Transfer talk - summer 2024 | Page 3 | Vital Football

Transfer talk - summer 2024

Did our medical team carry Due diligence before signing him. He was out at Liverpool for well over a year. The fee of about 23million was far too much for someone who had played so little after such an injury. Unfortunately we were desperate for a CF at the time
I heard a few bits&bobs that a deal had been done for Rhian but the board/owner thought they could get him cheaper so started negotiations again and it cost more the club more than it did originally. UTB

CW on Daniel Jebbison

"That was put on the backburner because of his injury but there's been real positive talks between Steve, his representative, his family and me - I've been involved in that as well. I know the boy wants to stop, he's never given any other indication to me and his family hasn't said that he wants to move away. And we'll be delighted if we can tie another of our promising youngsters up."

CW on Daniel Jebbison

"That was put on the backburner because of his injury but there's been real positive talks between Steve, his representative, his family and me - I've been involved in that as well. I know the boy wants to stop, he's never given any other indication to me and his family hasn't said that he wants to move away. And we'll be delighted if we can tie another of our promising youngsters up."

Lets see if that holds up if he gets an offer from Newcastle for £20k a week.

Coulibaly has had his contract extended by another year.

Un fucking believable.

I'm sure we'll just be able to sell him, no fuss. Right.....? Yeah, because that's just like us isn't it.

He'll be fucked off on loan again, do fuck all again, and we'll lose him for free. Rinse and repeat until he's 42.

We need to be doing the work now on as many signings as possible. Getting things done early is absolutely critical. After this season, everyone at the club should realise how important it is. Not that they shouldn't have already been 100% aware. It is worth spending an extra wedge of cash to get in a number of players for the start of pre season who would usually arrive at the end of July or later.

Every area of the team has to be at least top 6 Championship standard before the first game of the season. That has to be the aim.

Wilder knows all this. It's down to the owner to give him a chance of implementing it.

Apparently we have a new chief scout - Jamie Hoyland.

Might seem like a Bladey, matey appointment but he's an experienced scout at a good level after working for Everton for 7 years in quite a senior position, scouting both domestically and in Europe.

I've only seen this posted as a rumour at this stage but if it's true I don't see how it could be considered as anything but good news.

Happy with Hoyland coming in if that’s true 👍
We all know what needs to be done but we all know it’s going to be a last min panic like it always is 😞

Last edited:
Does the fact that he's a Blade make him a good choice? Not sure.
Does he have a good record at Everton? Not sure.

I hope this is not a jobs for the boys scenario from Wilder.

Does the fact that he's a Blade make him a good choice? Not sure.
Does he have a good record at Everton? Not sure.

I hope this is not a jobs for the boys scenario from Wilder.
Paul Mitchell was/is a mate of Chris's even tho Mitch is/was a pig fan.We'll have to see how things go Germaine but all i'll say is that a chief scout can scout players and tell the club who he rates but the club gettin said players to sign is a different matter all together. UTB

It's confirmed.

It's not just a jobs for the boys case. He is clearly of a decent calibre.

Everton's recruitment record might be mixed at best but it's not like he will have made the key decisions. At the very least he will have learned a lot from his time there and will have very valuable knowledge for us.

Was Hoyland involved in DCL going to Everton? He's even more Bladey that our Chris, played in the last top flight Sheffield double, dad Tommy played for United, family ran The Sheldon and Nigel Jemson was shit scared of him to the point of avoiding the town centre.

Hopefully we now do start to do our homework on scouted players players. Including getting an idea about their attitude and professionalism.

Our Chris and Andrews were at Stoke yesterday, presumably on a scouting mission of their own. Wilmot and Campbell were't involved for Stoke, Wilmot desperately needs a new club and Campbell's poor form since returning from injury has likely cooled a lot of interest in him, even on a free.

With Huddersfield maybe Helik, Headley and Rudoni have our interest.

A nice easy safe appointment....the point is that the Blades that Hoyland knows is not necessarily the right Blades for the future. Personally I don't feel that appointments made based on the past are the right ones. A bit like Wilders return.

We could do better.

Ki Jana Hoever might have been one they were watching. Stoke right back. Attack minded. He scored in the game. On loan from Wolves.

An ITK has posted that we're in for Kaine Kesler-Hayden (I know - perfect). Villa right back who's been on loan at Plymouth. If we're looking at him, that would also strengthen the possibility of Hoever because they're very similar profiles.

I think i'll watch Rovrum v Plymouth toneet and have a look at Morgan Whittaker,he looked really good earlier in't season and could be a possible transfer target for us also for the same reason i'll be watchin the Millers keeper Viktor Johansson who regularly seems to be linked with us.UTB