Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 9 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

If Levy has his way, it certainly seems that way. If Jose doesn't have a Man Utd style meltdown in public, causing the problems to the Spurs "brand", I think he is pretty safe.

Its more about players though.

Jose not having the crowd on his back has saved him time. The spurs fans are one of the most vocal when things aren't going well.

I have always felt Levy won't pull the trigger until next season. He hasn't learned from his past mistakes and never will.

Levy/ENIC will continue to be the biggest problem long after Jose.

What sort of rebuid do you guys think we need. As a starter for 10 maybe something along these lines
Lloris - Release - Bring in Pope maybe
Hart - Keep
Aurier - Keep
Doherty - Sell - bring in Aarons
Reggie - Keep
Rodon - Keep
Dier - Undecided
Sanchez - Sell - Bring in Vestergard
Toby - Sell - Bring in Dunk
Tanganga - Keep
Davies - Sell bring in ???
PEH - Keep
Winks - Sell - Bring in Sabitzer
Dele - Keep
Sissoko - Sell - Promote Skipp
Lo Celso - Keep
Ndombele - Keep
Lamela - Sell - Bring in Raphina or Coutinho (loan deal)
Moura - Keep
Son - Keep
Kane - Sell if he wants to go - Bring in Ings or Aguero
Bale - Return - Bring in Dybala
Vinicius - Undecided

Last edited:
What sort of rebuid do you guys think we need. As a starter for 10 maybe something along these lines
Hart - Keep
Aurier - Keep
Reggie - Keep
Rodon - Keep
Dier - Undecided
Tanganga - Keep
PEH - Keep
Dele - Keep
Lo Celso - Keep
Ndombele - Keep
Moura - Keep
Son - Keep
Vinicius - Undecided
Haha rackney seems way to easy, have you forgotten this is Spurs your talking about.

Hart - Keep
Aurier - Keep
Reggie - Keep
Rodon - Keep
Dier - Undecided
Tanganga - Keep
PEH - Keep
Dele - Keep
Lo Celso - Keep
Ndombele - Keep
Moura - Keep
Son - Keep
Vinicius - Undecided

Here's the age of your players by the start of next season:

Pope 28
Aarons 21
Vestergard 29
Dunk 29
Sabitzer 27
Rafihna 28
Coutinho 29
Ings 29
Aguero 33
Dybala 27

So in answer to your question, Spurs shouldn't buy a clutch of players in this age bracket. I just don't think it suits the model.

So I would be thinking more on the lines of some selections from a younger group:

GK Areola 28
RB Aarons 21/ Matt Cash 23
CD Ben White 23 / Romagnoli 26 (in contract dispute at Milan) / Kabak 21 (only on loan at Liverpool)
CM - Yves Bissouma 24 / Anguissa 25
AM - Lookman 23
Fwd - Edouard 23

I think you have to consider a bigger contribution from Sess, Skipp, Japhet, White etc as well as rebuilding a homegrown core.

Pope 28
Aarons 21
Vestergard 29
Dunk 29
Sabitzer 27
Rafihna 28
Coutinho 29
Ings 29
Aguero 33
Dybala 27

So in answer to your question, Spurs shouldn't buy a clutch of players in this age bracket. I just don't think it suits the model.

So I would be thinking more on the lines of some selections from a younger group:

GK Areola 28
CD Ben White 23 / Romagnoli 26 (in contract dispute at Milan) / Kabak 21 (only on loan at Liverpool)
AM - Lookman 23
Fwd - Edouard 23

I think you have to consider a bigger contribution from Sess, Skipp, Japhet, White etc as well as rebuilding a homegrown core.

The first group is a quintessential Moron-hoe team. The second is a universe away from anything he'd ever consider.

Pope 28
Aarons 21
Vestergard 29
Dunk 29
Sabitzer 27
Rafihna 28
Coutinho 29
Ings 29
Aguero 33
Dybala 27

GK Areola 28
AM - Lookman 23
Fwd - Edouard 23

It was just a starting point Mutts. Looking at the likelihood that we may not have any European football and that we may have lost our best player. Unfortunately no matter how much we love the club the name will not be a big draw. Not having Champions League dictates the calibre of player we can get. No Europa League and the pool of established players gets smaller. Oh and we dont pay the top wages that the mercenaries will ask for.
Our scouting team have proved that they are not up to the task of unearthing talent like other clubs do so the cold reality is this is what we are looking at or we try the kids and see where we get.

And do you know what if we had invested when we should have done we may have been challenging for 4 trophies now and may have had a CL trophy in the cabinet. This is what hurts and it really was fine margins.

