Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21 | Page 55 | Vital Football

Transfer Rumours/Speculation 2020/21

Its very very Bjork.

If we dont get an attacking midfielder and a Robinson upgrade,then i think we will have cooked our goose,by Xmas.

The team is very low on confidence.

Its very very Bjork.

If we dont get an attacking midfielder and a Robinson upgrade,then i think we will have cooked our goose,by Xmas.

The team is very low on confidence.
I completely agree but i am afraid we dont have the money. I am sure Wilder would strenghten both area's in a heartbeat but he can't. How anyone thought we were going to sign Brookes when we cant even afford £10 million for a defender is bizarre.
Having said that there is no way we should be throwing the towel in. Wilder will have to get creative with what we have and be brave.
Stevens does not have the legs for the wingback role now. We have to get Lowe in and i honestly think that Stevens could do a job at LCB.
Ampadu has to start in midfield instead of Lundstrum.
Baldock needs to improve, although i think he will.
We have to go Brewster/Burke upfront McBurnie is out of form and McG and Sharp are just too old.
We would inject pace at LWB, experience of the current formation at LCB, youth technique and guile in midfield and pace and danger upfront.
Changers need to be made now and hopefully by January we may be in a position to add 1-2 more of a better quality.

Setting aside that he is a winger, he just went on strike to force a move even without a specific team being interested in him. There's no way that Wilder would sign him.

He's not just a winger. He moves about a lot. He could play as something of a 10 for us, favouring the right side. He's what we need for the right balance. If we fancy creating anything at least.

Has he gone on strike? All I saw was him put in a good effort for Norwich and look pissed off when subbed. I don't see any problem with him. He's earned a move and for all we know the club might be blocking it. He also has to put up with that twat Farke. I could forgive him for being unhappy. Wilder doesn't only sign perfect characters anyway.

He's not just a winger. He moves about a lot. He could play as something of a 10 for us, favouring the right side. He's what we need for the right balance. If we fancy creating anything at least.

He moves slower than me when he's on strike Chronic

Last edited:
I completely agree but i am afraid we dont have the money. I am sure Wilder would strenghten both area's in a heartbeat but he can't. How anyone thought we were going to sign Brookes when we cant even afford £10 million for a defender is bizarre.
Having said that there is no way we should be throwing the towel in. Wilder will have to get creative with what we have and be brave.
Stevens does not have the legs for the wingback role now. We have to get Lowe in and i honestly think that Stevens could do a job at LCB.
Ampadu has to start in midfield instead of Lundstrum.
Baldock needs to improve, although i think he will.
We have to go Brewster/Burke upfront McBurnie is out of form and McG and Sharp are just too old.
We would inject pace at LWB, experience of the current formation at LCB, youth technique and guile in midfield and pace and danger upfront.
Changers need to be made now and hopefully by January we may be in a position to add 1-2 more of a better quality.
I wasn't very impressed with Ampadu in midfield for Wales last night.I don't think Lundy's been our worst player so far this season and is in the side on merit.We don't know the extent of Burke's injury yet or have you heard summat BFL? BROOKSY was perhaps wishful thinking from some fans but as i've said before i'd love him to come back to BDBL.UTMPB

I wasn't very impressed with Ampadu in midfield for Wales last night.

It was a thankless task for the lad. Carry a midfield next to a Championship and a League One player while man marking twinkle toes Jack Grealish.

Something needs to change in our midfield because it's failing to effectively screen the defence or offer a sustained attacking pressure. I wouldn't be against Lundstram being dropped for Ampadu.

I think you'll find we've spent the January money. It's called Brewster. IF we had more in the kitty we needed to use it before the EPL window shut. We need better quality NOW. We might be dead by January unless;

1. We don't increase chance creation by a couple of hundred %
2. Whoever plays up top sticks a good number away.
3. Our midfield wins a lot more ball.
4. Our defence sorts out dealing with crosses.

Something needs to change in our midfield because it's failing to effectively screen the defence or offer a sustained attacking pressure. I wouldn't be against Lundstram being dropped for Ampadu.

We need to go back to a midfield three of Fleck, Norwood and Berge against Fulham. Our system only works with quick switches of play, and while I think Berge is a better defensive player than Norwood, he doesn't have the ability to ping it around at the required speed.

We need to go back to a midfield three of Fleck, Norwood and Berge against Fulham. Our system only works with quick switches of play, and while I think Berge is a better defensive player than Norwood, he doesn't have the ability to ping it around at the required speed.
That would work if Fleck and Norwood find some form. We need them to step up and quick.

That would work if Fleck and Norwood find some form. We need them to step up and quick.

They're hardly going to find some form sat on the bench. It's not like Osborn and Lunny have done anything to suggest they should keep the shirts either. I typically find that when things that used to work no longer do, a good solution is to go back to the basics and start again from there.

Norwood would appear to be the fall guy for the Leicester, Everton defeats and is a victim of Wilder's aim to make the team more dynamic and athletic. He didn't do himself any favours against Wolves, however Norwood's got the most powerful stat of all backing him up, we haven't won a single PL point in games he hasn't started.

Playing Fleck and Berge flanking Norwood against Fulham would make back to basics sense to me, but is it a climbdown Wilder would make after playing Berge as def mid in the four games he's been available this season ?