Transfer Window - Summer 2022 | Page 141 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2022

Although I rated Doherty highly when he was at Wolves, there's no argument that he was hugely disappointing for the better part of two seasons when he first joined Spurs. Turning point seemed to be when Kulu joined us, that provided him with support down the right flank and enabled him pretty much for the first time to play his natural game for us. Beware of Aston Villa full backs anxious to please their manager by any means fair or foul, and hopefully he can return fully fit next season. We need him to, Royal at best is only a replacement option when needs must, and even if we sign him I'm not sure that Spence would be a better option then Doherty at this stage.

I always say that we shouldn't judge players until we're willing to give them an extended run in the side. Jose's obsession with Aurier was too much. Then Nuno used Emerson which continued until this calendar year with Conte. Then we finally saw Doherty give an extended go in a wing-back system and he was superb. He even got in on the goals and assists stats.

For me Doherty isn't an orthodox wingback because he doesn't think in straight lines. He doesn't hug the touchline and doesn't just want to overlap. He can make a run from the right back area to the penalty spot and nobody is expecting that. Just don't expect him to be a marathon runner or a sprinter. He has the football brain and technique though.

Our pre season games start July 12th or 13th. Some players are training already. I got the impression Conte wanted early business to work with the players pre season. Even though there is plenty of time in the window, this protracted negotiation scenario is hampering our ability to hit the ground running at the start of the season.

Our pre season games start July 12th or 13th. Some players are training already. I got the impression Conte wanted early business to work with the players pre season. Even though there is plenty of time in the window, this protracted negotiation scenario is hampering our ability to hit the ground running at the start of the season.

Everything will change come July 1st. Bergwinjn will be an Ajax player then and a few efforts at our end will likely all happen quickly aftre that.

I wouldn't be overly worried at this stage NRD, most of the squad won't be back until the beginning of July so there is still quite a few days to bring players in before pre-season training. It's very likely some deals won't be done until the period between July 1st and our first pre-season game and we might even get a surprise late in the window. It would be nice to get the majority of our business done so players get the full pre-season.

I always say that we shouldn't judge players until we're willing to give them an extended run in the side. Jose's obsession with Aurier was too much. Then Nuno used Emerson which continued until this calendar year with Conte. Then we finally saw Doherty give an extended go in a wing-back system and he was superb. He even got in on the goals and assists stats.

For me Doherty isn't an orthodox wingback because he doesn't think in straight lines. He doesn't hug the touchline and doesn't just want to overlap. He can make a run from the right back area to the penalty spot and nobody is expecting that. Just don't expect him to be a marathon runner or a sprinter. He has the football brain and technique though.
Just an observation. Mourinho had us playing robotic football with very restricted movement from anyone other than the front two. Not only did we become so boring, we were predictable and the trainee coaches were able to suss us out. Under Conte I loved the surprise element, where I often observed (commented during the matches) that Romero worked his way in to the box past Kane!, ditto Doherty. .... and it was nice to see Hojberg being at the end of crosses and even taking a pop.

Just can't wait to see the revised dynamics of the team following the revamp.

I wouldn't be overly worried at this stage NRD, most of the squad won't be back until the beginning of July so there is still quite a few days to bring players in before pre-season training. It's very likely some deals won't be done until the period between July 1st and our first pre-season game and we might even get a surprise late in the window. It would be nice to get the majority of our business done so players get the full pre-season.

Just over a week to go before pre season training starts. It would be good to have another couple signed and ready to train. My judgement which is worth FA, says we need 5 more players still. If Spence is one of those he could take a while to bring up to standard.

Just an observation. Mourinho had us playing robotic football with very restricted movement from anyone other than the front two. Not only did we become so boring, we were predictable and the trainee coaches were able to suss us out. Under Conte I loved the surprise element, where I often observed (commented during the matches) that Romero worked his way in to the box past Kane!, ditto Doherty. .... and it was nice to see Hojberg being at the end of crosses and even taking a pop.

Just can't wait to see the revised dynamics of the team following the revamp.

Bissouma could be a surprise element. He has some shot on him, even taking into account rebounds and deflections. He travels with the ball too. If he can get into tune with Hojbjerg and Kulu I can envisage some fireworks.
Then we have Perisic for some technical excellence which has been missing via Emerson and Reggie, to a lesser extent Sess but Perisic is different class.
Raphino or Richarlison into the mix and an Eriksen type, maybe Parrot coming in and we could be some team. Just get these fecking signings done.

Bissouma could be a surprise element. He has some shot on him, even taking into account rebounds and deflections. He travels with the ball too. If he can get into tune with Hojbjerg and Kulu I can envisage some fireworks.
Then we have Perisic for some technical excellence which has been missing via Emerson and Reggie, to a lesser extent Sess but Perisic is different class.
Raphino or Richarlison into the mix and an Eriksen type, maybe Parrot coming in and we could be some team. Just get these fecking signings done.
Agree on Bissouma. I am still gobsmacked that we manage to grab him for such a paltry sum. Had he been at Saints *the breeding ground for talent', he'd have easily fetched over 40 mill! Well chuffed it's him and not Ward Prowse!.