Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 92 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

First quarter of the season is going to be rough....like really rough.

Standard Spurs in the transfer windows....big reaches...and every club knows how to deal with us...either by simply NOT dealing with us or playing hardball with Levy because he is a complete asshole in the windows.

Oh well...we basically have the same squad still...yep that has worked well....

Ben White is a good CB, but nowhere near as good as he is made to be. Arsenal is his level, and I'm not concerned by his move.

We need CBs who can be at least as good as Toby&Verts at their prime, that's not this guy.

If you pay world class money, you expect world class players, not a few year stop gap.

I'm assuming that, given their past involvements together, Nuno believes that he can get far more from Doherty than we saw last season.
As far as CB is concerned, although he hasn't signed yet, I reckon that the assumption is that Romero will definitely be with us by the start of the season, we'd be crazy to screw this one up for the sake of a few million.
If I were to predict our starting line up for the match against City, I think we may see Tanganga, Romero, and Rodon as three CB's, with Doherty and Reguilon as wing backs.
For the other six positions Lloris, Ndombele, Lo Celso if he's fit, Dele and Sonny are all pretty much definites, which leaves one remaining place for you know, who I believe has already been ruled out of the City game. Perhaps we'll see Gil, with Sonny playing centrally.

What you say depends on what happens in the next 2 games. You can absolutely tell that Nuno has been drilling his squad to play a certain way in the last 3 games. Will he change more in line with your thinking or will he just change personnel?

My guess is that this will be the City line-up.

Hugo/Gollini
Doherty, Dier, Rodon/Tanganga, Reggie
Skipp/Tanguy, Hojbjerg, Dele
Moura, Son, Bergwijn

It could easily feel like a 4-5-1. I hope Romero can take his place, but this is Spurs we're talking about.

Well the only distraction left is the Olympics. Pretty much all of the Euro and COPA players will be back this week.

Gil is signed, but plays against Tomiyasu in a couple of days time. One of them leaves Tokyo and could be in London by next weekend. I think it will be Tomiyasu.
Tomiyasu is apparently suspended for the game against Spain.

But both will have to stay in Japan longer even if they lose the semi final as they will have to play in the 3rd place play off.

Chill guys. I accept both your stances. I too (surprisingly) would've preferred to have kitted out Nuno in a timely manner. The whole process has been frustrating, top to bottom. We, as Spurs fans, have got accustomed to it. Paratici start date, losing our no. 1 coach target and the uncertainty surrounding few of our players hasn't helped. As always finger instantly points to Dr Evil, but let's not go down the same old moan!

I am perplexed re. Rodon's absence.

There may well be few irons in fire (Striker(s) and CB's) and just because the media haven't latched on to them doesn't mean we are sat on our laurels.

As per StevePerryman, it's the timing that irks me. Two weeks for the 'new 1st team' players to get in shape, adapt and contribute during a major restructuring.

I'd be ready for my proper moan if Harry moved in the last week and we are still trying to find a CB and a striker!

I used to hate Poch saying Sonny can play as a striker and Dier is versatile!!. F'n team full of odd job men if you throw Sissoko in the mix!
This baffles me, am I right that with the exception of Sancho, white to goobers & Bailey to Villa what major deal has been done? Yet we act as if somehow we are being left behind. Half the players we've been linked with would not be available till next week at the earliest so I really don't get the problem.

I completely agree.

Fergie unlike Mourinho was never afraid to use the kids. He always said if they're good enough, they're good enough to play. People still romanticise about them to this day & yet so many seem to overlook the wealth of experience he had at his disposal. Without them they would have won nothing. All his great teams had an experienced core which provided the platform for the youngsters to flourish. Sadly we're nowhere near that level.
I can't agree with you on this one, all the managers that give youth a chance tend to
have been at a club longer than 18 months. I would also point out that Jose gave more youth player debuts for us than any manager I can recall since Pl has started.

[
steve, sorry but Harry wants to leave, 2 main reasons other than nice shiny things to catch dust lol!

1 Get himself a massive pay rise, simple

2 Achieve a big block buster payment for numpty bruv who will be made for life, again simple.

Just my opinion, cheers mate.
I've already resigned myself to the fact he's leaving the club. If somehow they manage to convince him to stay, then my outlook would be completely different. We have to be realistic though, what have we done over the summer that would convince him to stay? Make no mistake, if he does go he'll go with my full blessing. The lad owes us absolutely nothing.

Would the club be willing to reinvest that money back into the squad though?

I can't agree with you on this one, all the managers that give youth a chance tend to
have been at a club longer than 18 months. I would also point out that Jose gave more youth player debuts for us than any manager I can recall since Pl has started.
Big difference. Fergie nurtured his golden generation, Jose chucked them in when he'd lost the dressing room.

This Romero guy could be our VVD, he transformed pool. This guy is obviously at a different level, we need to get this over the line. Get him in and this could be a good window, good players attract good players
He may be our VVD or he may be our Eric Bailly/David Luiz. Bringing players in that have never played a minute in the PL is always a bigger risk than someone that’s had minutes here. Hopefully if he comes, he’s our VVD but he still needs quality around him

[
I've already resigned myself to the fact he's leaving the club. If somehow they manage to convince him to stay, then my outlook would be completely different. We have to be realistic though, what have we done over the summer that would convince him to stay? Make no mistake, if he does go he'll go with my full blessing. The lad owes us absolutely nothing.

Would the club be willing to reinvest that money back into the squad though?
He would go with mine, surprised though that some see him as selfish and lazy.

What you say depends on what happens in the next 2 games. You can absolutely tell that Nuno has been drilling his squad to play a certain way in the last 3 games. Will he change more in line with your thinking or will he just change personnel?

My guess is that this will be the City line-up.

Hugo/Gollini
Doherty, Dier, Rodon/Tanganga, Reggie
Skipp/Tanguy, Hojbjerg, Dele
Moura, Son, Bergwijn

It could easily feel like a 4-5-1. I hope Romero can take his place, but this is Spurs we're talking about.

If we have to Field that team we will be lower to mid table team.We need more than Romero to turn us into a top 6 team.I think Nuno was a mistake and I think by now Nuno is thinking the same.He is finding out our squad is not as good in person as it is on paper.Plus he is finding out how hard it is to work under a chairman that cares more about the bottom line

If we have to Field that team we will be lower to mid table team.We need more than Romero to turn us into a top 6 team.I think Nuno was a mistake and I think by now Nuno is thinking the same.He is finding out our squad is not as good in person as it is on paper.Plus he is finding out how hard it is to work under a chairman that cares more about the bottom line

I really think you're underestimating us; a change of tactics from Jose's, lay back and let them hit us type stuff and a few judicial changes, and I expect we'll offer far more than you think we will.

Romero will get over the line and three/possibly four more additions could transform our prospects if they settle quickly - all big 'if's' but during transition periods it's all you can hope for.

I have to hold my hand up and admit that I care about the bottom line, without it IMO we don't have a team let alone a magnificent stadium and training facilities.