Transfer rumors | Page 141 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Quite frankly - I'm not sure.

I was ok with Pants, but Muric is apparently an upgrade.

Unsure about everyone else - especially, the 3 x Portugese players.

Colback will be a loss.

i could be completely wrong here and im cynical in nature but i have real fears that semedo and ribeiro will be duds. iv based this on what their previous teams fans have said and what we have seen come before them. have done alot of research on them. espanyol fans say Semedo was terrible , although he had very little minutes there(fiorentina said the same about dias). Benfica fans say Ribeiro is poor defensively giving wingers far too much space and was very nervous when he got chances.

silva has been tipped to be good. will he be physical enough, hes only something like 5ft6...remember lica? will they adapt?

im a forest fan and i want these lads to be brilliant, but i have my doubts that the team is much improved. some will say im negative, give them a chance blah blah....im often right because it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work it out.

I've not seen enough of Silva or Semedo to pass judgement - the former is apparently renowned for getting stuck in - no idea about the latter.

One complaint I had last season, was that the ball was like a hot potato to our midfield (excluding Carvalho) - very little composure and we seemed to lose it way to often.

Ribeiro - adds competition for Robinson, but other than him being a left back, pacy and likes to get forward - not a lot to go on.

Ameobi isn't over the hill - offers something very different & only a 1 year deal!

Adomah - CP mentioned that his Villa supporting mates said his legs had gone (or something like that) - that remains to be seen, they could be right.

Fair comment. I should probably see them more before forming a judgement. I'm normally optimistic but this does have the feel of having been here before - deja vu.

Maybe this will be different.

have we improved our starting 11 is the question.
From last year I'd say yes. Think we needed something different left wing to what we had with Lolley on the right. Pace and power. Adomah and Ameobi provide that. Also think we found out how unreliable our number 8s were. Really think Tiago might be the answer. Of course Semedo replacing Colback is gonna be decisive. Got cover for Robbo and soon Darikwa. Goalie better than what we had. Just need that bit of luck when it comes to injuries as without Grabban not many goals.

Not spent a huge amount yet and if we sell off pants and Ozzy there could be a decent chunk of change to throw at a striker maybe, all the new Portuguese lads need to settle but maybe our playing style under the new coach will be more to their strengths? All up in the air till the season gets going, I'm feeling more optimistic with Mon gone hopefully the footballs at least more pleasing to watch.

i could be completely wrong here and im cynical in nature but i have real fears that semedo and ribeiro will be duds. iv based this on what their previous teams fans have said and what we have seen come before them. have done alot of research on them. espanyol fans say Semedo was terrible , although he had very little minutes there(fiorentina said the same about dias). Benfica fans say Ribeiro is poor defensively giving wingers far too much space and was very nervous when he got chances.

silva has been tipped to be good. will he be physical enough, hes only something like 5ft6...remember lica? will they adapt?

im a forest fan and i want these lads to be brilliant, but i have my doubts that the team is much improved. some will say im negative, give them a chance blah blah....im often right because it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work it out.

Semedo looks a big unit, I just hope he's not another Kyle Ebecillio!

Silva is clearly the most experienced and has decent reviews.

Ribeiro? - My feelings are that he adds competition for Robinson & cover, for when he's suspended!

Same here tbh. If there's one player I'm more confident about it's Tiago. Apparently too tough at times for Portugal. Has the technical ability and likely to score more goals than Watson and Guedioura.

From last year I'd say yes. Think we needed something different left wing to what we had with Lolley on the right. Pace and power. Adomah and Ameobi provide that. Also think we found out how unreliable our number 8s were. Really think Tiago might be the answer. Of course Semedo replacing Colback is gonna be decisive. Got cover for Robbo and soon Darikwa. Goalie better than what we had. Just need that bit of luck when it comes to injuries as without Grabban not many goals.

New striker & a right back hopefully still to come.

I'm also hoping that we get players shipped out too.

Semedo looks a big unit, I just hope he's not another Kyle Ebecillio!

Silva is clearly the most experienced and has decent reviews.

Ribeiro? - My feelings are that he adds competition for Robinson & cover, for when he's suspended!
I think Ribeiro will be used as wing back when we play 3 at the back and Robinson will be LB when we play a flat back 4. Ribeiro is supposedly quick, skillful and very good going forward, just not great defensively.

Colback will be a loss, but a half decent manager should be able to make a decent midfield unit with what we have, there's no shortage of options for both players and formations given the sheer numbers we've got in midfield.

Adomah always worried me if he came on late, if he's been signed in that capacity, useful late sub to sneak a late goal, a 2 year deal seems ok.

I'm not sure being tied to 1 agent so heavily is necessarily a good thing, but if it means we get players cheap and can try a few more out than otherwise, maybe we earth enough diamonds to make it work.