Transfer speculation | Page 66 | Vital Football

Transfer speculation

I never got the enthusiasm for Green. Apart from being able to run fast into nowhere I couldn't see any discernible footballing skills.

I saw speculation on another board that with Green frozen out, we need to keep Adelakun as he offers us width. Really?

He may technically be a wide man but does he beat players and/or put in that many crosses?

We still have Macca who delivered a cross and a corner that resulted in goals last Saturday. I think he did the same for Mandron at Brentford but I struggle to think of anybody else that has done the same from wide areas this season, apart from Green's cross for Kashket in the original Daggers game.

I’m hoping that Harris doesn’t make the same error again.
If he can’t get his first choices, then let it go and revisit in the off season.
We don’t need numbers anymore.
First choice or walk away.

Especially as I think we have enough already to get out of and stay out of the bottom 2. Harris may think differently of course.

I’m hoping that Harris doesn’t make the same error again.
If he can’t get his first choices, then let it go and revisit in the off season.
We don’t need numbers anymore.
First choice or walk away.

Think it would be foolish to not use our budget
A couple of injuries and then we're looking very light and back to where we were pre January

We still need depth

Think it would be foolish to not use our budget
A couple of injuries and then we're looking very light and back to where we were pre January

We still need depth
If we sign the wrong player now, we’re probably stuck with them for a couple of years.
I’d prefer serious consideration and if we can’t get exactly who Harris wants, just pass and move on.
This season is about staying up.
Next season will be different.

If we sign the wrong player now, we’re probably stuck with them for a couple of years.
I’d prefer serious consideration and if we can’t get exactly who Harris wants, just pass and move on.
I understand that but given we cannot be 100% certain any target is obtainable we need to have more than one plan .Stockley might have been number one .If there isn't a similar quality target having two targeted strikers could be our plan B .Man City apart you need a back up plan especially as we are 23rd in league two.I would agree if we can't get anyone good enough to win us promotion to league one then we should simply look at loan deals to see us over the line this season.

I would certainly want to go through with a deal for Marriott for example.If that is indeed a potential target as long as we could get a decent back up to Hawkins. It might mean getting a centre forward back up on loan .It would open up that space to a deal in the summer. Bringing in a few loans who's club deal expires might make sense.We should be in position to pay compensation should the opportunity develop.

I saw speculation on another board that with Green frozen out, we need to keep Adelakun as he offers us width. Really?

He may technically be a wide man but does he beat players and/or put in that many crosses?

We still have Macca who delivered a cross and a corner that resulted in goals last Saturday. I think he did the same for Mandron at Brentford but I struggle to think of anybody else that has done the same from wide areas this season, apart from Green's cross for Kashket in the original Daggers game.

I reckon Harris is freezing Adelekun out so that Lincoln recall him and loan him out elsewhere.