Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 91 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Paratici has a massive job on his hands. He's unlikely to get everything done this window.

He seems to attend every training session and game. He's never off his phone.

Nuno might not have been anyone's first choice but he'll make it infinitely more fun than the last 2/3 years.

I think we have plenty to be excited by.

And that's all well & good.

If we sell Harry which is looking very likely atm & we don't strengthen our starting eleven accordingly, what do you think the response will be from the paying fans?

I dunno? Could you actually moan more? If so then I imagine that.

If Harry leaves, we will have at least 1 new starting player. We can't leave that until the last week though.

Paratici has a massive job on his hands. He's unlikely to get everything done this window.

He seems to attend every training session and game. He's never off his phone.

Nuno might not have been anyone's first choice but he'll make it infinitely more fun than the last 2/3 years.

I think we have plenty to be excited by.
Absolutely. Lifting the cloud left by the 'Dull one' alone added spice and excitement. The refreshing change to the hierarchy too offers hope and yes, a lot of busy bodies and a full house at 'the lane' to look forward too. No hiding this time round!

Given that we're having to go back a couple of steps to go forward this season I'm not really concerned about the timing of our signings vis-a-vis the start of the season.

But it is absolutely crucial we get the right players in.

I'll settle for a slow start followed by a gathering of momentum leading to a strong finish to the season.

I dunno? Could you actually moan more? If so then I imagine that.

If Harry leaves, we will have at least 1 new starting player. We can't leave that until the last week though.
If the club responds in the right manner then we needn't worry. Paratici has still much to do though. It remains to be seen if he can pull off a minor miracle in the next few weeks. Romero would be the perfect start.

Given that we're having to go back a couple of steps to go forward this season I'm not really concerned about the timing of our signings vis-a-vis the start of the season.

But it is absolutely crucial we get the right players in.

I'll settle for a slow start followed by a gathering of momentum leading to a strong finish to the season.
I had accepted it being a transition season, though for all the good reasons, it would be desirable to be knocking on the top 4 door.

The three pre-season games so far gave absolutely no clue to how we will be configured for the season. The non-returning and mysteriously missing as well as the Kane saga leave a lot of questions for the fans. The next two games should give a better idea. If we get a couple more over the line in the next week, I'd be chuffed.

I'm fairly happy with our cover at GK, LB, DM, CM and AM.
I would like to hear more noise about RB and Striker positions. I thought we needed a good striker even with Kane on board. We may need 2 and the silence is deafening.

If Aurier came good and Doherty woke up, plus Tanganga decided on RB instead of CB the RB position is still so, so. Rumours suggest all 3 could be in the departure lounge.

I'm fairly happy with our cover at GK, LB, DM, CM and AM.
I would like to hear more noise about RB and Striker positions. I thought we needed a good striker even with Kane on board. We may need 2 and the silence is deafening.

If Aurier came good and Doherty woke up, plus Tanganga decided on RB instead of CB the RB position is still so, so. Rumours suggest all 3 could be in the departure lounge.
Cover is all well & good but our first team is weak in many positions. Aurier has always been a mistake waiting to happen, Doherty isn’t great at defending as he likes to bomb forward, Tanganga doesn’t have the pace for RB. So an upgrade at RB is essential. We all know this & have done for ages. Our CB’s are either terrible or developing. I like Rodon & I believe Tanganga will make a good CB in the future but the rest would never get into a top 4 team. Again, known for ages.
Ndombeke is the laziest player I’ve seen in a Spurs shirt for a long time! We have a weak central core.
How do we fix this??? We go & get a back up GK to replace Hugo next season & a 20 year old. Great to have cover but we need the first team sorted!!
I just don’t understand why we’ve wasted time waiting for Paratici to come in before we started trying to get players. To think the process stops until his first day is naive

Did I read somewhere that Parrott was off to MK Dons on loan?...

Their manager got approached by Swansea and looks set to leave! Not sure if that will impact the loan...
Sadly it's already been announced by MK Dons so likely no turning back. But if I were Spurs/his agent I would be looking at every loophole possible to delaying/cancelling until it is clearer as to what is happening there.

Surely we can’t be going into a new season with the same two calamitous right backs we finished the last season with .
Tanga is good but playing in the wrong position unless he is going to be our full time full back .
Nobody to replace Toby is a disaster , if that happens . We need a leader at the back , and a leader in midfield .
I suppose everyone else we have , will do well if we get the leaders to organise them .
I don’t understand why the start of the season has taken a backward step over the last couple of years . Nearly every team has players not ready or not integrated ,

Baffles me .

