Transfer talk - summer 2024 | Page 5 | Vital Football

Transfer talk - summer 2024

Ashley Phillips played against us last season in the 3-0 win against Blackburn. Just 17 at the time playing right of a back 3. He's a huge lad and he was throwing himself at everything, I think he ended up clearing a couple off the line. He'd been subbed by the time Ndiaye scored his wonder goal.

He didn't do well under Ian Foster at Plymouth and he wasn't picked for their last game against Leicester. He looked a bit of a lump against Rotherham, he's not a player who's going to drive forward with the ball or look to play out from the back. He's a nuisance in the penalty box and was unlucky not to score against Rotherham from a scramble following a corner.

Spurs' hope is he'll develop into a Virgil van Dijk type player. Right now he's not top 6 Championship player standard.

23 year old Jacob Greaves,Hull City defender is anutha player we're bein linked with for next season.UTB

Will never be able to afford him. Would cost £10m+.

But if we're going for a high calibre permanent LCB we at least need to sell Trusty to fund it. In fact we should sell him regardless. Might get £1.5m if we're lucky.

We should have gone for Greaves last summer when Hull were looking for £7 million. Although playing in this season's team may have done more harm than good for his development.

We'll be sticking with the contracted Robinson and Trusty for the left. Anel sold, Joe Worrall and Paddy McNair brought in on permanents and a couple of loans.

Despite his last game being a mare against Ipswich, and that back pass at Huddersfield, I still think we should be looking at Di'shon Bernard. He's already got attributes we look for in a RCB and he's young enough to keep improving. I think at a proper club he has the potential to be a top 6 Championship player.

. I think at a proper club he has the potential to be a top 6 Championship player.

So how do you think he would fare with us then ?

. I think at a proper club he has the potential to be a top 6 Championship player.

So how do you think he would fare with us then ?

I'd say that In spite of the season from hell we're going through, an owner who has lost the plot and a manager with an allergy to winning football games we've still got enough about us to feel and act like a solid proper club. Especially in the Championship.

Meanwhile Billy Smart's dug up reanimated corpse couldn't do a worse job of running Wednesday than the crazy Thai, a hopeless joke of a man running a hopeless joke of a football club. No wonder Bernard can't get out of there quick enough.

I'd say that In spite of the season from hell we're going through, an owner who has lost the plot and a manager with an allergy to winning football games we've still got enough about us to feel and act like a solid proper club. Especially in the Championship.

Meanwhile Billy Smart's dug up reanimated corpse couldn't do a worse job of running Wednesday than the crazy Thai, a hopeless joke of a man running a hopeless joke of a football club. No wonder Bernard can't get out of there quick enough.
And Simon Jordan still thinks they are wonderful.

Luke ayling being linked with us he’s a free agent (surprise) in the summer at 32 is he what we need this might suggest bogle wants out too

We do need players like him, for sure. Especially in that area of the pitch. We'll be losing leaders, so we'll need to sign some. Solid players of decent character are the order of the day if we want to stop the rot following this memorable season.

I'd be happy to sign him but probably not if it stopped us getting McNair or Dunne. If it can be done early though, fuck it, get him in. Let's build early, for once.

Steve Cooper or Robins would be good fits for us.

Nothing like this will happen though. The Greedy Arab won't stump up. Nor would they want to work for him.

Apparently RND has already been told he is getting released.

Just another awful blow, for the player, and for the club.

He would have been great for us.

It can be a cruel game. From the highs of Norrington-Davies establishing himself as our first choice leftback and being on the cusp of playing in a world cup to the lows of a career threatening injury and being in floods of tears injured while a crowd of Bedfordshire bell-ends booed him off.

He's 25 now and he put off his studies to qualify as a civil engineer to pursue a football career. He may decide to take his insurance pay off and drift out of the game.

CW on players

"I said to the players afterwards 'it's been a poor season, we all have to accept that'. I think some will accept it a little bit more than others so we'll make those changes. I quite like this part of the season because I can be a little bit more open and honest, I've maybe tucked myself in a little bit recently and not really done or said how I really want to say or do because we've had to rely on this group of players but we'll get it right. It will be a long summer and an incredibly busy one but we'll get players in who want to play for that shirt and want to represent the football club. I said to the boys afterwards 'it's a poor season but it's a really good football club and we should remember and put this and this feeling in the back of our minds' and hopefully galvanise the players who have the opportunity. Some players will go back, some we won't be offering contracts to and the lucky ones will have the opportunity to put this season right."

CW on this summer

"I'd like to think the supporters can trust me and previous work that we've done. I'm as enthusiastic and committed with my coaching staff to get it right. We know exactly what direction we need to go in, what players will drive us forward, what the culture's going to look like, what preseason is going to look like and the players that need to leave. It's going to be a tough summer for everybody, a tough preseason but it's a really good football club and we'll come swinging back next year."