Transfer speculation | Vital Football

Transfer speculation

Gills93

Vital Squad Member
The window set to open soon so let’s get started, who can we realistically bring in to improve us?

Signings commence Jan 1st but, as alluded to by BG, work behind the scene under way and has been for a while. Reckon we`ve already "captured" a couple but can`t sign them until next week.

The upcoming Window will be the most exciting for many a year, perhaps ever. It should also give us a good idea of BG`s commitment.

Seen some tweets and Facebook posts mentioning Ollie Tanner. Very highly rated young winger apparently. Local lad played for Bromley then Lewes, now at Cardiff. They said last week he’s going out on loan and a lot of fans seem to think it could be to us.

Not sure in our current predicament that we need untried youngsters, but this lad is very highly regarded.

Not speculation, but a player I’d love us to sign is Johnny Williams would cost some money but one of the best in this league and more then capable in the league above too. Played predominantly in this area too and born in Kent.

Not speculation, but a player I’d love us to sign is Johnny Williams would cost some money but one of the best in this league and more then capable in the league above too. Played predominantly in this area too and born in Kent.

he’s a good player and is very neat and tidy with the ball - terrible injury record though, the poor chap

Will we actually pay a transfer fee in January window,
Good question there could be the first signs of real friction between SOB and Brad Galinson if he doesn't. I expect better loans to arrive. But the rest is pure speculation.

I hope we sign 2 or 3 we've barely heard of and they turn out to be very good. Most of the names we dream up are has beens, overpriced, or otherwise unattainable. I reckon they have some serious names pencilled in but this time we won't be trumped on wages by every club in National League South and up

Personally I think we have a couple of deals already completed and I’m expecting around six to come in, obviously a few will return to their parent clubs and I’m also optimistic that we’ll be spending on transfer fees too.

Seen some tweets and Facebook posts mentioning Ollie Tanner. Very highly rated young winger apparently. Local lad played for Bromley then Lewes, now at Cardiff. They said last week he’s going out on loan and a lot of fans seem to think it could be to us.

Not sure in our current predicament that we need untried youngsters, but this lad is very highly regarded.
With a name like that at least he won't be expensive.

(another one for us oldies).

I could see a loan move for Isaac Olaofe happening. Sure his name was bandied about in pre-season as a potential target?

Did the business at this level for Sutton last season.
Only made 3 appearances for Millwall this term, so surely they’d be eager for him to get some more game time?

I could see a loan move for Isaac Olaofe happening. Sure his name was bandied about in pre-season as a potential target?

Did the business at this level for Sutton last season.
Only made 3 appearances for Millwall this term, so surely they’d be eager for him to get some more game time?
I saw on a Millwall site a couple of weeks ago that they were looking to loan him out, but whether that will be to a League 2 club or not I don't know

I saw on a Millwall site a couple of weeks ago that they were looking to loan him out, but whether that will be to a League 2 club or not I don't know

If, and for once it seems that we might have, have money, that would make the difference if we want him as we could probably pay a lot more of his wages than others. Money talks - usually we lose our because of that, but maybe it’ll work for us for once.

I should add that I know nothing about this lad, so can’t comment whether he’s any goood.