Transfer talk - summer 2024 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Transfer talk - summer 2024

Nixon saying Hamer can leave if we can recoup the money we laid out on him I hope that’s more bollox from him we need to keep him but if he goes I’d want more than we paid for him

I don't think we could get more than we paid. If we're to sell him and we recouped the £13m or so, that would be a pleasant surprise.

But I don't think we should sell him. He's too important. Take him out and how much hope do we have?

We should do anything it takes, and sell anyone we need to, to make sure we can at least keep Hamer and Arblaster for next season.

The obvious answer is sell Anel and Souza to keep Hamer and Arblaster. Make Trusty available to Birminghams rich owners ( it would be attractive and appease the fans to sign a former player of the year). I do worry that if the Prince cannot get his money back on Souza he may be inclined to keep him and sell Hamer. His backwards way of looking at things really hurts us. Talking to a Wednesday fan today he said players like Valentin and Gassama have really started to shine because they have lots of pace. If only we could afford Jack Clarke and Smodzics to compliment Hamer and Arblaster.

Last edited:
Go for Valentin, though I doubt Leeds would sell him if they don't go up, which they won't. Listened to Rohl on R.S. When asked about the future he was non comital. Chris Sutton said he should go to a big club, maybe take over from Chris. Having said that I think Chris will prove the doubters wrong next season.

Go for Valentin, though I doubt Leeds would sell him if they don't go up, which they won't. Listened to Rohl on R.S. When asked about the future he was non comital. Chris Sutton said he should go to a big club, maybe take over from Chris. Having said that I think Chris will prove the doubters wrong next season.
I agree, just like he did at Middlesboro and Watford.

In a massive shock, we've been linked with Lewis O'Brien again. On fucking loan.

If we can only loan players like O'Brien I don't like to think what sort of permanent signings we'll make.

Time to move on for Baldock, very clearly. For us and for him.

I hope we realise he needs replacing properly though because if we plan to go with Bogle for 40 games we're fucked. Need two good RWBs to guarantee strength on at least one side of the pitch. Bogle can't be expected to start more than 30 games.

On the left, Osborn or RND can be adequate back ups to a new LWB, hopefully.

Time to move on for Baldock, very clearly. For us and for him.

I hope we realise he needs replacing properly though because if we plan to go with Bogle for 40 games we're fucked. Need two good RWBs to guarantee strength on at least one side of the pitch. Bogle can't be expected to start more than 30 games.

On the left, Osborn or RND can be adequate back ups to a new LWB, hopefully.
Sam Curtis looked very promising when I saw him a few weeks back he does have a tendency to bomb forward and neglect his position whether he’s encouraged to do so I wouldn’t know it’s prob why we still play a back 3
I liked the look of him tho 👍

Sam Curtis looked very promising when I saw him a few weeks back he does have a tendency to bomb forward and neglect his position whether he’s encouraged to do so I wouldn’t know it’s prob why we still play a back 3
I liked the look of him tho 👍
I would imagine Bogle/Curtis would be the plan. We have bigger problems with the back 3. Anel will leave and Trusty is average at best. 2 better players needed asap. First base we need to get back to being solid at the back.

So from what the star says we are looking to offload one big signing to boost the budget this summer 170m spent f all last yr sold our 2 best players and we’re still having to sell I’ve never known a club like this almost everyone kicks on from a spell in the prem not us we seem to dig ourselves deeper in the shit 🙄

So from what the star says we are looking to offload one big signing to boost the budget this summer 170m spent f all last yr sold our 2 best players and we’re still having to sell I’ve never known a club like this almost everyone kicks on from a spell in the prem not us we seem to dig ourselves deeper in the shit 🙄
We seem to need to sell one star player every year to survive. The problem is the vast majority of permanent signing are poor. The star players are mostly on loan. That puts a lot of pressure on the academy to balance the books. It is not a sustainable model, we need a supportive owner who has a bit of money to invest. Look at the Ipswich manager and owner working together to achieve success. If only.

Last edited: