Transfer Rumours | Page 152 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours

We don't have the catchment area difficulties of being in London surrounded by huge clubs, nor do we have the budget restrictions they do but I'd absolutely be open to borrowing some of their analytical tools.

Catchment area can work both ways. I don't know what the stats are, but I guess Brentford can pick up plenty of junior players released by the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc.

Have Forest got a big striker in the making? Will Swann (19) has been scoring regularly at u18 and u23 level. In Jan he was loaned out for a month to Truro, scoring two goals and MoM on debut. His loan has been extended after 5 games and 6 goals. Is he one to watch?

Have Forest got a big striker in the making? Will Swann (19) has been scoring regularly at u18 and u23 level. In Jan he was loaned out for a month to Truro, scoring two goals and MoM on debut. His loan has been extended after 5 games and 6 goals. Is he one to watch?

I heard he's been swanning around Truro like he owns the place chap

Do any of you fellows have an idea of the costs involved with our Academy relative to what we actually turn out in the way of worthwhile players?

Do any of you fellows have an idea of the costs involved with our Academy relative to what we actually turn out in the way of worthwhile players?

Not sure of the costs, but for FFP the costs don't count, so I guess from that point of view any academy sales are pure profit. I guess most people (ie not a football club owner!), would still want to know if academy player sales are more than the costs, though somehow you would have to add in a value for the players who are still here , that is how much we have saved by playing Cash, Worrall,Smith, Yates etc and estimate how much we will get for them.

Is the cost of ground development a factor in ffp or is it not part if the calculation ? Just wondering and I'm sure one of you fine chaps can enlighten me.

Not sure of the costs, but for FFP the costs don't count, so I guess from that point of view any academy sales are pure profit. I guess most people (ie not a football club owner!), would still want to know if academy player sales are more than the costs, though somehow you would have to add in a value for the players who are still here , that is how much we have saved by playing Cash, Worrall,Smith, Yates etc and estimate how much we will get for them.

The sale, or transfer of a player, if he is on a full time contract, will be included for P & S purposes.

If an Academy player is poached by a bigger Club, I think there was an instance recently, then a set compensation is paid out to the Club, which is a pittance in comparison; this is not included in P & S.

I would guess you are correct in assuming that the management at the Club will want to know if the Academy is self funding; that would not be overly difficult to cost and track.

Maorgan Sadler 17 year old signs for Forest. He has been playing for Wrexham and Bury and was on Man City U 13’s books some 4 years ago. Is this Forest picking up a lower leagues reject or has he chosen Forest out of lots of options.

U18’s played the other night. Very young squad and most of the names were new to me. Is this a sign that many of the experienced U 18’s have moved up to the U 23 squad. Forest do seem to be adding numbers to their younger squads.

It would be nice to go up a category at academy level. Not sure what more will be required to do that. Some suggestion on here that something needed to happen at training ground pitch, ownership and have read Forest are looking to move academy but am unsure what is rumour and what is fact?

Maorgan Sadler 17 year old signs for Forest. He has been playing for Wrexham and Bury and was on Man City U 13’s books some 4 years ago. Is this Forest picking up a lower leagues reject or has he chosen Forest out of lots of options.

U18’s played the other night. Very young squad and most of the names were new to me. Is this a sign that many of the experienced U 18’s have moved up to the U 23 squad. Forest do seem to be adding numbers to their younger squads.

It would be nice to go up a category at academy level. Not sure what more will be required to do that. Some suggestion on here that something needed to happen at training ground pitch, ownership and have read Forest are looking to move academy but am unsure what is rumour and what is fact?
seems pointless looking at the kids under this current regime as stats suggest that the 10% of youths that might make the grade will likely be moved on.