eriksen doesn't come the guy I would want is Savo Milošević, he would cost big money but would certainly be a statement of intent.
With any luck with outgoings we should still have over £200m in the kitty, Savio would cost upwards of £60m if we could get him. I do believe we should have funds for one big signing and another couple of top shelf players.