Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 15 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

All the wba fans saying it won’t be them then
and we’re thinking exactly the same about us :rofl:

Last edited:
We can do much better than Clarke.

He's the sort of signing I'd expect us to make if we were certain JOC's coming back.

In the paper, Nixon says that Clarke's asking price is £5m, so I'd forget about it if that's the case. Brighton paid £3.5m a couple of years ago and he's never played for them. If he was in his early twenties then I could understand the price going up based on potential, but he should be in his peak years now so I don't see a justification for a profit. It'd be like us quoting teams £6.5m for Luke Freeman even though he hasn't been a success.

Clarke is 24 has played 77 championship in the last 2 years I'd reckon 5mill would be the going rate. Don't quite follow why we expect top dollar for our players but expect other to give theirs away don't think it works like that.

Sander Berge has also not travelled to Marbella, but speaking after yesterday's win, Jokanovic provided an update on their absence. Sander has a small, minor problem and will be sorted soon.

Might be me but every time I hear "minor problem" it concerns me.

Ten youngsters have signed scholarships with the club ahead of the start of the 2021/22 development season. Will Lankshear, Johnny Oluleye, Levis Pitan, Luke Faxon, Sai Sachdev, Charlie Staniland. George Dickinson, Ben Drake and Sydie Peck.

Good luck lads keep that conveyor belt running.

Ravel Morrison is training with Derby County as the club consider offering the midfielder a contract.

Somebody else trying to get tune out of him, good luck with that.

West Bromwich Albion have announced the signing of defender Matthew Clarke on a season-long loan from Brighton.

Probably another one we were never in for, apart from media seculation.

More evidence that Nixon is not as ITK as he acts, even if he clearly does get some basic info. A few days ago there was going to be an auction between us and West Brom starting at £5m, while today the lad has gone on loan with us not even bothering to put in a counter offer :shrug:

Manchester City U23 captain Tommy Doyle is reportedly attracting interest from a host of Championship clubs ahead of the 2021/22 season.
The midfielder who made his Manchester City first team debut almost two years ago, is reportedly on the radar of Sheffield United, West Brom, Fulham, Swansea, Bournemouth, Middlesbrough, QPR, Cardiff, Coventry, and Blackburn
according to Football League World.

The lad is 19, as they say if he's good enough he's old enough. Allegedly we have some decent midfield players coming from the academy, so this lad has to be a lot better or we are blocking the pathway for our lads. Probably media just throwing random clubs in an article.