Transfer talk - summer 2024 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Transfer talk - summer 2024

CW on this summer

"I'd like to think the supporters can trust me and previous work that we've done. I'm as enthusiastic and committed with my coaching staff to get it right. We know exactly what direction we need to go in, what players will drive us forward, what the culture's going to look like, what preseason is going to look like and the players that need to leave. It's going to be a tough summer for everybody, a tough preseason but it's a really good football club and we'll come swinging back next year."
I want Chris to stay Bully,i accept he's not managed to improve this season much but most of us knew the season was over before he came back.He sounds positive abart things for next season and like i said he will have my support.UTB

I want Chris to stay Bully,i accept he's not managed to improve this season much but most of us knew the season was over before he came back.He sounds positive abart things for next season and like i said he will have my support.UTB
Me too pal I’ve said before give him till Christmas at least let’s see what the squad looks like in August the big worry is he doesn’t get the budget and we sell our best players then we know who to blame

"We'll get in players who want to play for the shirt" = the clearest admission yet that a number of players are currently not doing that. Couldn't possibly think who he means....

When he says we know exactly what we need I'm very confident that over 90% of that will match up with what I think, and I like that. I just have the odd worry in the back of my mind that he'll retain one or two of the long dead. Bogle, Egan, Osborn, McBurnie - OK. The rest - absolutely not. I don't want the 'culture carrier' excuse wheeled out to justify keeping Norwood or Baldock. We're wasting our time keeping Jebbison as well - who has apparently extended his contract. That's a mistake.

"We'll get in players who want to play for the shirt" = the clearest admission yet that a number of players are currently not doing that. Couldn't possibly think who he means....

When he says we know exactly what we need I'm very confident that over 90% of that will match up with what I think, and I like that. I just have the odd worry in the back of my mind that he'll retain one or two of the long dead. Bogle, Egan, Osborn, McBurnie - OK. The rest - absolutely not. I don't want the 'culture carrier' excuse wheeled out to justify keeping Norwood or Baldock. We're wasting our time keeping Jebbison as well - who has apparently extended his contract. That's a mistake.
Jebbison not nailed on especially if they go up as expected now

Jebbison not nailed on especially if they go up as expected now

Let's hope so.

Jebbison is a waste of time. He's a drain. It's pointless to focus on him, it's pointless to invest in him. Ultimately, he won't produce, and that's when he's available, which will be rare. He will potentially obstruct important recruitment in the forward position and inevitably end up leaving for a small fee, probably after wasting yet another couple of years of his career. Whatever we can get in a tribunal now will likely be as much as we'll ever be able to get if he was under contract.

It's the right thing for both club and player to move him on.

As for Rod's question, I'm not too happy with Osula recently either. He's not been enough of a problem for defenders, from a physicality and work rate point of view. I'd expect more from him. I think he's got enough to be an asset in the Championship, but we shouldn't be expecting much from him. He, like Jebbison, can't be used as an excuse not to bring in an established CF of top end Championship standard.

The CF position next season should look like this:

1. McBurnie?
2. Another established player
3. Osula

Jebbison's season should look something like this:

Ipswich U23s

Let's hope so.

Jebbison is a waste of time. He's a drain. It's pointless to focus on him, it's pointless to invest in him. Ultimately, he won't produce, and that's when he's available, which will be rare. He will potentially obstruct important recruitment in the forward position and inevitably end up leaving for a small fee, probably after wasting yet another couple of years of his career. Whatever we can get in a tribunal now will likely be as much as we'll ever be able to get if he was under contract.

It's the right thing for both club and player to move him on.

As for Rod's question, I'm not too happy with Osula recently either. He's not been enough of a problem for defenders, from a physicality and work rate point of view. I'd expect more from him. I think he's got enough to be an asset in the Championship, but we shouldn't be expecting much from him. He, like Jebbison, can't be used as an excuse not to bring in an established CF of top end Championship standard.

