Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season | Page 14 | Vital Football

Transfer Targets 2021/22 Season

Just seen Damsgaard signed for Sampdoria for 6.5 million euros. What did we pay for Brewster again. Our scouting network really needs to improve.

Berge might be interesting Man U it seems

Where's that from? I haven't seen anything about Berge for a while.

Just seen Damsgaard signed for Sampdoria for 6.5 million euros. What did we pay for Brewster again. Our scouting network really needs to improve.

If Sampdoria signed him for that, then it seems like either almost everyone's scouting network needs to improve, or that scouting isn't done with the benefit of hindsight. Unknown players in Denmark wouldn't get work permits anyway, so 6.5m Euros would be a lot to spent on a player we would have to loan out to Beerschot for at least a season.

A big Man U fan account (Mark Goldbridge I think) seems to be hinting at interest in him.

He's entertaining to watch, but I doubt he is ITK. Sky Sports were saying last week that Man Utd's spending would be done once they have Sancho and Varane over the line, unless they have significant outgoings. Maybe if Pogba goes for a big fee they might have a look at Berge?

That's what I was thinking. Let Pogba go and go for Camavinga and maybe Berge too.

They're looking well set to be a serious title threat next season. If they get Varane that's major.

Top job being done by Berge's agent he's been linked with almost every team in Europe. Maybe he's visiting all his would be suitors, appears he isn't in Spain at the moment.
Squad in Spain Baldock, Bash, Bogle, Brewster, Broadbent, Brunt, Burke, Eastwood, Egan, Foderingham, Freeman, Gordon, Jebbo, Lopata, Lowe, McBurnie, McGoldrick, Mousset, Ndiaye, N-Davies, Norwood, Ozzy, Robinson, Seriki, Sharp, Slater, Smith, Stevens, Verrips

Still waiting for us to be linked with Joe Rothwell again.........

Come on, The Serb, get him snapped up ASAP.

Still waiting for us to be linked with Joe Rothwell again.........

Come on, The Serb, get him snapped up ASAP.

If we sell Berge and need to bring in a replacement then I would rather we had a look at Josh Laurent at Reading. Tall, strong, quick box-to-box midfielder and Reading's player of the season, which considering Olise got 7 goals and 11 assists is saying something. Only has a year left on his contract as well.

Rothwell's a different sort of player but yes, one like Laurent could be a good target. Reading seem to be in difficulty. Maybe we could go back in for Swift.

Hopefully SJ if signs any players permanently I would wager they can make the step up to the Premiership if we achieve it not just for the Championship. I think he may use the loan market when identifying signings probably from the Premiership or even from abroad using Rip Van Winkels contacts. With Swifts hamstring problems I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, but football never ceases to surprise you.

We're being linked with Matt Clarke from Brighton again,i saw this link earlier in the summer.Derby also being linked with him.UTB

Saw a snippet of Freeman's comments. Positive indications from him. Might be like a new signing - a good one at that.

With a new manager all the players start with a clean sheet and need to prove they can do the job the manager wants them to do, I don't think they will be able to kid SJ or his staff. Most footballers make the same noises as Freeman, it's what they do on the grass. Read similar comments when he landed at NF, maybe this time he will delver, we live in hope.

Another option if Reading are in trouble.................................

Lucas Joao.

Seems to pop up on our forums every year. Now could be the time. But probably only if we lose a forward or two.

Slavisa Jokanovic says he is 'hopeful of results soon' regarding new arrivals having held a series of talks with the club's key recruitment figures.
As previously reported, the new Blades boss is not planning a major overhaul of the playing squad, insisting on evolution not revolution.
Jokanovic has already handed a list of targets he would like the club to pursue, as well as entertaining those put to him by Mitchell and his staff.
"We may need to be a little patient for some support on the club side, but at the same time we are looking at the loan market too, which can be a little bit cheaper.

Maybe some of that interview has been lost in translation. Don't like cheaper.