Transfer Window - January 2022 | Page 129 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2022

So many things out in the ether.... Players being offered all over the place.

Might be a crazy last day across the footballing world. There are deals to be made.

Anyone thinking Kulesevski was some kind of last minute desperate get, could not be further from the truth. This deal began well before the window opened. This is a good signing, that had the full backing of all whom matter.

Spurs will be (have been) afforded some real interesting chances at player in the last days. Wonder if they'll sign one or two?

My tuppence worth on Kulu and Bent...

I am no scout, have limited player knowledge, so a basic Danny Rose-ing and Youtubing, my impression is that both are ball playing guys, better than the statues that we are presently training. Our midfield and backline is mostly 'keep it simple', pause and make an easy pass with an occasional cutting movement. Moura is the only one that can carry the ball from deep to attack, though head down. It's been Moura or Kane dropping deep to pick a pass, thus our limited progressive football. IMO, these players seem natural ball players which should make us more pleasing to watch and potent. I think one of WInks or Skipp will make way and possibly Moura sacrificed for the other place.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Berg heading out. One swallow (2 goals v Leicester) doesn't make a summer.

Last edited:
My tuppence worth on Kulu and Bent...

I am no scout, have limited player knowledge, so a basic Danny Rose-ing and Youtubing, my impression is that both are ball playing guys, better than the statues that we are presently training. Our midfield and backline is mostly 'keep it simple', pause and make an easy pass with an occasional cutting movement. Moura is the only one that can carry the ball from deep to attack, though head down. It's been Moura or Kane dropping deep to pick a pass, thus our limited progressive football. IMO, these players seem natural ball players which should make us more pleasing to watch and potent. I think one of WInks or Skipp will make way and possibly Moura sacrificed for the other place.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Berg heading out. One swallow (2 goals v Leicester) doesn't make a summer.

The only way Bergwijn leaves is if we have someone ready to come in to take his place. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but that is the situation. Conte rates him as a left side winger/striker

The only way Bergwijn leaves is if we have someone ready to come in to take his place. That doesn't mean it won't happen, but that is the situation. Conte rates him as a left side winger/striker
Fair observation. I have a sneaky feeling it could be the last area being addressed?! Up until the TW, Dele and Berg were the main options for that AM role.....behind Sonny that is!

Kulu & Bent may turn out to be stars for us but from what I’ve seen, they’re nothing more than industrious players.
I struggle to get excited by industrious players that play in the forward line like Kulu will & end up wondering what our scouting network are doing as there has to be better out there than that! People will gloss over the transfer window but we’re yet again left to pick our wounds after missing out on 2 main targets & picking up 2 others with limited challenge, which I often think says it all really!

It didn't take much scouting to agree to take two failed Juve players off their hands. The guy that signed them originally and the guy who used to work for them and may still be on their payroll arranged it.
On the scale of mediocrity where do these two come ?
Juve rejects when we should be signing players they aspire to have if we want to close the gap that Conte keeps on about.
I will reserve judgement but neither are exciting signings are they ? Speculative and unproven in the PL like the other foreign players Paratici signed. 3 of the 4 have not moved us forward and the fourth is as yet pretty much untested.

I think people will need to have a bit of faith in these transfers. Kulusevski has been a transfer plan since summer and Juve are only selling him because they needed to be able to fund Vlahovic. They were going to wait until summer, but it was a risk they couldn't afford to take in the end. Conte wanted Kulu at Inter and Fabio thinks he has huge potential.

Bentancur is a wise transfer. Decent player who could grow even better still. He does offer something different in CM to our other guys and he could end up giving Conte the freedom to press further up the pitch without fear of getting caught out.

As for who else we might get, people are speculating that we have 2 positions we are going to push for tomorrow. I thought it would be ST and LCB but it could be ST and RWB.

I will reserve judgement but neither are exciting signings are they ? Speculative and unproven in the PL like the other foreign players Paratici signed. 3 of the 4 have not moved us forward and the fourth is as yet pretty much untested.

The really obvious thing about our summer signings are they are all suited to the way Nuno wanted to set up. Emerson at right full back (not wingback), Romero at CB, Gil as a speedster winger and Gollini as a backup keeper.

Under Conte... Emerson is a far better fullback and he struggles to play further up the pitch. Gil doesn't know how to play as an inverted winger at all, which is where Conte was trying him. Romero needs to get fit but he looks decent because he is still has the same role as under Nuno. Gollini is still nothing more than a backup keeper.

These new signings are far more suited to a Conte system. If anything it proves that Paratici is paying attention to his head coach and the system he plays. I'd definitely reserve judgement for now. The team needs these changes. They will improve us, I'm sure of it. It's just a case of if they help improve us so much we sneak top 4.

The really obvious thing about our summer signings are they are all suited to the way Nuno wanted to set up. Emerson at right full back (not wingback), Romero at CB, Gil as a speedster winger and Gollini as a backup keeper.

Under Conte... Emerson is a far better fullback and he struggles to play further up the pitch. Gil doesn't know how to play as an inverted winger at all, which is where Conte was trying him. Romero needs to get fit but he looks decent because he is still has the same role as under Nuno. Gollini is still nothing more than a backup keeper.

