Transfer Rumours | Page 17 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours

I don't get quite why every season we expect to get into the playoffs with only 1 striker of any note in our squad ?
Most teams challenging have at least 3 or even 4 .
We have 1 and he is a 6 yd box finisher . Does precious little else , place is never under threat so meanders around most games .

I don't get quite why every season we expect to get into the playoffs with only 1 striker of any note in our squad ?
Most teams challenging have at least 3 or even 4 .
We have 1 and he is a 6 yd box finisher . Does precious little else , place is never under threat so meanders around most games .
Are you watching the same games as me??

Most games Grabban is tracking back and working hard, looking for space and options. The problem has never been his work rate, it’s the supply line behind him.

Most games Grabban is tracking back and working hard, looking for space and options. The problem has never been his work rate, it’s the supply line behind him.

Point missed ……..I was referring to our lack of quality strikers not Grabbans work rate or lack of .
There is no competition in the striking department and hasn't been for years .

Point missed ……..I was referring to our lack of quality strikers not Grabbans work rate or lack of .
There is no competition in the striking department and hasn't been for years .
You said he was a six yard box finisher who does precious little else. I disagree.

Agree that he does most of what you are saying, but, is it effective? When he tracks back there is no one ahead of him, so his moves r worthless. Rarely beats thd last man in the opposition defence when chasing a one on one ball, he stops at the edge of the box nd rarely anything happens.
We need to find a way how to accommodate a second striker that forms an understanding with Grabbs nd between can create goals, similar to what Rhodes nd Fletcher did to us when we played Wednesday.
Unless this happens I find see us progress much nd mid table is where we will end up.

Agree that he does most of what you are saying, but, is it effective? When he tracks back there is no one ahead of him, so his moves r worthless. Rarely beats thd last man in the opposition defence when chasing a one on one ball, he stops at the edge of the box nd rarely anything happens.
We need to find a way how to accommodate a second striker that forms an understanding with Grabbs nd between can create goals, similar to what Rhodes nd Fletcher did to us when we played Wednesday.
Unless this happens I find see us progress much nd mid table is where we will end up.
True but that isn’t his fault if he is under orders. The problem is that if Grabban does ever nick the ball back, no one is ever ready to run in beyond him.

How exactly do you think a press works??? Should it begin with the keeper...

It is effective, don't remember beating Derby?

I am not sure your understanding of what Grabban brings to the party is all that it should be; to effectively cast him as a one trick pony who contributes little outside of the six yard box is about as far from the truth as is possible.

Playing the lone striker role is one of the hardest in the game and not all strikers are cut out for it; Grabban plays the role with great accomplishment, particularly so when you consider its physically demanding nature and the fact that there is no cover (of any competence) for him in the squad, meaning he gets very little rest.

The problems lie elsewhere, the biggest one being that none of our other players get beyond him, as pointed out earlier in the thread; that means we do not get anywhere near enough players into credible goal scoring positions, so it should come as no surprise that we do not score enough goals.

I'm not sure what the answer is, other than to sign a few players with that killer goal scoring instinct, and they don't come cheap.

Would be nice to get a quality striker in that would compliment Grabban and then play 2 upfront.If we did get a big name striker in just to sit on the bench waiting for Grabban to get injured, or subbed for the last 10minutes ,would appear to be a waste of resources.