The CF position next season should look like this:

1. McBurnie?
2. Another established player
3. Osula

Jebbison's season should look something like this:

Ipswich U23s
Bin Jebbo and McBurnie for me.We need 2 proper goal scorers not players always injured or suspended. The reason we always keep some deadwood are the managers worry the Prince will give them little of no money, so better the devil you know. The Arab is slowly strangling the club. Not because he is bad or doing it on purpose he just does not have the reddies to run a large club.

First bit of departure news trickling in from Alan Nixon (who else) - McBurnie and Jebbison both want fresh starts and are expected to leave when their contracts expire.

I think Jebbison is one of the youth players. Possibly? Who cares.

McBurnie will be a serious loss but for all we know he'll miss 25 games next season, so maybe not so much. At least we won't be in the awkward position where we're committed to someone with such unavailability issues as first choice centre forward. It does though seal a catastrophic (£0) return on our two £20m striker purchases.

If we know these two are leaving now then we have no excuse for failing to recruit in the centre forward position. It becomes the immediate priority.
There's no excuse for it, but United will find one that placates the majority of our dumbass fans.

My favourites are:
Well we tried, but then Stoke City or West Brom or Cardiff, or Birmingham came in with a better offer.

We then looked elsewhere and had a deal all but completed but then Millwall hijacked the deal.

We will go with what we've got, we've got a great balance of youth and even youthier

Well Chris Wilder seems to be confident things will be a lot better next season,spose we'll find out soon enuff BFL waint wi mi owd pal.UTB
With so many players leaving there has to be more wriggle room becuase wage costs will drop dramatically. Add that the the fact that financially we have to be better off than 95% of any other club in the championship (we have just recieved £170 million and cleared alot of debt).
The differentiator is the owner, other clubs like WBA and Boro will get backing from the owners to sign quality players over and above the financial budget. The Prince cannot do that because in football terms, he is a pauper. Wilder is just happy to be manager of SUFC, so will dance to the Prince's tune.
We need a billionaire, who is bored and wants a project.

How disappointing this is. Who agrees to a buy back £4m below what they paid? Only us. Fuck me, that's an expensive loan if so.

I'd be extremely tempted to spend a few million more and get him back permanently if possible. I know he's not made much of a mark this season but we couldn't really do better at Championship level so it could be worth prioritising the bulk of our spend on him. We'll need forwards of his calibre to have any chance. Wages though would presumably be a problem.

Just seen the 1st paragraph of that and don’t know how that would work as the deal was cut last yr 🤷‍♂️

So finally we're getting a truer picture of the nebulous Archer deal - a buy back option clause for 20 odd percent less than he was sold for. The compulsory purchase clause triggered by our guaranteed relegation didn't exist, it wouldn't have got through PL ratification because it contravenes FFP and the domestic loans rules.

There may be a memorandum of understanding between the two clubs, but the details Abdullah spread through his social media minions was bollocks. Darren Smith is the worst, because he knew it was all a lie but reported it anyway. "I'm the Prince's favourite propagandist, give me attention".

Villa have Duran and Rogers coming through, they're contemplating selling Jacob Ramsey to balance the books. I doubt they'd want to spend 14 million on a player who has flopped.

We should offer them a few more million to keep him permanently with a large sell on clause to minimise the fee - I see him as one who'll get us back up, and would happily forego the possibility of making much profit on him.

We need to use his underwhelming season as an opportunity to sign him. When he knocks in 20+ in the Championship he'll soon be hot property again. It may not seem natural to pursue him as a priority after his contribution this season but his quality at Championship level is undoubted, and he'll still improve further.

We should offer them a few more million to keep him permanently with a large sell on clause to minimise the fee - I see him as one who'll get us back up, and would happily forego the possibility of making much profit on him.

We need to use his underwhelming season as an opportunity to sign him. When he knocks in 20+ in the Championship he'll soon be hot property again. It may not seem natural to pursue him as a priority after his contribution this season but his quality at Championship level is undoubted, and he'll still improve further.
I agree Herby.i think Cam would do well for us in't Championship.BLADES & Hull are bein linked wi 22 year old Brighton midfielder Marc Leonard,he apparently had a very good loan spell at Northampton winnin their player o the year award.A fee of £300k is bein suggested on FLW.UTB