Surely we can’t be going into a new season with the same two calamitous right backs we finished the last season with .
Tanga is good but playing in the wrong position unless he is going to be our full time full back .
Nobody to replace Toby is a disaster , if that happens . We need a leader at the back , and a leader in midfield .
I suppose everyone else we have , will do well if we get the leaders to organise them .
I don’t understand why the start of the season has taken a backward step over the last couple of years . Nearly every team has players not ready or not integrated ,

Baffles me .

It's always about the big dominoes and they seem later this year. It's also a cashflow exercise for clubs like us, especially this year as we have one big binary deal in Kane.

Our nightmare will be watching Aarons and White line up against us in the NLD. Grealish will be lining up for the champions. The ones that could have been ours years ago if we had a proactive transfer strategy and execution.

When Aurier, Toby, Sissoko, Winks and Lamela have gone, we won't be any weaker though. It is when Lloris, Sanchez and Kane leave that we get weaker.

It's always about the big dominoes and they seem later this year. It's also a cashflow exercise for clubs like us, especially this year as we have one big binary deal in Kane.

Our nightmare will be watching Aarons and White line up against us in the NLD. Grealish will be lining up for the champions. The ones that could have been ours years ago if we had a proactive transfer strategy and execution.

When Aurier, Toby, Sissoko, Winks and Lamela have gone, we won't be any weaker though. It is when Lloris, Sanchez and Kane leave that we get weaker.
The most frightening thought is it could be a lot sooner than we all think.

The most frightening thought is it could be a lot sooner than we all think.

Well the only distraction left is the Olympics. Pretty much all of the Euro and COPA players will be back this week.

Gil is signed, but plays against Tomiyasu in a couple of days time. One of them leaves Tokyo and could be in London by next weekend. I think it will be Tomiyasu.

Losing Lloris will make us weaker as at the moment we have no idea how effective our new GK will be.
The loss of senior pro’s, replaced by youth, is also a big hit for us. We need to add quality into our first team & not the squad at the moment. At this rate we’ll have Aurier & Doherty as RB & a straight fight between Dier, Rodon & Tanga for CB. The thought is worrying! I like Rodon but he needs a commanding, experienced head next to him to develop to his full potential

Losing Lloris will make us weaker as at the moment we have no idea how effective our new GK will be.
The loss of senior pro’s, replaced by youth, is also a big hit for us. We need to add quality into our first team & not the squad at the moment. At this rate we’ll have Aurier & Doherty as RB & a straight fight between Dier, Rodon & Tanga for CB. The thought is worrying! I like Rodon but he needs a commanding, experienced head next to him to develop to his full potential

Mostly aligned with your logic, with one slight difference. Nuno's systems and tactics are a bigger factor than new signings. We obviously need both.

The club has my full blessing to make the decisions that are right for the long term in any given week in August. Quite honestly, if the right offers come in this week for Hugo, Hart, Aurier and Sanchez, then take them. If that means we have a gap of 2-3 weeks including the City game before replacements come in, then so be it.

For me, it's all about what the squad looks like on Sep 1st. Nuno's system is the most important thing at this stage. He needs to drill it into every squad member and as the inevitable new signings happen they can learn the system around the existing players before slotting in. Then we get stronger as the season evolves.

August is going to be a blast. We'll have games coming thick and fast and a constant stream of exits and joiners, not to mention the constant speculation.

Where's Denis Norden when you need him?

I completely agree.

Fergie unlike Mourinho was never afraid to use the kids. He always said if they're good enough, they're good enough to play. People still romanticise about them to this day & yet so many seem to overlook the wealth of experience he had at his disposal. Without them they would have won nothing. All his great teams had an experienced core which provided the platform for the youngsters to flourish. Sadly we're nowhere near that level.

Baffles me .
I'm assuming that, given their past involvements together, Nuno believes that he can get far more from Doherty than we saw last season.
As far as CB is concerned, although he hasn't signed yet, I reckon that the assumption is that Romero will definitely be with us by the start of the season, we'd be crazy to screw this one up for the sake of a few million.
If I were to predict our starting line up for the match against City, I think we may see Tanganga, Romero, and Rodon as three CB's, with Doherty and Reguilon as wing backs.
For the other six positions Lloris, Ndombele, Lo Celso if he's fit, Dele and Sonny are all pretty much definites, which leaves one remaining place for you know, who I believe has already been ruled out of the City game. Perhaps we'll see Gil, with Sonny playing centrally.

... & yet Harry still wants to leave.
steve, sorry but Harry wants to leave, 2 main reasons other than nice shiny things to catch dust lol!

1 Get himself a massive pay rise, simple

2 Achieve a big block buster payment for numpty bruv who will be made for life, again simple.

Just my opinion, cheers mate.