These new signings are far more suited to a Conte system. If anything it proves that Paratici is paying attention to his head coach and the system he plays. I'd definitely reserve judgement for now. The team needs these changes. They will improve us, I'm sure of it. It's just a case of if they help improve us so much we sneak top 4.
It will certainly help having somebody who actually wants to be here & isn't constantly injured.

You make a good point about both fitting Conte's system. Both are athletic/physical figures but both have an eye for a pass, something we've been lacking for some considerable time. Yes Harry can drop deep & create but we need him up top doing what he does best... finishing.

I'd be surprised to see any more incomings but if we could move Doherty on perhaps we could land our RWB. No idea who that could be but i'll be keeping both fingers crossed we can shift him out before tomorrow nights deadline.

I think people will need to have a bit of faith in these transfers. Kulusevski has been a transfer plan since summer and Juve are only selling him because they needed to be able to fund Vlahovic. They were going to wait until summer, but it was a risk they couldn't afford to take in the end. Conte wanted Kulu at Inter and Fabio thinks he has huge potential.

Bentancur is a wise transfer. Decent player who could grow even better still. He does offer something different in CM to our other guys and he could end up giving Conte the freedom to press further up the pitch without fear of getting caught out.

As for who else we might get, people are speculating that we have 2 positions we are going to push for tomorrow. I thought it would be ST and LCB but it could be ST and RWB.

You can't blame people for being sceptical. Not one of Fabios buys have nailed down a 1st 11 spot yet.

Golli looks useless.

Romero looks like a red card waiting to happen every game.

Emerson clearly isn't fancied by Conte. Looks a very average football player.

Gil already loaned out.

I'm still very unimpressed with the calibre we are buying. His obsession with Serie A is not a good sign.

I can't see either helping us get into the top 3 mix.

I'm still seeing a quantity over quality approach which will never win a club trophies on a regular basis whilst the 1st 11 isn't improved.

I'm hoping Rodrigo hits the ground running. I can't see Kulu getting in ahead of Lucas yet.

You can't blame people for being sceptical. Not one of Fabios buys have nailed down a 1st 11 spot yet.

Golli looks useless.

Gil already loaned out.

I'm still very unimpressed with the calibre we are buying. His obsession with Serie A is not a good sign.

I'm still seeing a quantity over a quality approach which will never win a club trophies on a regular basis whilst the 1st 11 isn't improved.

I'm hoping Rodrigo hits the ground running. I can't see Kulu getting in ahead of Lucas yet.

Golli does look an average keeper for sure.

Romero looks like a bit of quality and looks like he has alot of improvement in him still.

Emerson; we now know (typical us) has had an upper hamstring issue since he joined us, which may explain his poor mobility, so he looked like he was beginning to settle and improve and then went downhill - he deserves a bit more time before we completely write him off.

Gil is liked and has a role to play, but he needs hard game time and to keep following his new fitness and muscle regime that he's now following; he looks to have the skills and technique but lacks finesse and physical strength.

As for the two new guys, they look physical and have no little talent, they should be fit and as we have to build in stages again should give us a little bit of quality in depth., and genuine competition in midfield...

let's hope they settle., and remain injury-free whilst they are.

As for trophies, the first goal must be to get back into the champions league.

Golli looks useless.

Gil already loaned out.

I'm still seeing a quantity over quality approach which will never win a club trophies on a regular basis whilst the 1st 11 isn't improved.

I expect most of us are skeptical, but at the same time prefer some signings to 18/19’s top signing, “none.” I was most skeptical over the supposed “Conte will turn Traore into a RWB” plan so I wasn’t very disappointed to see that fall through.

Conte seems apt to put new players into lineups if he believes they’re fit and will follow instructions, so we should get to see for ourselves in the next few weeks.

I dont know.... If we get the NDomb & GLC loans done, sign the Swede & the Uraguyan, and then that one more....

Comparatively I'd call that a pretty decent winter window of business.

Two toxic personalities out of the club and out of squad consideration, two very decent footballers that have real upside to their potential in positions of need, for very fair prices.

Like for like, I'd take Kulesevski over Gio, and 100000% Bentacour over NDomb.

Its an improvement, and brings in players the Coach wants.

Could be a happy moment before its all over.

:smoke:

I dont know.... If we get the NDomb & GLC loans done, sign the Swede & the Uraguyan, and then that one more....

Comparatively I'd call that a pretty decent winter window of business.

Two toxic personalities out of the club and out of squad consideration, two very decent footballers that have real upside to their potential in positions of need, for very fair prices.

Like for like, I'd take Kulesevski over Gio, and 100000% Bentacour over NDomb.

Its an improvement, and brings in players the Coach wants.

Could be a happy moment before its all over.

:smoke:

They are not like for like positionally are they ? As for taking them over Gio and Ndombele, thats not difficult as neither are wanted or being picked.

They are not like for like positionally are they ? As for taking them over Gio and Ndombele, thats not difficult as neither are wanted or being picked.

Well Kulesevski will play where Gio was playing, and Bentacour will play where NDomb was playing, so........

And if neither were being picked, and the newcomers do, then that is tangible proof of squad improvement.

Maybe give them a chance to suit up before you write them off.

Really nice to see Eriksen resume his career at Brentford, hope it all goes well for him. Shame we have already played our home game against them, I'm sure he would have received a fantastic welcome despite everything that happened at the end of his time with us.