Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

The bottom line once again is Levy/the board have to back Levy yet again or sad him, the whole the club is now in could well mean he stays, irrespective of the turmoil and the football.

In case you haven't noticed Steve, that's the situation we are just about in now.
But we're not. We're 2 points off a CL spot & a matter of weeks away from a Cup Final. We can & most certainly should be doing much better than Harry poxy Redknapp.

But we're not. We're 2 points off a CL spot & a matter of weeks away from a Cup Final. We can & most certainly should be doing much better than Harry poxy Redknapp.
We thought a similar thing last season apart from the cup final. It was always a case of "if" we do this we have a chance to get top 4. But we never did. So far the last couple of months have shown that Jose can't get a consistent tune out of the squad which is needed to push into the CL places.

We thought a similar thing last season apart from the cup final. It was always a case of "if" we do this we have a chance to get top 4. But we never did. So far the last couple of months have shown that Jose can't get a consistent tune out of the squad which is needed to push into the CL places.
The thing is such a drastic change could be just as unsettling as sticking with Mo. Then what? Ta very much Harry.... now piss off.

The thing is such a drastic change could be just as unsettling as sticking with Mo. Then what? Ta very much Harry.... now piss off.
If sticking means just missing out again, then why not be unsettling and trying to instigate the change that drives us forward again. At worst we miss out on CL football, which we look like we are going to do anyway.

That's my opinion on cutting our losses with Jose but I do agree with the sentiment that Harry has had his go at Spurs already and turned his back on us despite the backing he received during his court case. There has to be better options out there.

If sticking means just missing out again, then why not be unsettling and trying to instigate the change that drives us forward again. At worst we miss out on CL football, which we look like we are going to do anyway.

That's my opinion on cutting our losses with Jose but I do agree with the sentiment that Harry has had his go at Spurs already and turned his back on us despite the backing he received during his court case. There has to be better options out there.

I never felt Harry was right for Spurs. I always thought he wouldn't be able to lose his small club traits. He was lucky that his predecessors had bought players like Modric and Bale. We also had a true legend in the back four, albeit on dodgy knees.

The league introduced the 25 man squad rule with 17 overseas players. Harry would start with 35 senior players every summer and ended up loaning out over 25's. Then he had the audacity to bash Levy for not spending even though he'd taken up the wage bill by 35% and hemorrhaged the money that way.

All that being said, I'd welcome him with open arms to get us through to the end of the season. Just throw him a brown paper envelope and let him bring a smile back on the player's faces.

I'm still unconvinced lads. I just don't see how a 6 week stint with an interim head coach can be deemed beneficial. If anything it's just as risky as sticking with Mo.

I seem to recall a certain Mr. Glenn Hoddle taking over from The Man in the Raincoat. I was most displeased. Let me explain why.

We had just won the League Cup with him at the turn of the year & a Cup double was on the cards. Just a week before the Cup SF we appointed Glenn who went on to lose the game. I'll always remember the sense of bitter disappointment. Not because he was appointed but because of the timing of his appointment. I thought it was a very rash decision at the time. If we were do it again i'd feel no different. In a one off game i'd still view Mo as an asset despite the turmoil he's created.

I'm still unconvinced lads. I just don't see how a 6 week stint with an interim head coach can be deemed beneficial. If anything it's just as risky as sticking with Mo.

I seem to recall a certain Mr. Glenn Hoddle taking over from The Man in the Raincoat. I was most displeased. Let me explain why.

We had just won the League Cup with him at the turn of the year & a Cup double was on the cards. Just a week before the Cup SF we appointed Glenn who went on to lose the game. I'll always remember the sense of bitter disappointment. Not because he was appointed but because of the timing of his appointment. I thought it was a very rash decision at the time. If we were do it again i'd feel no different. In a one off game i'd still view Mo as an asset despite the turmoil he's created.

That is the risk. A couple of years back, we all saw how motivated the players were in the CL quarters and semis and how demotivated they were in the league games. It was relegation form.

It's possible that they could play like a pack of animals against City and win the game even with Mourinho. They were certainly up for it in the autumn and did the job.

That is the risk. A couple of years back, we all saw how motivated the players were in the CL quarters and semis and how demotivated they were in the league games. It was relegation form.

It's possible that they could play like a pack of animals against City and win the game even with Mourinho. They were certainly up for it in the autumn and did the job.
Looking back on that season my feeling is the players were playing for personal glory in the CL. The spur was a rare chance to win a medal in a Spurs shirt. And one of the games biggest honours. Whereas the league offered, at best, a top 4 spot. Maybe qualifying for the CL had lost its novelty a little bit? For players like Eriksen, who clearly thought he was leaving in the summer, it was no incentive.

This isn't unique to Spurs' players though. We've seen Arsenal win numerous FA Cups in recent years - often against top teams - but the same players perform abjectly in the league.

So there is a possibility we could see the same against City. A lot will depend on how Jose sets the team up. Of course, the players could ignore his game plan and go for personal glory.

Looking back on that season my feeling is the players were playing for personal glory in the CL. The spur was a rare chance to win a medal in a Spurs shirt. And one of the games biggest honours. Whereas the league offered, at best, a top 4 spot. Maybe qualifying for the CL had lost its novelty a little bit? For players like Eriksen, who clearly thought he was leaving in the summer, it was no incentive.

This isn't unique to Spurs' players though. We've seen Arsenal win numerous FA Cups in recent years - often against top teams - but the same players perform abjectly in the league.

So there is a possibility we could see the same against City. A lot will depend on how Jose sets the team up. Of course, the players could ignore his game plan and go for personal glory.

Personal glory might have been part of it. What people didn't realise was, the pot they shared for winning each round was vast, compared to their guaranteed pay packet for turning up on a Saturday. I would say personal bank balance was their bigger motive.

Anyway, this is sort of a moot point. The 8 league games are mission critical for Jose. If we lose the plot in these and come 8th or 9th, Levy should be smart enough to know that's what is going to happen next season, cup win or no cup win.

Jose needs to either put the "pretend mask" back on or figure out how to change. He can't carry on being his current persona and survive.

Would take Harry Redknapp back in a heartbeat. He was tactically wanting in the big games but without a doubt I enjoyed his tenure here more than anyone else since Burkinshaw.

Would take Harry Redknapp back in a heartbeat. He was tactically wanting in the big games but without a doubt I enjoyed his tenure here more than anyone else since Burkinshaw.

Nah...time for us to go in a different direction. I would like a young up and coming manager...

If the information I was told last night is correct, then our next 10 years will be shaped by the next 2 months. If it is true, Mourinho is going nowhere.

If the information I was told last night is correct, then our next 10 years will be shaped by the next 2 months. If it is true, Mourinho is going nowhere.

If our next 10 years is going to be shaped by the next 2 months...we are screwed.

Are you saying Mourinho's position is safe regardless of worst-case outcome this season?

If Levy has his way, it certainly seems that way. If Jose doesn't have a Man Utd style meltdown in public, causing the problems to the Spurs "brand", I think he is pretty safe.

Its more about players though.