Last edited:

Pope 28
Aarons 21
Vestergard 29
Dunk 29
Sabitzer 27
Rafihna 28
Coutinho 29
Ings 29
Aguero 33
Dybala 27

GK Areola 28
AM - Lookman 23
Fwd - Edouard 23

Completely agree with you on the focus on getting a young core of players. I want the squad to be hungry, energetic and with good potential to grow.

I like the look of so many of the payers you mention, but the problem is their contract lengths and the likes of Brighton (probably) not getting relegated. That will push the prices up above.

Edouard is a player I have mentioned a good bit on here and he will likely be available for a good price this summer. But I worry about how fans will take to him as he certainly has incredible ability but he does come across as a bit lazy at times. We could certainly do a lot worse than him for a replacement for Kane/Vinicius.

Joachim Andersen
Max Aarons
Jonathan Bamba

Those would be my three main targets if we keep the likes of Kane and Son. If we sell Kane then I'd have other suggestions to add.

The only players I want to see us definitely sell/leave are Doherty, Toby, Sissoko, Gazzaniga, Foyth, Rose and CCV.

I want to see Skipp and Sessegnon given chances. I would be a fan of signing Vinicius on a permanent but I'm also cautious about our homegrown player issues.

Joachim Andersen
Max Aarons
Jonathan Bamba

Those would be my three main targets if we keep the likes of Kane and Son. If we sell Kane then I'd have other suggestions to add.

The only players I want to see us definitely sell/leave are Doherty, Toby, Sissoko, Gazzaniga, Foyth, Rose and CCV.

I want to see Skipp and Sessegnon given chances. I would be a fan of signing Vinicius on a permanent but I'm also cautious about our homegrown player issues.

Vini no. He's nowhere near PL level and he is 27. Ndombele yes. In the right environment, including working with Scott Parker, I think Tanguy would thrive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy......

I'm going with our #1 priority player need being a World Class #1 Goalie. Full stop.
Over the past couple seasons, this would've been a seriously advantageous position to be stronger in, and we are now about to reach a desperate phase, and the perfect time to sign the Keeper of the next decade for Spurs. Love Hugo, but he's always been a shitty distributor, and his shot-stopping has come into question a bit too much of late.

After that, I'm not too concerned about our current squad. in the right hands, with a clear and effective gameday tactical approach, I think this current team can, at their very best, compete wit any team in any competition in the World.

___________GK___________
Tanga_Toby_Rodon_Reg
_________Winks_________
_____Dele___NDomb___
Bale________________Son
_________Kane__________

This ^^ is where I'd start. With.....

__________Hart___________
Doh_Snchz_Davies_RSess
__________Skipp_________
______GLC___Lucas_______
Clarke_____________StvieB
__________Parrot_________

No room for: Dier; Sissoko; PEH; Aurier; & Rose (obviously). Get rid of post haste, for however many chips you can steal from someone.

Add and subtract to get your final squad with whatever comings & goings, but frankly I just don't see any need for some psycho giant squad overhaul. Feels like we just did that. and just becuasse this supposed Wizard can't fuken coach himself out of a wet paper bag, I'm not throwing this excellent squad out with his shitty water.

Kane goes? Ok, sux, go sign a world class striker. if Kane is sold you'll damn sure have the £££

I said before, there are 2 MASSIVE players that'd lobby to join under the right regime, and this current one is not it.

It was just a starting point Mutts. Looking at the likelihood that we may not have any European football and that we may have lost our best player. Unfortunately no matter how much we love the club the name will not be a big draw. Not having Champions League dictates the calibre of player we can get. No Europa League and the pool of established players gets smaller. Oh and we dont pay the top wages that the mercenaries will ask for.
Our scouting team have proved that they are not up to the task of unearthing talent like other clubs do so the cold reality is this is what we are looking at or we try the kids and see where we get.
rackny stop talking sensible about Spurs, lol!

There are a lot of talented youngsters who deserve a place in the squad. Sess, Clarke & Skipp should all return & Sissoko, Doherty, Rose & Dier should all be sold.

The only other signings we need are a CB & a keeper. I'm more than comfortable with Tang & Aurier battling it out for the RB spot.

There are a lot of talented youngsters who deserve a place in the squad. Sess, Clarke & Skipp should all return & Sissoko, Doherty, Rose & Dier should all be sold.

The only other signings we need are a CB & a keeper. I'm more than comfortable with Tang & Aurier battling it out for the RB spot.

Na Aurier isn't good enough. Time to move him on.

We should be looking to sign someone like Aaron's, Frimpong or Bogle at RB.A youngster with a high ceiling potential.

I have a horrible feeling that part of Jose's lasting damage will be giving Aurier another long contract taking him into his thirties. Spurs will look at their financial options and stay put rather than spend money they haven't got.