Transfer Window - January 2022 | Page 130 | Vital Football

Transfer Window - January 2022

Bentancur will be the link between defence and mid that we have missed. It should hopefully stop us relying on Hojbjerg as a DM, who lacks concentration and is more likely to yell at others before realising he was at fault for not following a runner. Hojbjerg is better further up the pitch as a ball-winner.

What will be really interesting is how this impacts Skipp. We could see Conte start to really try to tap into Skipp's ability and unleash the box to box player we know he could be.

Bentancur will be the link between defence and mid that we have missed. It should hopefully stop us relying on Hojbjerg as a DM, who lacks concentration and is more likely to yell at others before realising he was at fault for not following a runner. Hojbjerg is better further up the pitch as a ball-winner.

What will be really interesting is how this impacts Skipp. We could see Conte start to really try to tap into Skipp's ability and unleash the box to box player we know he could be.

I'm hoping Hojberg gets competition for his role, he is so slow, he kills us in transition.

I dont know.... If we get the NDomb & GLC loans done, sign the Swede & the Uraguyan, and then that one more....

Comparatively I'd call that a pretty decent winter window of business.

Two toxic personalities out of the club and out of squad consideration, two very decent footballers that have real upside to their potential in positions of need, for very fair prices.

Like for like, I'd take Kulesevski over Gio, and 100000% Bentacour over NDomb.

Its an improvement, and brings in players the Coach wants.

Could be a happy moment before its all over.

:smoke:

Why is Gio considered a toxic personality? I haven't heard that levelled at him before.

He really isn't; his issue is not being fit enough for long enough to compete the way he should have. But I too haven't heard that he is 'toxic' although it is obviously known Conte has lost patience with his 'international' jaunts ..

He isn't toxic, but people have said he can be very "difficult" and a bit "sulky".

Well Kulesevski will play where Gio was playing, and Bentacour will play where NDomb was playing, so........

And if neither were being picked, and the newcomers do, then that is tangible proof of squad improvement.

Maybe give them a chance to suit up before you write them off.

Yes, so they replace 2 bench warmers.

What I'm interested to know is whether we can form a system with Kane, Son, Kulu, Bent and 1 other in either a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. For me, that would be Winks over Hojbjerg, Skipp, Moura and Bergwijn.

It would mean that Doherty would have to be the preferred RWB unless we buy one today.

Golli does look an average keeper for sure.

Romero looks like a bit of quality and looks like he has alot of improvement in him still.

Emerson; we now know (typical us) has had an upper hamstring issue since he joined us, which may explain his poor mobility, so he looked like he was beginning to settle and improve and then went downhill - he deserves a bit more time before we completely write him off.

Gil is liked and has a role to play, but he needs hard game time and to keep following his new fitness and muscle regime that he's now following; he looks to have the skills and technique but lacks finesse and physical strength.

As for the two new guys, they look physical and have no little talent, they should be fit and as we have to build in stages again should give us a little bit of quality in depth., and genuine competition in midfield...

let's hope they settle., and remain injury-free whilst they are.

As for trophies, the first goal must be to get back into the champions league.

With United acting like a bunch of loonies we and the scum won't get a better chance of getting CL.

It's an opportunity we must take.

Yes, so they replace 2 bench warmers.

What I'm interested to know is whether we can form a system with Kane, Son, Kulu, Bent and 1 other in either a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2. For me, that would be Winks over Hojbjerg, Skipp, Moura and Bergwijn.

It would mean that Doherty would have to be the preferred RWB unless we buy one today.

I just don't think Winks is good enough in a 2. He needs 2 runners either side IMO.

I can't see Conte swaying from a 343 unless it's needs must.

I hope you are right, as we have needed a CM like that for years. However I don't see a top passer in Bentancur. Not sure he is that type of player.

He looks like he reads the game well, and has some acceleration which helps him do the dirty stuff in front of the back 3.

Plenty of Juve fans saying he is very wasteful in possession.

Why is Gio considered a toxic personality? I haven't heard that levelled at him before.

To be waaay too blunt.... He's a whiny little bitch apparently. Rubs some people the wrong way. Brings questions to the extent of the problems he says he has. Overall negative impact in some peoples eyes.

"Not well liked". "Drags you down". "Sulky". "Whiny bitch". <-- like that.

To be waaay too blunt.... He's a whiny little bitch apparently. Rubs some people the wrong way. Brings questions to the extent of the problems he says he has. Overall negative impact in some peoples eyes.

"Not well liked". "Drags you down". "Sulky". "Whiny bitch". <-- like that.

Whatever his personality traits, which are probably heresay, his general demeanour and body language have never given the impression that he really wants to succeed at Spurs, really does give the impression that he's not much bothered.

Whatever his personality traits, which are probably heresay, his general demeanour and body language have never given the impression that he really wants to succeed at Spurs, really does give the impression that he's not much bothered.
I guess anyone who loves playing is likely to react this way if they are not getting what they think is a fair opportunity to prove themselves, and he has never been given a run of games to do so. That said, it's still a chicken and egg situation where he has to show in training that he can perform in a way and to a standard that meets with the managers approval.

Well Kulesevski will play where Gio was playing, and Bentacour will play where NDomb was playing, so........

And if neither were being picked, and the newcomers do, then that is tangible proof of squad improvement.

Maybe give them a chance to suit up before you write them off.

I didn't and haven't written them off. My point was it ain't hard to improve on Loco and Ndomble because they ain't playing. That doesn't necessarily mean the two new boys are the level we aspire to.

Being linked with the Toon as being after Yannick Carrasco

I'd wait to see how this develops before getting too excited. He is A.Madrid's best player this season so unless they are open to the idea of cashing in on him now, he is unlikely to get a move without a team paying big money for him. His contract runs until 2024.

What a signing he would be though.