Transfer rumors | Page 160 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

Have we actually been linked with Welbeck or have we just got pages of bollocks for nothing?

A single very dubious source on twitter, and I said that at the time.

It has led to a pretty decent debate about a player though. I'm sure all the participants at eabsolutely gutted it didn't meet your approval.

Last edited:
What do you mean "that's enough wingers for the future"?

You realise this isn't a game of just numbers don't you?

Just having 4 bodies in that position doesn't mean you have "enough". The game is based on the quality of those players, not the number of them you have. I would have thought that was obvious.

If there is a young player out there who has the potential to be better than what we have we should be looking at him. Given his proven record, I would put him in that category and that's why I had hoped forest would at least look at him before he was snatched by someone else

I know full well what you mean and that's fair enough. For me, those players, albeit not Cash, have represented England at youth level, from the under 17 upwards. Lowe has not. He's played one game for England C. Players potential can be compared even if one player is playing in league one and another in an Under 23s side. His proven record? He's had a good season in League 1. Remember Forest have bought players with potential who have shone over more than one season in lower leagues, Zach Clough, Jason Cummings, Jamie Paterson and none were world beaters. Trust the academy. They've worked with these players for years. With Arvin not even being made available for loan because he is considered someone already able to make an impression in the squad means he should be held in a higher regard. Just because you've not seen a player doesn't mean you should either dismiss him or lavishly praise him. Interestingly for Lowe, no side have signed him yet and the sides that are linked with him are Wigan and the newly promoted sides. Surely someone with such great potential should be catching the eye of the better teams in the league? Have you ever watched him play?
Ask yourself this, are you totally convinced that if Jamal Lowe was in the Forest academy he'd be ahead of AA, Brennan Johnson and Alex Mighten? I'm not saying Forest shouldn't sign young players from the lower leagues, but why would you spend millions, when you've got players the club think are gonna be better than Lowe? That's how clubs get themselves in messes, abusing academies. Forest's academy produces promising players. Stick with it.

Last edited:
Jamal Lowe v Danny Welbeck
I wasn't remotely comparing the two. What a stupid comment for him to make.

Because I don't want a vastly overrated and overpaid (must be £100k a week plus signing on fee) PL passenger I can't apparently can't suggest we look at (I didn't say sign) an exciting young lower league winger who has done really well in the real football league?

That's pretty rancid even for CP and his hanger on orbs.