Transfer speculation | Page 65 | Vital Football

Transfer speculation

So Jordan Green told to go.
Olly Lee out for the foreseeable (Off the pitch issues maybe?)
Harriet out of contract but still rehabbing with us.
The questions are ....
Who would take Jordan Green because it sounds like discipline issues???
And once fit will Harriet get a new contract because NH obviously likes him???
Thoughts??

PS on the Olly Lee note, NH has been very careful to not say to much about the issues at hand for him but I think as Gills Fans we should be 100% supportive behind him and wish him well.
I have time tonight, maybe we could write an Open letter from the message board and all sign it to get behind him and show him how much we support him. Just a thought!!!

You would have thought that Green would have been right up for it given that this is his second chance in professional football after dropping into non-league. F*****g idiot, no excuse.

Olly on the other hand, I hope he's alright. I moaned about him being anonymous the last few times he played for us but he's clearly got something bigger going on than football.

You would have thought that Green would have been right up for it given that this is his second chance in professional football after dropping into non-league. F*****g idiot, no excuse.

Olly on the other hand, I hope he's alright. I moaned about him being anonymous the last few times he played for us but he's clearly got something bigger going on than football.
I said exactly that to a mate today SE1.
Given a second chance and it seems he’s blown it.
Maybe he’s not in love with the work needed to be a professional footballer.

The 'something bigger' could well be his ego.

I'll admit I've hammered Lee on here before. I've dealt with my own mental health demons in recent times, if that's what's keeping him out, then I genuinely feel for him and will go on record to apologise for any harsh criticism I've sent in his direction while he's been suffering. I hope he comes out the other side and rebuilds his career wherever that may be.

I said exactly that to a mate today SE1.
Given a second chance and it seems he’s blown it.
Maybe he’s not in love with the work needed to be a professional footballer.

Or that he is up for it but he actually only has the talent to play a decent game around the non-league?

He was loved at Dulwich Hamlet. Surprised we didn’t work something out in the Jayden Clark(?) deal. I’d have thought they’d like him back.

Are Dulwich Hamlet fully pro or semi-pro?

I suspect that he would be earning substantially more with us. I presume we only gave him a one year deal and if NH is adamant about him not playing for us again, we might as well pay up his contract and let him go back to Dulwich or another club at that level. Maybe that is being negotiated and he has been made an offer.

Are Dulwich Hamlet fully pro or semi-pro?

I suspect that he would be earning substantially more with us. I presume we only gave him a one year deal and if NH is adamant about him not playing for us again, we might as well pay up his contract and let him go back to Dulwich or another club at that level. Maybe that is being negotiated.
Harris is adamant he won’t play for us again.
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I heard Harris on Radio Kent yesterday and he said, and I quote, “he won’t play for me again He won’t play for this football club again”.
When she’s why he said “A. number of reasons. I expect certain standards”.
May as well get him off the payroll rather than have him sulking around the place festering.
Just get rid.
Waste of time and talent.

Harris is adamant he won’t play for us again.
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I heard Harris on Radio Kent yesterday and he said, and I quote, “he won’t play for me again He won’t play for this football club again”.
When she’s why he said “A. number of reasons. I expect certain standards”.
May as well get him off the payroll rather than have him sulking around the place festering.
Just get rid.
Waste of time and talent.

Sounds like more a case of Greens attitude is wrong rather than NH doubting his ability . It all points towards the incident at Sutton and probably the repercussions of that.

I think Green’s heart is in his Tik Tok channel, for sure if he could go all in and monopolise his channel he’d make a ton more than a lower-tier footballer. Way to go if that's what he feels he wants! Not sure his content has too much scope for growth though, other than his little lad growing up, unless he’ll grow to become the next Maradona!😄

Last edited:
Some players, whose talent equals and sometimes exceeds that of league footballers, are happier playing non league football. It doesn't make them lazy, or bad people. I meant no criticism when I spoke about Adam Miller but I read a piece where he reflected on his career. He started with QPR I think, went to and fro and decided in the end that he preferred the atmosphere, scale and all round experience of non league football. I don't suppose it's natural, or appropriate for a man in Neil Harris 's position to have much time to waste on thinking about that. He just recognises that bthe player doesn't have a place in his squad, quite right too.

What’s the general consensus on here? Have we peaked in our transfer dealings or will there be even better to come? I’m still desperate for striker over anything else, if this season has taught us goal scorers are worth their weight in gold.

What’s the general consensus on here? Have we peaked in our transfer dealings or will there be even better to come? I’m still desperate for striker over anything else, if this season has taught us goal scorers are worth their weight in gold.

There’s been a few “murmurings” on Twitter and the fans forum, that we are “in for” 2 or 3 very decent strikers hoping that one will come off on deadline day. If correct they are said to be the sort that we’d all go “Wow!” if we did land any one of them. But no particular names being mentioned. I think the club are now keeping things very close to their chest.

Don’t know the legitimacy of the rumours, except they are from the sort of accounts (and posters) like our own Gills Horse who seem to generally have good inside info.

@Gills Horse, you heard any of these rumours?

And I think the expectation is that things will go right down to the last hour. A late night for us all (morning for me 👍).

There’s been a few “murmurings” on Twitter and the fans forum, that we are “in for” 2 or 3 very decent strikers hoping that one will come off on deadline day. If correct they are said to be the sort that we’d all go “Wow!” if we did land any one of them. But no particular names being mentioned. I think the club are now keeping things very close to their chest.

Don’t know the legitimacy of the rumours, except they are from the sort of accounts (and posters) like our own Gills Horse who seem to generally have good inside info.

@Gills Horse, you heard any of these rumours?

And I think the expectation is that things will go right down to the last hour. A late night for us all (morning for me 👍).
I would expect we have a back up plan in place this time with potential money to spend it would not be sensible to not have.

I would expect we have a back up plan in place this time with potential money to spend it would not be sensible to not have.

Does anyone know if the loan window closes later than the one for transfers? The summer window does.

And if that is the case, I think a quality young loan striker is our “back up plan”. A couple of WHU U23 forwards have been mentioned. Again, no idea if plausible, one of them is said to be mustard and out of our reach. Who knows.