Transfer rumors | Page 158 | Vital Football

Transfer rumors

That would be an amazing signing. Still has 4 years in him at least, fantastic SBC record and done pretty well on goals with a side that creates a fraction of the chances that Welbeck's clubs do.

Got to be a £15m+ fee though and hard to imagine that Fulham's PP money wouldn't be splashed before we could do anything.

We are fortunate this season though to have two relegated clubs who are in no financial position to take advantage of that money

Gray would be a tremendous signing but I just cannot see him accepting the kind of wages we would offer.

Hehe, love you pope.

Same age as welbeck.

Large fee as opposed to free transfer.

Small part of career played in prem where he has hardly been prolific. Compared to entire career played in prem.

Where Welbeck has played for two of the best attacking sides and has a dire goalscoring record, compared to a player who has played for one of the least creative sides and has scored at a similar, if not higher rate.

And a player who actually scores goals at our level rather than one you just assume might because he's more famous.

I want goals, not a name that other fans will go 'oooh' and then be glad they aren't the ones who are paying those wages for that shite

15million pounds saved gets you a lot of wages.
If gray had been in those manutd and arsenal squads would he have gotten any goals/ game time.
Welbeck was largely used as a winger.

It’s all hypothetical anyway as neither will join us, one because he’s too good the other because he’s too expensive, grays wages won’t be that much lower than welbeck on top of his 10+mill fee

15million pounds saved gets you a lot of wages.
If gray had been in those manutd and arsenal squads would he have gotten any goals/ game time.
Welbeck was largely used as a winger.

It’s all hypothetical anyway as neither will join us, one because he’s too good the other because he’s too expensive, grays wages won’t be that much lower than welbeck on top of his 10+mill fee
Neither will join us, that is correct.

Nothing to do with Welbeck being good, rather his reputation being so inflated. You are a perfect example of the Emperor's new clothes effect. Have you had a look at how similar his record is to Bendtner's?

Grey will not join because we can't afford the fee. I would rather spend £15m on a big fee and get guaranteed goals than spend the same on a vastly inflated wage with nothing behind it. You even admit that he has rarely played in the position we need anyway!

1) Welbeck has never played a full season
2) Even if he did for us, he would probably only get about 15 goals
3) Even if he does stay fully fit every season he would be here, is 15 goals worth the wages we would have to pay him?

Neither will join us, that is correct.

Nothing to do with Welbeck being good, rather his reputation being so inflated. You are a perfect example of the Emperor's new clothes effect. Have you had a look at how similar his record is to Bendtner's?

Grey will not join because we can't afford the fee. I would rather spend £15m on a big fee and get guaranteed goals than spend the same on a vastly inflated wage with nothing behind it. You even admit that he has rarely played in the position we need anyway!

how can you say that out of these 2 unrealistic targets only gray would guarantee goals?
their careers are incomparable. for the limited amount of time gray has been playing at the same level as welbeck he has hardly out shone him.
his career has certainly not reached the heights that welbeck has.
welbeck has been played out of position due to his pace and skill set but if he were to be played at centre forward in the championship i think he would be more prolific than gray.

Gray is a hardworking, pyhsical, honest, striker.
Wellbeck has neither of those qualities imo, his attributes do not lend themselves to championship football ie he needs it on a plate. I remember when we beat them down here a couple of seasons ago. He did fook all but got gifted a short back pass from memory?

how can you say that out of these 2 unrealistic targets only gray would guarantee goals?
their careers are incomparable. for the limited amount of time gray has been playing at the same level as welbeck he has hardly out shone him.
his career has certainly not reached the heights that welbeck has.
welbeck has been played out of position due to his pace and skill set but if he were to be played at centre forward in the championship i think he would be more prolific than gray.
I can say Grey guarantees goals because he has done it before at this level. He is actually pretty fun reliable at this level.

He is average at the level above but exceptional at this level.

Welbeck is deeply average at the higher level. Would be be exceptional at this level? You can't say. I think he would be average here as well

Just a quick one I hope you can help me with. Where does Brennan Johnson actually play? I have read on some reports he is a midfielder, others winger, others an attacking midfielder, but also a striker. I see he has gone to Greece along with Edser and Mighten. I haven't seen him play yet, and just wondering. He seems a grounded lad from what I have read. Hope that's the influence of his old man.

Article in the post today, basically saying we aren't going for Vydra because we don't need him when we've got Tyler Walker
Good. Tyler did well last year. His career is going in the right direction. Deserves a chance as a second or third striker this season. We do need another one to put some pressure on Grabban but not at the price Hydra will cost in fee and wages. He is not worth that and there will be better value to be found.

Article in the post today, basically saying we aren't going for Vydra because we don't need him when we've got Tyler Walker

Standard Post journalism. Wouldn't be surprised if there were a couple of grammatical errors/ typos/ spelling mistakes/ or incorrect facts thrown in for good measure.

I can say Grey guarantees goals because he has done it before at this level. He is actually pretty fun reliable at this level.

He is average at the level above but exceptional at this level.

Welbeck is deeply average at the higher level. Would be be exceptional at this level? You can't say. I think he would be average here as well

Just so I can get some kind of idea of where your head is at, do you consider the unlikely event of signing welbeck on a free would improve the squad or not?

Just so I can get some kind of idea of where your head is at, do you consider the unlikely event of signing welbeck on a free would improve the squad or not?
Of course it would. Signing Ameobi improves the squad.

What it wouldn't do would be economical when you compare finances to performance and I seriously doubt it would bring us that many goals, which is what we need to move forward.

Good. Tyler did well last year. His career is going in the right direction. Deserves a chance as a second or third striker this season. We do need another one to put some pressure on Grabban but not at the price Hydra will cost in fee and wages. He is not worth that and there will be better value to be found.

Hope I'm wrong, but saw Walker play twice last year, and he did next to nothing. Played against Notts in a Mansfield team that on the day not only managed to lose, but actually looked inferior to the County team. In the first minute Walker had a shot from outside the box that was hit well and sailed yards over the bar. The rest of the game he couldn't even beat the County defenders. Similarly against Newport.

Hope I'm wrong, but saw Walker play twice last year, and he did next to nothing. Played against Notts in a Mansfield team that on the day not only managed to lose, but actually looked inferior to the County team. In the first minute Walker had a shot from outside the box that was hit well and sailed yards over the bar. The rest of the game he couldn't even beat the County defenders. Similarly against Newport.

His masterbate.