Transfer Window - Summer 2021 | Page 10 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - Summer 2021

Na Aurier isn't good enough. Time to move him on.

We should be looking to sign someone like Aaron's, Frimpong or Bogle at RB.A youngster with a high ceiling potential.
There's an article in The Times today saying Everton are putting together a package to get Aarons and, apparently, he is interested in joining.

I think VS members rate Aarons higher than Jose does so it's probably a non-starter for us any way.

Also, weren't Bayern strongly linked with him last summer?

I have a horrible feeling that part of Jose's lasting damage will be giving Aurier another long contract taking him into his thirties. Spurs will look at their financial options and stay put rather than spend money they haven't got.
muttley I really do hope what you just wrote is complete crap, but I wont be counting my Cockerels on it.

I have a horrible feeling that part of Jose's lasting damage will be giving Aurier another long contract taking him into his thirties. Spurs will look at their financial options and stay put rather than spend money they haven't got.

Well we gave Sissoko and Lamela new deals and we didn't need Jose to do that.

I would say it's an ambition thing from the top down. They have and always will go for the cheapest option.

Be careful what you wish for in asking for new owners. Personally I think we just need to move Levy away from some of the football side of operations.

American NFL owner, please. They know how to merchandise and they would love to have salary constraints removed in a sporting environment. ANd they ALWAYS want to win.

American NFL owner, please. They know how to merchandise and they would love to have salary constraints removed in a sporting environment. ANd they ALWAYS want to win.

Whatever happened to Philip Anschutz's interest in buying a Prem club? Probably too old now.

Na Aurier isn't good enough. Time to move him on.

We should be looking to sign someone like Aaron's, Frimpong or Bogle at RB.A youngster with a high ceiling potential.
I'm going on the proviso if we were to keep Harry, which would mean limited funding once again. If we were to sell him i'd wager Levy would be willing to sanction such a deal. The thing is he won't come cheap.

Must admit, the Fulham loan recruitment model is interesting.

Their 1st teamers include loanees Areola, Maja, Lookman, Lemina, Andersen, Loftus-Cheek, Aina.

Whilst they are going to get relegated, I think all of these younger guys have left it all out there on the pitch for Scotty Parker as they are playing for their next moves or a place back in the 1st team of their parent club. We had the same great attitude with Gedson and Vini, but obviously not Bale. He has his own agenda.

Andersen is a curious one. Spurs are apparently all over him but is a right-footed centre half. He has a contract at Lyon until 2024 so won't come cheap. Could there be a scenario where only one of Dier, Toby and Sanchez are at the club come August? Perhaps none.

Must admit, the Fulham loan recruitment model is interesting.

Their 1st teamers include loanees Areola, Maja, Lookman, Lemina, Andersen, Loftus-Cheek, Aina.

Whilst they are going to get relegated, I think all of these younger guys have left it all out there on the pitch for Scotty Parker as they are playing for their next moves or a place back in the 1st team of their parent club. We had the same great attitude with Gedson and Vini, but obviously not Bale. He has his own agenda.

Andersen is a curious one. Spurs are apparently all over him but is a right-footed centre half. He has a contract at Lyon until 2024 so won't come cheap. Could there be a scenario where only one of Dier, Toby and Sanchez are at the club come August? Perhaps none.
I reckon Toby's as good as gone. Dier could very well be off if we can bring in our desired targets.

I believe Harry is as good as gone. Top 4 is a non event & Euro glory went up in a puff of smoke. Why would he stay?

If Kane/Son stay then back Jose with 3-4 new signings.

A GK, right back, centre back, CM and I believe he could turn this team around.

If Kane (and or Son) leave then I think we need a new manager in for a proper rebuild.

If Kane/Son stay then back Jose with 3-4 new signings.

A GK, right back, centre back, CM and I believe he could turn this team around.

If Kane (and or Son) leave then I think we need a new manager in for a proper rebuild.

When does Kane get his next bout of burnout though? He's come back after lockdown and finished the 19/20 season. He's then played a pretty fully loaded 20/21 season and goes straight into the Euro's. I'm guessing at some point in the 21/22 season he'll either get burnout or an injury. He's already pacing himself through games and has lowered his workrate.

Also gets you wondering whether buying great players from poor international sides could be a good tactic. That is especially with the World Cup being in the middle of the 22/23 season. It will be a 6 week break for some, and a very long season for the players participating.

In a weird way, bad timing might be about to scupper any hopes Kane has of leaving. Post-Covid economies working against pre-Covid player inflation. Man Utd and PSG look to be Kane's options, with the former thinking they can pay less than £90m and the latter possibly not being a move of choice.

Man City seem dead-set on Haaland.