Transfer rumors | Page 142 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Surely there must be a deal to be had with QPR for Luongo? Bridcutt plus a couple of million would surely swing it?
If we are selling Jacob to Olympicos and can't afford Colback's wages, then this seems a good deal to get a decent championship midfielder in his prime!?

Last edited:
Potentially yes. Especially in goal and midfield. But, in truth we won't be able to make an informed decision until we see them play and how Lamouchi lines them up and what his footballing philosophy will be.
Our midfield was crap and most of the times was over run, even against teams in the lower places of the table... I doubt that we can get worse ... so a small improvement will make a lot of difference...as we will be keeping possettion more thus reducing the pressure on the defence ...etc etc..

Cash: 6 goals, 1 assist

V

Adomah: 4 goals, 2 assists

Osborn: 1 goal, 5 assists (half his starts were as a fullback)

V

Ameobi: 4 goals, 3 assists.

Both existing players are significantly younger than the new signings. These are just mediocre squadfillers, God knows about the Portuguese lads.

Muric is a possible upgrade but is inexperienced.

In theory Ameobi and Adomah strengthen our forward line despite me not particularly rating them.

Ribeiro and Silva, no idea...

So overall any team improvement you would have to say is marginal based on current knowledge.

Still a way to go though yet.

Excuse me for being an optimist but I think we have.
These players are quicker thinking and better holders/passers of the ball we will see a lot of late tackles coming in this season I think.
We will whiz the ball around the pitch and opposition will be chasing shadows.
In my view we will have better movement off the ball and a better eye for a pass and that includes passes to open them up.
It’s a much much more technical team.
How many times was it said last season that Cava was streets ahead in terms of reading the game and movement.
We all wished we had players that would catch up...well now we have I think.

Excuse me for being an optimist but I think we have.
These players are quicker thinking and better holders/passers of the ball we will see a lot of late tackles coming in this season I think.
We will whiz the ball around the pitch and opposition will be chasing shadows.
In my view we will have better movement off the ball and a better eye for a pass and that includes passes to open them up.
It’s a much much more technical team.
How many times was it said last season that Cava was streets ahead in terms of reading the game and movement.
We all wished we had players that would catch up...well now we have I think.

how do you know if semedo is any better than yates or silva better than colback /bridcutt/guediora etc. cant really say of these things with confidence surely.

to me if it feels like squad fillers than players genuinely going to tear the league up.

Of all the signings Muric looks the best. Tiago Silva, at 5ft 7 inches, I wonder whether he'll have the physicality to do it in the SBC. I don't know, maybe he's a tough nut.....
Suppose it's about who he's playing next to. If it's Semedo, he's 6ft2. Plenty of examples of midfielders not needing height to be decent: McGinn, Buendia, Fleck, Duffy...

I find it funny when people argue the squad hasn't been improved, yet reference Osborn being relied upon too much in different positions over the last few years.

Last edited:
have we improved our starting 11 is the question.

Its a good question, Jock.

We certainly are no weaker; I cannot see Yacob going until the Colback situation is resolved; Silva will strengthen the midfield, Muric should be an improvement, Adomah and Ameobi will strengthen the over all squad.

As for the unknown players, that's anyone's guess, and the standard of guessing has not been that great on here of late.

If we go back to the last window the general consensus was that Bonatini would be a great addition but the rest of the incoming would not be up to much; which was not far off the opposite of what transpired.

I find it funny when people argue the squad hasn't been improved, yet reference Osborn being relied upon too much in different positions over the last few years.

The question was has the [perceived] starting eleven been improved?

You could say that by selling Osborn the feeling at the club is that it definitely has improved if they can do without him; I think the sale is more to do with him wanting to go.

There's no question the squad has been improved

The question was has the [perceived] starting eleven been improved?

You could say that by selling Osborn the feeling at the club is that it definitely has improved if they can do without him; I think the sale is more to do with him wanting to go.

There's no question the squad has been improved
Don't see how people can argue the first xl hasn't been improved. Last season we had Dias and Goncalves on the wings and Osborn battling Robinson for left back. We now have players like Adomah and an actual left back. That's not a criticism of Osborn btw.

Leeds stronger,
West Brom weaker,
Sheep weaker
Boro similar
Bristol stronger

Us Similar (stronger if Colback and a striker arrive).